GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How much!?!?......"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/08/03 at 16:01
Regular
I am starting to make webpages for companies, and i was wondering if any of you goons know how much i should charge.

Any one know?
Sun 17/08/03 at 15:20
Regular
"keep your receipt"
Very true.

But if you want a pretty looking 1024x768 only website dedicated to just providing a few bits of information, then I am the master :)
Sun 17/08/03 at 15:17
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
the_aoe_slaught wrote:
> ...and it doesn't even look that good... sure it's got some features
> and all but that's a little much!

There's more to websites than making them look nice.

Chad Niga may be able to make 'pretty looking' websites but when it comes down to the backend of the sites that's where things show.

It's like making a game, all you see is the final output, you don't see how much coding goes into making the game...

That site has user logins, most people here couldn't even manage those if they tried. That would have been a big enough task...

That's what makes me laugh, people think they can make a pretty looking website using Dreamweaver and think they're profesional...

There's sooooooooooo much more than that!

Anyone can call themselves a designer, but when it comes to making dynamic sites with more than just a pretty page, most people will crash and burn...
Sun 17/08/03 at 12:00
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Just seeing what it does I can only guess how complicated it must have been.

I reckon a lot of that must have gone on propietry backends though. What did you use, ASP? JSP? Home grown? You know PHP and PostGresSQL is the way forwards :-)
Sun 17/08/03 at 11:16
Regular
"\\"
...and it doesn't even look that good... sure it's got some features and all but that's a little much!
Sun 17/08/03 at 01:58
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Jesus almost a million pounds.
Sat 16/08/03 at 16:14
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Just for the record... http://www.blackwell-synergy.com cost us just under £900,000 to develop, again due to the enourmous anount of work needed for the back end CMS
Sat 16/08/03 at 16:12
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
cjh wrote:
> Tyla wrote:
> Oops.. that should be :http://www.history-compass.com/splash/
>
> I like it, I like it a lot.
>
> Easy to navigate, works in the two most popular screen resolutions,
> isn't too image based, loads fast, all the standard features of a
> great web site.
>
> Nice work Tyla.
>
> Although, under the 'History Compass Demo', the search results are
> not looking so hot. It appears as the Styles and images are not being
> applied, but that could just be because you haven't finished that
> segment yet.

The demo should be offline by now, will sort that on Monday
Sat 16/08/03 at 16:11
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Valentino Rossi wrote:
> £60,000, how long did that site take you from stsrt to finish ?

about 3yrs

2 x full time developers
1 x Designer (Me)
1 x Project manager
Sat 16/08/03 at 16:09
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Chad Niga wrote:
> £60,000 for that??!?!?!
>
> I am looking at the right page arent I ?? because that is a very
> simple page!!
>
> Who ever paid you that must be very dumb or very despirite.
>
> Im not saying its crap, because its good, and excellent you managed
> to get that much money, but they did pay alot!!

It took over 3 years to develop, it's the only thing of it's kind in the world. Although to the average jo it's not that amazing, it's the CMS behind it that cost so much and the GUI for content updaters (not front end facing) which took so long to develop
Fri 15/08/03 at 20:56
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Tyla wrote:
> Oops.. that should be :http://www.history-compass.com/splash/

I like it, I like it a lot.

Easy to navigate, works in the two most popular screen resolutions, isn't too image based, loads fast, all the standard features of a great web site.

Nice work Tyla.

Although, under the 'History Compass Demo', the search results are not looking so hot. It appears as the Styles and images are not being applied, but that could just be because you haven't finished that segment yet.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.