GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"24 is over! - But what happens next?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/08/03 at 23:02
Regular
I must say the last episode was very good but the cliff hanger at the end was a whole thing in itself - Will it play a part in the next series? See when I saw Mandy with prezza's skin I had a cloning vide coming through, or he could die or........

What did she actually do anyway and what do u guys think will happen in series 3?
Mon 11/08/03 at 21:04
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Don't any of you watch Pure 24? Grrrr:

Jack's partner is called Chase Exen
Palmer's brother, Wayne Palmer will appear
Palmer is not dead
And series 3 takes place 3 years after series 2
Sherry Palmer and Kate Warner have not been signed for a few series, perhaps only a few episodes or one appearance
Kate had a relationship with Jack, but his work got in the way
Kim is a lesbian
Michelle and Tony are still together

That's all confirmed, by the way.
Mon 11/08/03 at 20:20
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Yes, she was one of the assassins and in on the plot to kill him, she helped obtain a fake journalist ID by seducing a journalist set to interview Palmer onboarda an airline flight, she screwed him in the toilets, he goes back and finds his ID missing, she takes out a few attendents, straps on a parachute, blows the 747 door and escapes, as the aircraft depressurises and explodes....first episode of S1 I think.
Mon 11/08/03 at 20:02
Regular
"\\"
Who was the person that poisoned him anyway... Was she out of S1 or something?
Mon 11/08/03 at 17:09
Regular
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> It kind of rendered the whole first series a bit pointless though,
> didn't it? If it was that easy to 'kill' the president, why not just
> do that instead of explode a plane, have plastic surgery to look like
> a photographer, arrange a sniper etc.

But he wasn't president in season one, though he did have a security detail. Really, the end of S2 is realistic in the sense that the greatest threat to any important person is one determined individual.

Plus Palmer did the address against advice and to try stop panic in the country. In a way that is consistent with his character throughout the show, he puts the country and it's safety above his own self and safety.
Mon 11/08/03 at 16:49
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
First series wasn't as good as the second, but was still well worth watching
Mon 11/08/03 at 16:39
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
It kind of rendered the whole first series a bit pointless though, didn't it? If it was that easy to 'kill' the president, why not just do that instead of explode a plane, have plastic surgery to look like a photographer, arrange a sniper etc.

Still, fantastic series and a great ending.
Mon 11/08/03 at 15:53
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
You know what was strange abou the whole Palmer incident at the end? All the men stood around poiting guns at the crowd, and no one did a bloody thing to help him. He was twitching on the floor with a mangled hand, and I didn't see anyone rushing to his aid.
Mon 11/08/03 at 15:29
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Can't believe I've got to wait until end of October, anyone know when BBC2 will start showing Series 3 ? next year I suppose
Mon 11/08/03 at 15:29
Regular
Valentino Rossi wrote:
> What happened to Lynn, did she live or die ? or don't we know yet ?

Coma.
Mon 11/08/03 at 15:11
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
When you only saw the back of Mandy's head, and you didn't know who it was and the music started playing, I thought "Hmm, suicide bomber? Assasination attempt?".

And then when you saw her, and she tried to get the David's attention, I knew some kind of poison would be involved, and that it would be contracted through contact of shaking hands somehow.

Lo and behold, she grabs onto his hand for just those few seconds.

I'm thinking some kind of nerve agent, Mustard Gas and the likes, because his breathing was affected as well as his skin, and that's the symptoms of a nerve agent.

Fantastic series.

Roll on series 3.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.