GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh really?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/07/03 at 10:06
Regular
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/ adventure/tombraidertheangelod/news_6072539.html

--

They blame the box office meh-ness of Tomb Raider:Cradle of Life on the fact that gamers didn't like Angel of Darkness?
Seems to me that the reason it didn't do very well is because it's a lazy sequel to a boring, pointless film that didn't do fantastically well in the 1st place?

Angelina Jolie gets naked in loads of films, no need to spend your £ on this rubbish.
Oh, looks like nobody has anyway.
Good. Dont blame the game, blame dull, derivative, thoughtless McMovies that people have gorged on and are full.
Tue 29/07/03 at 13:29
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
the trailer is class. Of particular note are the meteor cgi effects, that were done on a laptop (!??!?!?!) and look just a pro as a film costing 10 - 20 times as much.

As to the triple barrel shotgun, hey, every baddass has to have a cool weapon :)
Tue 29/07/03 at 13:41
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Looks promising.
Tue 29/07/03 at 13:52
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
That's laptop stuff?
Looks damned good considering.
Australian zombie flick with a beardy cowboy man and upper-torso missing leg zombie.

I shall see this
Tue 29/07/03 at 16:31
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Goatboy wrote:
> And on another related note, they're remaking Dawn of The Dead and
> making it PG-13.

On top of that, it apparently doesn't feature a mall.
Tue 29/07/03 at 16:43
Regular
That Undead film has been around for about 2 years, the release date just keeps getting put back.
Tue 29/07/03 at 16:52
Regular
"not dead"
The first Tomb Raider was awful.

I had no intention of watching it whatsoever, but it turned up on my doorstep, so I watched it then sent it back.

It was so utterly moronic. Why not just destroy the bit she had...?

What's best, is that it was nearly beaten by Seabiscuit, only a few $100000 in it.

Seabiscuit opened in far fewer cinemas.

Seabiscuit is a tale of Spider-man on a horse.

Seabiscuit is one of the worst names for a movie ever.

And more people went to see Spy Kids 3D. Hopefully that'll put an end to any thoughts of a third...?

And remaking Dawn as a PG13? That's just wrong. They'd no doubt totally miss the point, cut out all the social commentary, and have hip kids hide in supermarket, beating the zombies without getting nasty. Urgh.
Tue 29/07/03 at 16:56
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
monkey_man wrote:

> At least the people behind Spaced are making a zombie movie!
> "Shaun of the Dead" it's called, and stars Simon Pegg!
> Can't wait.

Crikey, I'm like the worlds biggest Spaced fan and I didn't know that.
If Pegg and Stevenson are writing it, it can't fail to be anything but class.
Any idea when it's out?

They should really bring back Spaced an' all, or at least repeat it on C4. I could quote that darned program endlessly...but I won't, for the sake of these forums.
Tue 29/07/03 at 17:05
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I don't think Jessica Stevenson has to anything to do with it, but I know that Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and that guy that played Darth Maul (Pete Sercwanickiz???) are all on board, as is Edgar Wright. There's more on the Spaced website, but we've missed out on our chance to be extras!!!
Tue 29/07/03 at 17:10
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Och, i reported that first.
Tue 29/07/03 at 17:12
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
monkey_man wrote:
> I don't think Jessica Stevenson has to anything to do with it, but I
> know that Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and that guy that played Darth Maul
> (Pete Sercwanickiz???) are all on board, as is Edgar Wright. There's
> more on the Spaced website, but we've missed out on our chance to be
> extras!!!

Rats. The chance to be an extra would've been so cool! I'll have a gander at that website though.

Cheers!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.