GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh really?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/07/03 at 10:06
Regular
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/ adventure/tombraidertheangelod/news_6072539.html

--

They blame the box office meh-ness of Tomb Raider:Cradle of Life on the fact that gamers didn't like Angel of Darkness?
Seems to me that the reason it didn't do very well is because it's a lazy sequel to a boring, pointless film that didn't do fantastically well in the 1st place?

Angelina Jolie gets naked in loads of films, no need to spend your £ on this rubbish.
Oh, looks like nobody has anyway.
Good. Dont blame the game, blame dull, derivative, thoughtless McMovies that people have gorged on and are full.
Tue 29/07/03 at 10:06
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/ adventure/tombraidertheangelod/news_6072539.html

--

They blame the box office meh-ness of Tomb Raider:Cradle of Life on the fact that gamers didn't like Angel of Darkness?
Seems to me that the reason it didn't do very well is because it's a lazy sequel to a boring, pointless film that didn't do fantastically well in the 1st place?

Angelina Jolie gets naked in loads of films, no need to spend your £ on this rubbish.
Oh, looks like nobody has anyway.
Good. Dont blame the game, blame dull, derivative, thoughtless McMovies that people have gorged on and are full.
Tue 29/07/03 at 10:17
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
A crappy action film with a hot chick in it that manages to miss the mark of both brainless explosion fest and mindless eye candy? And nobody wants to see it? Wow, must be the game.
Tue 29/07/03 at 12:48
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Thing is, execs will blame everything but they fact they suck at their jobs.

"Let's make Tomb Raider:The Movie!"
"But Indiana Jones is already a good film"
"...Angelina Jolie! But you dont see anything!"
"But she's been in countless films naked"

Got made, got released, got panned.
Then the sequel.
"But it failed"
"Damn computer game, it's the reason our film sucked"
"But the game sold millions"
"...er...."

And on another related note, they're remaking Dawn of The Dead and making it PG-13.
Nobody will watch, they'll blame horrow movies for not being in vogue and that's that.
Tue 29/07/03 at 12:56
Regular
PG-13?

That's gotta be some kind of sick ass joke. Flesh eating zombies that don't really eat anyone because the censors said so.
Tue 29/07/03 at 12:56
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Are you alright today Goaty - you're making an awful lot of spelling and grammar mistakes. Wrists sore, or something, for some reason?
Tue 29/07/03 at 12:59
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I am, aren't I? Just tired, dont usually make this many.
Sorry.

Just watched the trailer for "Cradle of Life" and I've seen stunts ripped from View to a Kill, Thunderbirds, Never Say Never Again, The Great Escape and countless John Woo movies.
This will suck even worse than the 1st one.

And yep, a PG-13 zombie film.
So zombie fans wont watch, kids wont like it and it'll tank.
Resident Evil gets made, and George Romero can't get funding for a 4th zombie flick.
Something is wrong
Tue 29/07/03 at 13:02
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Goatboy wrote:
> Resident Evil gets made, and George Romero can't get funding for a 4th
> zombie flick.
> Something is wrong

At least the people behind Spaced are making a zombie movie! "Shaun of the Dead" it's called, and stars Simon Pegg! Can't wait.
Tue 29/07/03 at 13:09
Regular
"bit of a brain"
They need to male a film that involves a zombie in a regular job. Such as a receptionist, or perhaps a systems analyst.
Tue 29/07/03 at 13:22
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Check out www.undeadmovie.com for a class looking zombie movie in the tradition of Pete Jackson.
Tue 29/07/03 at 13:25
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I'm liking that multi-barrel crossbow thing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.