GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Connection Dropping"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/05/09 at 10:59
Regular
"I like turtles"
I posted this problem a couple of months ago.My Freeola connection drops (usually overnight,but don't know if this is just coincidental ?).I was advised to try unplugging my router for a small period (think I left it off all day while I was at work) as I think this resets the connection at the exchange ?.It got better for a short period of time but now its as bad as ever.I replaced the router but that has made no difference.Its not a huge problem as all I have to do is reboot the router and its ok for a day or so.I will try the unplugging the router overnight trick again,no reason not to.Has anyone else experienced this problem ?.If not would that point to the issue being with my local exchange ?.
Thu 11/06/09 at 22:11
Regular
"I like turtles"
Thanks Warhunt.

I have just raised a ticket as requested.

After being terrible yesterday,my connection has been spot on today which is probably going to make me look like a complete tool ! :)
Thu 11/06/09 at 18:52
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Ahhh the types of issue we love. Intermittently intermittent :D

Can't really do anything about it until we get an official call or ticket though, so give it a go and we shall see what we can do for you.
Thu 11/06/09 at 15:34
Regular
"I like turtles"
Warhunt wrote:
> Have you contacted our support about it yet?

No mate,will do that.

Bought a new router but its made no difference whatsoever.Also tried my old USB ADSL modem but that didn't do the trick either.Disconnected all phones etc. but its still the same.As I said some days its fine on others its terrible ?.
Thu 11/06/09 at 13:50
Regular
Maybe try another router?
Thu 11/06/09 at 13:23
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Have you contacted our support about it yet?
Wed 10/06/09 at 21:08
Regular
"I like turtles"
My connection has been terrible again this evening,very unstable and kicked me off twice in the last half an hour.Really wierd as some days its fine ?.If the problem was my end surely it would do it all the time ?.
Wed 03/06/09 at 07:17
Regular
"I like turtles"
Over the last 24 hours this has been worse than ever.Kicked me off about 5 times last night and was dead again when I went to it this morning.
Tue 26/05/09 at 07:21
Regular
"I like turtles"
Dragonlance wrote:

Does appear that there maybe a 'problem'....what you think Pete?

Would appear so sir !.

Asked a few of my neighbours (who are all with different ISP's) and no one else seems to be experiencing this problem ?.
Mon 25/05/09 at 22:09
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Ha ha Tappet, made me laugh too m8. Engineer called this morning while I was in Sheffield....sorted line though.....

Does appear that there maybe a 'problem'....what you think Pete?
Mon 25/05/09 at 20:34
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
Dragonlance wrote:
> Thanks Tappet, but I do understand the 'laws of cold and heat' -
> the line in question is slack and wavy all year, but all the
> rest, some 10+, are ramrod straight :-)

lol, i had a funny feeling you would,lol
just made me laugh when i read you had noticed your line was slack, sorry if it seemed i was mocking your intelligence, its just my wkend state of mind!

Have BT returned your call?

just keep pestering them everyday and insist an engineer comes out.

if you still get no joy, throw a rope over your line and yank it down. Or if there is enough slack in it just jump up and pull it down.

I'll see if i can have a word with our local and friendly engineer and let you know what he say !

Keep safe m8.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.