GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Raw better than smackdown? the draft has killed smackdown! ne other topics?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/07/03 at 16:29
Regular
Raw is so much better than smackdown even the crap matches on raw r as good as the main events on smackdown! bring the undertaker angle lesner and cena to raw and smackdown dont have a show! every week big show lesnor and angle and taker and cena they fight each other! so boring!

AUstin is a legend! on rw he will get fired, but i reckon he mite get offred a contract to wrestle agen! and defeat kane and the game for the title! wotya reckon?

p.s maybe i am in dreamlnad bout austin back in the ring
Sun 27/07/03 at 17:38
Regular
"Plate of glue"
Raw is by far better. They have a mor variiety of wrestlers to keep matches and rivalrys 'fresh'. Smackdown is lame. Fo example:
Week 1:Brock Lesnar vs. Big Show & The worlds greatest tag team.
Week 2:Kurt Angle vs. Big Show & The worlds greatest tag team.
Week 3:Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angle & Zach Gowen vs.Big Show & The worlds greatest tag team.

All they intoruduced was one new wrestler over 3 weeks of main events. See my point?
Sun 27/07/03 at 18:04
Regular
"..."
Ok...there will NEVER be a definitive end to this argument because...
Everyone who likes actual WRESTLING will be for smackdown...WHY? Angle,Benoit, Guerrero, Mysterio, Lesnar,The Cruiserweights, Nunzio...etc...
BUT everyone who likes storylines will always prefer Raw because they have all the charismatic guys
Mon 28/07/03 at 09:08
Regular
"RVD V1.0"
well said!!!
Mon 28/07/03 at 13:21
Regular
"..."
619 wrote:
> well said!!!

Thankyou...I pride myself on being objective...
Tue 29/07/03 at 11:01
Regular
"I like cheese"
Up until perhaps Vengeance I have preferred RAW, and probably still do.

Actually, change that. I prefer the RAW main event, but I think Smackdown has a stronger undercard.

The fact that Smackdown can have Rey Mysterio vs Matt Hardy for the Cruiser Title as it's official main event and get huge reactions, and that RAW can't get a decent reaction for Scott Steiner and Test most of the time says something.

But RAW is Jericho, who I still feel is by far the most entertaining star in the WWE, in the ring and on the mic. Evolution are looking good now, we're set for Goldberg vs HHH, Booker T is IC Champion and I'm looking forward to Kane's new angle and a real match between him and RVD...it's too close to call at the mo between the two shows.
Tue 29/07/03 at 11:21
Regular
Ant wrote:
> But RAW is Jericho, who I still feel is by far the most entertaining
> star in the WWE, in the ring and on the mic.

He is now, but when THE ROCK! returns, he won't be.
Tue 29/07/03 at 20:22
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Ya think?! RAW is, and will forever be (well, for a long time to come), Jericho. :)
Tue 29/07/03 at 20:57
Regular
"Guess who..."
†hë_Çøñg_Mðñ wrote:
> Ok...there will NEVER be a definitive end to this argument
> because...
> Everyone who likes actual WRESTLING will be for smackdown...WHY?
> Angle,Benoit, Guerrero, Mysterio, Lesnar,The Cruiserweights,
> Nunzio...etc...
> BUT everyone who likes storylines will always prefer Raw because they
> have all the charismatic guys

The Cruiserweight tournament is lame and frankly, depressing. Big Show has done a lot to earn respect but he's being degraded by Brock Lesnar and The World's "Greatest" Tag-Team (what a pathetic name), or as I prefer to call them "The World's Greatest Disappointment". Nunzio makes me feel physically sick and what's with bringing a new wrestler in every week?! At least make a storyline where Rey Mysterio becomes jealous of Ultimo Dragon (or vice-versa) and they end up brawling. You can't just have every cruiserweight as a face! It doesn't work! Well, at least SmackDown's got Vince.

...nuff said.

Oh and by the way the logo sucks! bring back the ORIGINAL SmackDown! Now those were the days...

(I am of course also referring to the whole stage set-up as well)
Tue 29/07/03 at 23:21
Regular
"bWo > You"
The Cruiserweight Division has some of the most exciting wrestling there is in the entire promotion, and it finally seems as though it's going to be getting some respect after Matt Hardy gave it a little worth. Big Show is coming along, but still shouldn't be main-eventing - fortunately, it seems Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar will take up the SummerSlam main event on their own. Chris Benoit and Rhyno should now be feuding up until SummerSlam, which should be a great feud. John Cena is a US Title challenger right now, but I don't know if he'll go with Eddie. SmackDown! has some genuine class, but sadly little storyline substance, as has been said.

RAW, on the other hand, is now even faltering on the storyline front, where it is strongest. Kane is able to set someone on fire and still get told by the boss that he has a right to earn a living? As one Internet columnist has so rightly put it, the storylines just aren't making sense anymore. Hurricane, Jericho, HBK, Bischoff and Stone Cold and a few others are worth watching, but really, is it a show? (Bring Nova in to tag with Hurricane, then I'll be satisfied).

All in all, SmackDown! appears to be the better show for me, even though Jericho and Bischoff are on the other side.
Tue 29/07/03 at 23:24
Regular
I prefer RAW but only because I prefer the wrestlers there. Triple H, Jericho, Kane, RVD, Shane(now) and of course my favourite wrestler is on RAW - The Rock (he will be anyway when he gets back).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.