GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I think I need to help someone, and I'm not sure how."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/07/03 at 10:40
Regular
This is about a girl. It always is, I suppose – no-one writes topics about blokes on here. Not meaningful ones. That’s something worth taking into consideration, because, despite the platonic tone I am keen to emphasize, I wouldn’t be typing this if the girl was a boy. But perhaps that’s just the way people are, I don’t know.

This is a girl called Skoda. She’s a ballet dancer. Some of you might remember her from a thing on a trampoline last summer (Jebus, have I been posting here that long?). She’s probably one of my best friends, when I think about it. I’ve known her since year 8 – I’ve just finished my GCSEs, so that makes it 4 years. That’s a long time.

Here is the problem. She’s funning crazy now. Not crazy in a mentally impaired way, but in a ‘better to burn out than fade away’ way. She’s a heavy drinker – she won’t just have a couple of alcopops, she’ll drink until she drops.

And frequently does. I’m not usually there, but you hear stories. Falling down in the middle of roads, that was 2 Fridays ago. Week before that, she ended up at my house. I wasn’t here, I was in Penzance. But my older sister (21, back from uni) had to rescue her in a pub, and bring her back here to vomit and cry. My sister hasn’t seen Skoda for years, but they used to be ballet dancers together.

Of course, this could only be a problem in my head. Maybe I just want to save her in a nice dramatic Dawsons Creek way, I don’t know. After all, if I really wanted to help someone, I should try the alcoholic in the village, because he definitely needs saving. But I don’t want to do that, and nor does anybody else, so they won’t. And he’ll die, there’s no question about that.

The other thing is sex. She’s 16, she can sleep with people, I don’t care. But she does. A lot. She had a boyfriend for 3 months, that was good, that was steady. But that broke up a couple of weeks ago, so she’s single now. I don’t know…obviously she wouldn’t do it if she didn’t enjoy it, and I’m not in any position to tell her what she does and doesn’t enjoy. But I just think, in the long run, she’s going to get so emotionally hurt.

Because she’s gorgeous. Absolutely drop dead gorgeous. And nobody disputes that. It’s not just her figure, it’s the way she moves. Everything about her, her laugh, everything, just makes you want to, in Goatboys words, ‘pole her’. And people will pretend to care about her just so they can touch that body. And at some point she’s going to reach for someone, and they’re not going to be there, not on an emotional level.

Just to note, I’m absolutely and totally in love with my girlfriend, so, although I admit Skoda is fit, there’s not a thought of anything happening between us. Because my girlfriend is the best. Completely and utterly the best.

So this my point, and this is what I want replies to. Other than this helping me sort out how I feel, this being carthetic (is that a word?), I need to know if I should try to do something. Because, in 2 years time, I couldn’t bear to see that she’s still in the state that she’s in. Because I don’t think she’s happy. I don’t think she’s happy at all.
Sat 19/07/03 at 21:21
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
If someone said that to me, I would actually think about what I had said, and if neccesary apologise and put it right. If I said all indians are arseh*les (which I didn't and won't), I would deserve to be called immature and a nob, or whatever. You obviously don't understand the effects of what you are saying, one day the consequences may be much harsher than us telling you that you're an idiot.
Sat 19/07/03 at 21:25
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Skorp1on wrote:
> If someone said that to me, I would actually think about what I had
> said, and if neccesary apologise and put it right. If I said all
> indians are arseh*les (which I didn't and won't), I would deserve to
> be called immature and a nob, or whatever. You obviously don't
> understand the effects of what you are saying, one day the
> consequences may be much harsher than us telling you that you're an
> idiot.

No one deserves to be called a "nob" or other names like that however irrational people will say things like that. Yes I have said them before but I was being irrational and admit that. You just lack the ability to have a structured debate without resorting to name calling and jumping to conclusions. How can you tell if someone is immature by a comment or two on an internet forum? You don't know that person and to jump to those kind of conclusions doesn't exactly make it fact.
Sat 19/07/03 at 21:33
Regular
"joypadjunkies.com"
CUBIST,

Did you or did you not tell us about this girl, then ask for peoples advice!

*****I need to know if I should try to do something. Because, in 2 years time, I couldn’t bear to see that she’s still in the state that she’s in. Because I don’t think she’s happy. I don’t think she’s happy at all*****

Well i thought to my self, aww a fuy thats actually gonna try and help his friend in a bad situation.

That was until i read.....

Cubist wrote:
> If it was me I'd call her a stupid bint and tell her to get her act
> together before she really hurts herself and/or the people that care
> about her. It may sound harsh, it may sound uncarring but if it gets
> through to her then it's worth it. If not then I suggest you try as
> hard as you can to wash your hands of her. I know that will be hard as
> you've been friends for so long but that's what I would do.

No you would not say that at all in someones situation, if you was ever to say anyting like this to her it could affect her even more. It could make a situation 10 times worse. Maybe you are not the person to help her at all, i think you need to help yourself before you can help anyone out yourself. I thougt you was a genuine person who really wanted to help your friend but your attitude stinks!
Sat 19/07/03 at 21:36
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
*slow clapping*
Sat 19/07/03 at 21:43
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
@ngel wrote:
> CUBIST,
>
> Did you or did you not tell us about this girl, then ask for peoples
> advice!
>
> *****I need to know if I should try to do something. Because, in 2
> years time, I couldn’t bear to see that she’s still in the state that
> she’s in. Because I don’t think she’s happy. I don’t think she’s happy
> at all*****
>
> Well i thought to my self, aww a fuy thats actually gonna try and help
> his friend in a bad situation.
>
> That was until i read.....
>
> Cubist wrote:
> If it was me I'd call her a stupid bint and tell her to get her act
> together before she really hurts herself and/or the people that care
>
> about her. It may sound harsh, it may sound uncarring but if it gets
>
> through to her then it's worth it. If not then I suggest you try as
> hard as you can to wash your hands of her. I know that will be hard as
>
> you've been friends for so long but that's what I would do.
>
> No you would not say that at all in someones situation, if you was
> ever to say anyting like this to her it could affect her even more. It
> could make a situation 10 times worse. Maybe you are not the person to
> help her at all, i think you need to help yourself before you can help
> anyone out yourself. I thougt you was a genuine person who really
> wanted to help your friend but your attitude stinks!

Mouldy cheese posted this thread, not cubist
Sat 19/07/03 at 21:44
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
phuzzy wrote:
> *slow clapping*

All together now,

*Clap......Clap......Clap......Clap......Clap*
Sat 19/07/03 at 21:48
Regular
"joypadjunkies.com"
Apoligeis then cubist im sorry that i read it wrong eek!!!!

S O R R Y :(
Sat 19/07/03 at 21:50
Regular
"joypadjunkies.com"
Think of just got a bit confused with the reply bit and who wrote waht! What a stupid BIT** i am
Sat 19/07/03 at 21:52
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
Calm down Angel. No one really cares that you made a mistake.

;D
Sat 19/07/03 at 21:57
Regular
"joypadjunkies.com"
Oh sorry, just dont wanna get on the wrong side of anyone!!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.