GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I think I need to help someone, and I'm not sure how."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/07/03 at 10:40
Regular
This is about a girl. It always is, I suppose – no-one writes topics about blokes on here. Not meaningful ones. That’s something worth taking into consideration, because, despite the platonic tone I am keen to emphasize, I wouldn’t be typing this if the girl was a boy. But perhaps that’s just the way people are, I don’t know.

This is a girl called Skoda. She’s a ballet dancer. Some of you might remember her from a thing on a trampoline last summer (Jebus, have I been posting here that long?). She’s probably one of my best friends, when I think about it. I’ve known her since year 8 – I’ve just finished my GCSEs, so that makes it 4 years. That’s a long time.

Here is the problem. She’s funning crazy now. Not crazy in a mentally impaired way, but in a ‘better to burn out than fade away’ way. She’s a heavy drinker – she won’t just have a couple of alcopops, she’ll drink until she drops.

And frequently does. I’m not usually there, but you hear stories. Falling down in the middle of roads, that was 2 Fridays ago. Week before that, she ended up at my house. I wasn’t here, I was in Penzance. But my older sister (21, back from uni) had to rescue her in a pub, and bring her back here to vomit and cry. My sister hasn’t seen Skoda for years, but they used to be ballet dancers together.

Of course, this could only be a problem in my head. Maybe I just want to save her in a nice dramatic Dawsons Creek way, I don’t know. After all, if I really wanted to help someone, I should try the alcoholic in the village, because he definitely needs saving. But I don’t want to do that, and nor does anybody else, so they won’t. And he’ll die, there’s no question about that.

The other thing is sex. She’s 16, she can sleep with people, I don’t care. But she does. A lot. She had a boyfriend for 3 months, that was good, that was steady. But that broke up a couple of weeks ago, so she’s single now. I don’t know…obviously she wouldn’t do it if she didn’t enjoy it, and I’m not in any position to tell her what she does and doesn’t enjoy. But I just think, in the long run, she’s going to get so emotionally hurt.

Because she’s gorgeous. Absolutely drop dead gorgeous. And nobody disputes that. It’s not just her figure, it’s the way she moves. Everything about her, her laugh, everything, just makes you want to, in Goatboys words, ‘pole her’. And people will pretend to care about her just so they can touch that body. And at some point she’s going to reach for someone, and they’re not going to be there, not on an emotional level.

Just to note, I’m absolutely and totally in love with my girlfriend, so, although I admit Skoda is fit, there’s not a thought of anything happening between us. Because my girlfriend is the best. Completely and utterly the best.

So this my point, and this is what I want replies to. Other than this helping me sort out how I feel, this being carthetic (is that a word?), I need to know if I should try to do something. Because, in 2 years time, I couldn’t bear to see that she’s still in the state that she’s in. Because I don’t think she’s happy. I don’t think she’s happy at all.
Sat 19/07/03 at 20:57
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Feck you, just because you're Mr Rational and are obssessed with making a good impression on these forums by never saying one thing even remotely controversial doesn't mean that I amn't being A) Mature and B) Practical. Why don't you go insult some one else because I'm not feeling well and don't give a rat's a$5 what i) I say or do and ii) What you say and do.
Sat 19/07/03 at 20:59
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> God you're an unsensitive, immature, emotionally deprived
> neanderthallic prat aren't you?

Oh I'm sorry that's incorrect but don't worry there's still the bonus question round, but believe me when I say a wrong answer will cost you all your points.
Sat 19/07/03 at 21:00
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
Cubist, I think a pattern is appearing, you say something, people call you a prat, you try to argue, and lose. Just shut your insensetive arseh*le up, and go pester someone other than us.
Sat 19/07/03 at 21:03
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I'm not arguing. I tell you all my point of view, you all insult me, I insult you back and it goes round like that. It's a vicious cycle but I suppose you can't help being narrow minded and dismissive of other peoples beliefs.
Sat 19/07/03 at 21:04
Regular
"You've upset me"
Cubist, do you even know what the word compassion means?
Sat 19/07/03 at 21:05
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Sounds like a yogurt flavour…
Sat 19/07/03 at 21:06
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
To perform and act of good faith even when it is not necessarily deserved? Well that's how I'd define compassion. Unfortunately I think you need to earn the right to be treated like that and going up on the town for booze-ups until you are unconscious etc doesn't qualify in my books.
Sat 19/07/03 at 21:06
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
I don't mind other peoples beliefs, as long as they aren't offensive. Your posts are usually either offensive, or contain something very insensetive. You also answer ethical and very important issues with a load of crap you probably just made up on the spot. If not, go and see your GP right now, he'll give you the right pills...
Sat 19/07/03 at 21:07
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
English_Bloke wrote:
> Sounds like a yogurt flavour…

LOL, that made me laugh. Thanks English_Bloke.
Sat 19/07/03 at 21:07
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
English_Bloke wrote:
> Sounds like a yogurt flavour…

Yeah Fromage Frai introuduce a new exotic flavour *!Compassion Fruit!* Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ;D heh

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.