GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I think I need to help someone, and I'm not sure how."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/07/03 at 10:40
Regular
This is about a girl. It always is, I suppose – no-one writes topics about blokes on here. Not meaningful ones. That’s something worth taking into consideration, because, despite the platonic tone I am keen to emphasize, I wouldn’t be typing this if the girl was a boy. But perhaps that’s just the way people are, I don’t know.

This is a girl called Skoda. She’s a ballet dancer. Some of you might remember her from a thing on a trampoline last summer (Jebus, have I been posting here that long?). She’s probably one of my best friends, when I think about it. I’ve known her since year 8 – I’ve just finished my GCSEs, so that makes it 4 years. That’s a long time.

Here is the problem. She’s funning crazy now. Not crazy in a mentally impaired way, but in a ‘better to burn out than fade away’ way. She’s a heavy drinker – she won’t just have a couple of alcopops, she’ll drink until she drops.

And frequently does. I’m not usually there, but you hear stories. Falling down in the middle of roads, that was 2 Fridays ago. Week before that, she ended up at my house. I wasn’t here, I was in Penzance. But my older sister (21, back from uni) had to rescue her in a pub, and bring her back here to vomit and cry. My sister hasn’t seen Skoda for years, but they used to be ballet dancers together.

Of course, this could only be a problem in my head. Maybe I just want to save her in a nice dramatic Dawsons Creek way, I don’t know. After all, if I really wanted to help someone, I should try the alcoholic in the village, because he definitely needs saving. But I don’t want to do that, and nor does anybody else, so they won’t. And he’ll die, there’s no question about that.

The other thing is sex. She’s 16, she can sleep with people, I don’t care. But she does. A lot. She had a boyfriend for 3 months, that was good, that was steady. But that broke up a couple of weeks ago, so she’s single now. I don’t know…obviously she wouldn’t do it if she didn’t enjoy it, and I’m not in any position to tell her what she does and doesn’t enjoy. But I just think, in the long run, she’s going to get so emotionally hurt.

Because she’s gorgeous. Absolutely drop dead gorgeous. And nobody disputes that. It’s not just her figure, it’s the way she moves. Everything about her, her laugh, everything, just makes you want to, in Goatboys words, ‘pole her’. And people will pretend to care about her just so they can touch that body. And at some point she’s going to reach for someone, and they’re not going to be there, not on an emotional level.

Just to note, I’m absolutely and totally in love with my girlfriend, so, although I admit Skoda is fit, there’s not a thought of anything happening between us. Because my girlfriend is the best. Completely and utterly the best.

So this my point, and this is what I want replies to. Other than this helping me sort out how I feel, this being carthetic (is that a word?), I need to know if I should try to do something. Because, in 2 years time, I couldn’t bear to see that she’s still in the state that she’s in. Because I don’t think she’s happy. I don’t think she’s happy at all.
Fri 25/07/03 at 17:09
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Hmmm interesting

Yes, you should talk to your friend.

Unbeliever's story scared me a bit though
Tue 22/07/03 at 13:35
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Well, I saw her for about 5 minutes yesterday. She's going on holiday with her family for three weeks. Which is probably a good thing.
Mon 21/07/03 at 08:46
Regular
"joypadjunkies.com"
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> OK, back to the subject that some of you have replied to. She was at a
> party last night, but I was so stoned I couldn't stand up. Yeah, call
> me a hypocrite, but at least I know what's good for me when I'm wasted
> - I go and lie down somewhere. I don't get myself into trouble.

*****so its ok for you to get stoned but your friend cant get drunk...sounds to me like your made for each other*****

>
> Anyway, so I didn't speak to her. But she is acting like she wants to
> speak to me. By 'speak', I mean proper speak. Personal speak. So, I
> think, I'll invite her to my house at some point in the next week.
> Maybe not just me and her, maybe get a couple more people so it
> doesn't seem in any way like I'm trying to chat her up. Becuase I'm
> not.

*****Admit it your trying t chat her up, you want her big time!*****
>
> Whoever said it: I have talked to my girlfriend about it. I havn't
> said I was going to talk TO Skoda, but we've talked about her.

*****and next you will be telling her its over and i want to be with Skoda*****
>
> I might have, in the initial post, given the impression that the
> alcohol was the problem. I don't think it is. I think it's something
> on a more emotional level that is wrong, the drinking is only a
> symptom of it.

*****Cause alchol is not the problem, shes obviously drinking for some reason, like trying to block out someting...im sure i mentioned it before. Seems to me you have a lot to learn. If you was worried about her that much you would not be wantig our advice you would have tried get her help already. She may just be an attention seeker!!!*****
Sun 20/07/03 at 21:30
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Is her name really Skoda?

Heh, no.
Sun 20/07/03 at 16:13
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Mouldy cheese if you don't know what words mean then how do you know they are insults? "Bint" just means "Woman" and if she drinks herself unconcious then in my eyes she is stupid but I understand if you don't think she is.
Sun 20/07/03 at 16:10
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Is her name really Skoda?
Sun 20/07/03 at 16:08
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
OK, back to the subject that some of you have replied to. She was at a party last night, but I was so stoned I couldn't stand up. Yeah, call me a hypocrite, but at least I know what's good for me when I'm wasted - I go and lie down somewhere. I don't get myself into trouble.

Anyway, so I didn't speak to her. But she is acting like she wants to speak to me. By 'speak', I mean proper speak. Personal speak. So, I think, I'll invite her to my house at some point in the next week. Maybe not just me and her, maybe get a couple more people so it doesn't seem in any way like I'm trying to chat her up. Becuase I'm not.

Whoever said it: I have talked to my girlfriend about it. I havn't said I was going to talk TO Skoda, but we've talked about her.

I might have, in the initial post, given the impression that the alcohol was the problem. I don't think it is. I think it's something on a more emotional level that is wrong, the drinking is only a symptom of it.
Sun 20/07/03 at 15:58
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Oh, and...

Cubist wrote:
How can you tell if someone is
> immature by a comment or two on an internet forum? You don't know that
> person and to jump to those kind of conclusions doesn't exactly make
> it fact.

How can you jump to the conclusion that my friend is a 'stupid bint', then? I don't know what a bint is, but she isn't stupid.

OK. Now lets ignore him.
Sun 20/07/03 at 15:56
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Cubist wrote:

>
> No one deserves to be called a "nob" or other names like
> that however irrational people will say things like that.

Cubist also called my friend: stupid bint.

Let's ignore him. Please, let's all just leave him to say stupid things in the corner and maybe he'll go away.
Sun 20/07/03 at 05:32
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
True, anything that leads to lowered self esteem and drive for life = reduced motivation to survive etc...

If its self inflicted knowingly it makes it even worse

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.