GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Societys outcast."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/07/03 at 00:43
Regular
I've just been looking at a chat show where the host and all the auidence members were having a go at people that are larger than most had revealing clothes on.

Before everyone says "thats digusting" just think about what alot of people (young/old, girl/boy) does, that is to show off their bidy in the best way that they can. Now is this only ever going to be for the thin people among us? Will the fashion designers take even more control over us? While a lot of the American youth are dressing up and vampires, walking around the streets armed to the teeth and so on. Is it really worth worrying about how a few indivuals dress?

Think about this, when ever you and your mates are walking through your local town etc and you see a larger person what do you "god, they're fat ain't they" "what a fat git". Get the picture. Now if you were to replace the word fat with the word black/indian/muslim/christian/irish etc you might just understand how offencesive it can be. You don't pick people out just on skin colour so why do it with there weight?

I belive that the root of the problem is the media. I read the daliy star (yes, i know it rubbish, it's just cheap!) in that if ever a large person is mentioned then out come the pie jokes and the cheap gags. The surpising thing is it is not just the tabloids that have these remarks in them. Ever the style magazine in the times? It is stick thin super models. TV as well compare the celebraties, TV presentors and actors that are thin to the ones that aren't. I think you find that the thinner ones heavily out way the lager ones (no pun intened).

I think that some how we need to stop this obbession we have we our weight. By all means eat healthily as any doctor will tell you but should we all be going for the size 10 look? should we all have ripling muscles? Just think how boring the world might get. As Human being in the last century we have seem to have forgotten what matters most not whats on the outside but whats on the inside.

Thatnks for reading. Please excuse the spelling.
Fri 18/07/03 at 12:06
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Twiddly has a point, but I still consider personality to be important. I could not have a relationship with someone who looked beautiful but was dull/uninteresting/stupid etc Looks fade but personality rarely does, not a true one anyway.
Fri 18/07/03 at 12:05
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Twiddly wrote:
> People don't get sneered and laughed at for being "slightly
> overweight". They get laughed at when they're obese.

Yes, but obesity is different from being 'overweight.'

I don't think anyone denies that being obese is unhealthy. However, I am uncomfortable with the attitude that if a woman is over size 14, she is fat. Surely it is healtier to be size 16 and active than to be constantly yo-yoing between a size 10 and 14 because you are going on these fad diets such as the Atkins diet.
Fri 18/07/03 at 11:58
People don't get sneered and laughed at for being "slightly overweight". They get laughed at when they're obese.

Obese is disgusting.
Obese is unhealthy - life threatening actually
Obese isn't attractive

And as for those people who say "I don't mind obese women, it's personality that counts", well, they say "you don't look at the mantlepiece when you're poking the fire" but it should be noted that you're not going to be playing trivial pursuits either. Looks do count for something, otherwise the world wouldn't be obsessed with pretty faces, athletic women and men carved from "sterner stuff".

I'm not knocking people's personality here, just that it's inevitable that larger peoplewill be mocked because it boils down to sex and sexuality.
Fri 18/07/03 at 11:56
Regular
Cubist, you're a prat.
Fri 18/07/03 at 11:53
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
By we I meant people who are of average weight or less. Not withing the minority group of obiese people in the world...well not quite a minority in America and Britain heh :D
Fri 18/07/03 at 11:49
Regular
Cubist wrote:
> No matter how many times you say "Big is beatifull" it
> doesn't make it true. They are risking their health being that weight,
> they physically can't do many things we can and in extreme cases they
> can't fit into clothes at River Island etc so they are slaves to those
> "other" shops. That's the way the world goes round and major
> businesses aren't going to change for a small minority. **Goes of
> singing "Money Makes The World Go Round" la la la la la**

Crap actually. There are so many things that can impact on your health that being slightly overweight is the least of concern. Do you drive, smoke, drink, take any drugs, cross the road, be around smokers etc ? Tons of things.

I think you forget that some people are naturally larger than others in bone structure.

I'm a tad overweight, but no matter how much I lose my shoulder span will stay the same, hence I need XL size in things like T shirts. Now, I have no problem wearing what I want, simply because 'money makes the world go round' - if someone cannot find what they want they go elsewhere and spend money elsewhere.

I also disagree with your idea of the "we", just who is that ? Thin people ? I assume you really mean thin, non smoking, non drinking, etc thin people ?
Fri 18/07/03 at 11:44
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Cubist wrote:
> they
> can't fit into clothes at River Island

*Falls to knees*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Fri 18/07/03 at 11:36
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
No matter how many times you say "Big is beatifull" it doesn't make it true. They are risking their health being that weight, they physically can't do many things we can and in extreme cases they can't fit into clothes at River Island etc so they are slaves to those "other" shops. That's the way the world goes round and major businesses aren't going to change for a small minority. **Goes of singing "Money Makes The World Go Round" la la la la la**
Fri 18/07/03 at 11:29
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Fat does not neccessarily equal unhealthy.

I personally think that nobody should wear skimpy clothes if they are walking down the High Street or something. Leaving something to the imagination is a lot more classy.
Fri 18/07/03 at 10:44
Regular
"I confused?"
I never meant to compare larger people to a racial group. But the point is that we persecute a groups of people that don't fit in with what in most cases the media has discarded as not normal. Why should we do this to anyone?

There was an event 60 years ago that killed 6 million people and lasted for 6 years. The second world war. The majority killed were jews just because the Germans media and proganda machine not to like them. Now i'm not saying that we are going out to kill fat people, but we put massive mental pressure on everyone to fit in. some time people can't take it and they develop mental illneses. I knew someone that had problems with eating. They are fine now, but how do you think that they felt when ever they flick on the TV and all they see is dieting and thin people. Now i've not nothing wrong with thin people. It's just the fact we all know that this is not a true mix of people.

Ps the peson that said Fat people are digusting when they were clother that show stuff off can speak from only personal preference. As i know for a fact that alot of men and woman would rather go out with a larger person rather than your stick thin super model. I always consider it important to find out someones personility before i would go out with them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.