GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Societys outcast."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/07/03 at 00:43
Regular
I've just been looking at a chat show where the host and all the auidence members were having a go at people that are larger than most had revealing clothes on.

Before everyone says "thats digusting" just think about what alot of people (young/old, girl/boy) does, that is to show off their bidy in the best way that they can. Now is this only ever going to be for the thin people among us? Will the fashion designers take even more control over us? While a lot of the American youth are dressing up and vampires, walking around the streets armed to the teeth and so on. Is it really worth worrying about how a few indivuals dress?

Think about this, when ever you and your mates are walking through your local town etc and you see a larger person what do you "god, they're fat ain't they" "what a fat git". Get the picture. Now if you were to replace the word fat with the word black/indian/muslim/christian/irish etc you might just understand how offencesive it can be. You don't pick people out just on skin colour so why do it with there weight?

I belive that the root of the problem is the media. I read the daliy star (yes, i know it rubbish, it's just cheap!) in that if ever a large person is mentioned then out come the pie jokes and the cheap gags. The surpising thing is it is not just the tabloids that have these remarks in them. Ever the style magazine in the times? It is stick thin super models. TV as well compare the celebraties, TV presentors and actors that are thin to the ones that aren't. I think you find that the thinner ones heavily out way the lager ones (no pun intened).

I think that some how we need to stop this obbession we have we our weight. By all means eat healthily as any doctor will tell you but should we all be going for the size 10 look? should we all have ripling muscles? Just think how boring the world might get. As Human being in the last century we have seem to have forgotten what matters most not whats on the outside but whats on the inside.

Thatnks for reading. Please excuse the spelling.
Sat 19/07/03 at 02:56
Again I have to refer to sagacious one's post (it really is that good):

"But we are sentient and intelligent beings and can often disregard our own compulsions."

This is the very (and only) fact that generates debate and hesitation when we talk about characteristics about a human that we don't like - and that's why racism and insults towards minor (or any) groups will never EVER stop (unless we are all implanted with chips that prevent us from doing so); because when we have to resort to our basic animal/human instincts i.e. aggression, violence whatever, any intelligence is thrown out of consideration.
Sat 19/07/03 at 02:49
Skorp1on wrote:
> Most people are blind when it comes to personality. If you saw a
> really good looking girl/boy, you might go and talk to her/him, even
> if you didn't know her, just to see if she/he had a good personality

That's natural selection for you; just as us humans are programmed to have negative thoughts about overweight, different race, colour, belief to their own, they approach those who are in possession of the characteristics that they desire much more frequently.

After all, you wouldn't join a ballet dancing club even if you hated the very thought of doing it would you? It;s the same principle.
Sat 19/07/03 at 02:45
Blank wrote:

> Interestingly enough, it's proven that women, whilst "on"
> their period prefer more masculine looking men, and while
> "off" it prefer a more feminine look.

That's great for feminine looking men, but this means that they are much less likely to start a family since the women usually cannot get pregnant during their "off" period. I say usually because there has been some research stating that some women do indeed ovulate more than once a month.
Fri 18/07/03 at 22:59
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
Most people are blind when it comes to personality. If you saw a really good looking girl/boy, you might go and talk to her/him, even if you didn't know her, just to see if she/he had a good personality (or, if you have no sense you might just go for looks). But if you saw a girl/boy who wasn't that good looking, would you still go up and talk to them to find out if they had a good personality or not? I don't think most people would. Your right, the media doesn't help it at all, but it might be a combination of different reasons, rather than just the media, which undoubtedly does play a large part in this narrow minded behaviour.
Fri 18/07/03 at 16:21
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
That's where I saw it as well.

I'm thin and have long hair, so I'm right on the money (75% of the time anyway).
Fri 18/07/03 at 16:17
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Blank wrote:

> Interestingly enough, it's proven that women, whilst "on"
> their period prefer more masculine looking men, and while
> "off" it prefer a more feminine look.

Yeah, I saw that on Robert "twitchy moustache" Winston's documentary. Very interesting (and slightly confusing for the men, eh?)
Fri 18/07/03 at 16:06
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
DébUK wrote:
> However, a survey on 'The Wright Stuff' found
> that 80% of female viewers preferred the skinny Quentin Williams to a
> digitally enhanced 'beefcake' version!

Interestingly enough, it's proven that women, whilst "on" their period prefer more masculine looking men, and while "off" it prefer a more feminine look.
Fri 18/07/03 at 15:46
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Icarus wrote:
> Jimmy Duck wrote:
> I thank you for the comments posted in this topic. though i was
> really
> hoping to understand way we undermine theses people so much. What
> make
> then less of a person than the rest of us?
>
> Read the sagacious one's post on how we were biologically programmed
> like that - the stuff he said there was spot on.

As always....so modest too.
Fri 18/07/03 at 15:14
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Icarus wrote:
> This goes for men who are small as well.

Very true. Skinny men suffer just as much as big women. It's all about society's expectations. However, a survey on 'The Wright Stuff' found that 80% of female viewers preferred the skinny Quentin Williams to a digitally enhanced 'beefcake' version!

Ha.
Fri 18/07/03 at 14:44
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Cubist wrote:
> Blank wrote:
> There is no such thing as obiesity.
>
> Whatever now you're just being pedantic catching me out with spelling
> errors.

I would've let it slip if you hadn't used it over and over and over...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.