GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Societys outcast."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/07/03 at 00:43
Regular
I've just been looking at a chat show where the host and all the auidence members were having a go at people that are larger than most had revealing clothes on.

Before everyone says "thats digusting" just think about what alot of people (young/old, girl/boy) does, that is to show off their bidy in the best way that they can. Now is this only ever going to be for the thin people among us? Will the fashion designers take even more control over us? While a lot of the American youth are dressing up and vampires, walking around the streets armed to the teeth and so on. Is it really worth worrying about how a few indivuals dress?

Think about this, when ever you and your mates are walking through your local town etc and you see a larger person what do you "god, they're fat ain't they" "what a fat git". Get the picture. Now if you were to replace the word fat with the word black/indian/muslim/christian/irish etc you might just understand how offencesive it can be. You don't pick people out just on skin colour so why do it with there weight?

I belive that the root of the problem is the media. I read the daliy star (yes, i know it rubbish, it's just cheap!) in that if ever a large person is mentioned then out come the pie jokes and the cheap gags. The surpising thing is it is not just the tabloids that have these remarks in them. Ever the style magazine in the times? It is stick thin super models. TV as well compare the celebraties, TV presentors and actors that are thin to the ones that aren't. I think you find that the thinner ones heavily out way the lager ones (no pun intened).

I think that some how we need to stop this obbession we have we our weight. By all means eat healthily as any doctor will tell you but should we all be going for the size 10 look? should we all have ripling muscles? Just think how boring the world might get. As Human being in the last century we have seem to have forgotten what matters most not whats on the outside but whats on the inside.

Thatnks for reading. Please excuse the spelling.
Fri 18/07/03 at 13:07
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I dont find fat people attractive.
I'm not saying "HAHAHA look at her!!" or saying it's right or wrong.
Just that it doesn't do it for me.
And that's all I care about.
Fri 18/07/03 at 12:58
Regular
"You've upset me"
Practical Magic wrote:
> Cubist, you're a prat.
Fri 18/07/03 at 12:50
"Darth Vader 3442321"
DébUK wrote:

> The trouble is, if a woman is size 20 or so, she feels too embarrased
> to do public exercise.

Yeah like it's impossible to exercise at home, or in a club where everyone is rotund.

Also, if you are bigger, it takes more exercise
> to lose weight and tone up- and of course this is really difficult as
> you are unfit to start off with!

No, walking is a brilliant form of exercise and if you are 20 stone you'll you'll burn more calories walking one mile than if you were 10 stone. Also the "fat burning zone" takes into account weight and heart rate, so a bigger person who isn't that fit, has to make the same (relative) amount of effort as someone who is a different size and level of fitness.

It's a never ending circle unless you
> are REALLY determined.

Correct. Excuses, misconceptions and laziness are the bane of the fatties who want to lose weight.
Fri 18/07/03 at 12:13
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Twiddly wrote:
> The difference betweena size 14 and a size 16 is which shop you buy it
> from anyway.

Very true. I am a size 12-14 but my friends all tell me that I am slim (are they just being kind? lol) I am also 5ft 11 though, so me as a size 14 will be completely different than a girl who is 4ft 11!

> Why? Because there are a lot of girls able to keep below that size to
> go around, and a lot of them do that because they are active and
> exercise, rather than crash dieting, which almost nobody with half a
> brain does anymore.

True. I go to boxercise and aerobics. Exercise and healthy eating is all you need to stay slim (but it is a lot harder for some people than others.)

The trouble is, if a woman is size 20 or so, she feels too embarrased to do public exercise. Also, if you are bigger, it takes more exercise to lose weight and tone up- and of course this is really difficult as you are unfit to start off with! It's a never ending circle unless you are REALLY determined.
Fri 18/07/03 at 12:12
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Jimmy Duck wrote:

"god, they're fat ain't they"

Now if you were to replace the word fat with the word
> black/indian/muslim/christian/irish etc you might just understand how
> offencesive it can be. You don't pick people out just on skin colour
> so why do it with there weight?

People do pick on people because of their skin colour, religion and appearance. Humans are biologically programmed to hate each other's differences; that's why all creature on this planet fight when given the chance to.

Now people can't help what colour they are born as, and to a certain extent that goes for some religions (if you are born in Pakistan you'll be raised as a Moslem). Some people however do chose a religion, they have chosen to align themselves with others of a like mind. This is threatening to others.

Fat people chose to eat too much food. There are no reports of fat POWs after three years of confinement; regardless of their thyroid problems, hormones or big bones. Thus people who are not fat will ridicule people who are, as that helps to maintain their statuts within the non-fat stratum of society. Also human's judge each other by appearance as that's often a good indication of fitness (by this the potential of someone to provide and care for kids, protect their mate etc etc). Thus a 30 stone man is not a long term banker when you want to pick a mate who will live long enough to raise kids with.

The media's obsession is driven by basic human fundamentals (like human's love of violence). Human's predudices are all biological and thus in truth we can't be expected to overcome them as history shows. But we are sentient and intelligent beings and can often disregard our own compulsions.

It just takes more effort to do so and as we all know; humans are lazy cretins.
Fri 18/07/03 at 12:11
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Practical Magic wrote:
> Cubist, you're a prat.

What? America is noted for it's massive amount of obiese people and Britain has the highest amount of obiese people in Europe. Just saying it as it is PM :P
Fri 18/07/03 at 12:10
Practical Magic wrote:
> Twiddly has a point, but I still consider personality to be important.
> I could not have a relationship with someone who looked beautiful but
> was dull/uninteresting/stupid etc Looks fade but personality rarely
> does, not a true one anyway.

Absolutely, I don't mean to imply that ideal women are vacuous and unintersting supermodels.

Well... j/k ;)

Obviously, in terms of a relationship, personality counts, but who cares what political stances and hobbies you have when it's just sex?
Fri 18/07/03 at 12:09
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Practical Magic wrote:
> Twiddly has a point, but I still consider personality to be important.
> I could not have a relationship with someone who looked beautiful but
> was dull/uninteresting/stupid etc Looks fade but personality rarely
> does, not a true one anyway.

True. That stunning supermodel you married at age 20 could have smoked, drank and ate herself into something completely different at 50 years old but if you marry someone who you genuinely get on with, it should last!
Fri 18/07/03 at 12:08
The difference betweena size 14 and a size 16 is which shop you buy it from anyway.

But at that point, it's more about personal preference.

But you should also note that most girls wearing a size 16 will try to make themselves LOOK slimmer than they are.

Why? Because there are a lot of girls able to keep below that size to go around, and a lot of them do that because they are active and exercise, rather than crash dieting, which almost nobody with half a brain does anymore.
Fri 18/07/03 at 12:06
Regular
"Hmmm....."
P.S. Excellent post idea Jimmy Duck :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.