GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"mythilogical creatures- are they real"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/07/03 at 15:52
Regular
Or which ones are real i think sea serpents are real the ones the vikings saw because they look real

i dont think Basilisk is real(He has the head of a rooster, bat wings and the tail of a serpent)

Put which ones you think are real and which ones arn't real.
Sun 20/07/03 at 07:00
Regular
"8==="
Exist.

Kraken
Traffic Wardens
God
Big Bertha
Moomins
Muppets

Don't exist:

MPs resigning to spend more time with their family
Goatgoat
God
Hedfix
The MSN spider
The WOMD boogie man
Ronald Reagan
Fri 18/07/03 at 23:10
Regular
"Not a Jew"
So goatgoat was banned. Danmmmm Gooooood.
Sun 13/07/03 at 16:06
Pokemon...
Sun 13/07/03 at 12:59
Regular
"Proffesional Eejit."
Vampire am winnar
Sun 13/07/03 at 11:45
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Of course many occultists believe that creatures/entities of all kinds and forms can be summoned via the process of magickal evocation.
A fascinating account I've read of such an evocation can be found in "Gems From The Equinox", in which Aleister Crowley describes what happened when he evoked a demon called "Choronzon".
It's probably all a mixture of induced hallucination and intense visualization, but it's one of the most brilliant things I've ever read.
Sun 13/07/03 at 10:20
"possibly impossible"
Vampires don't exist per se. People who believe they are vampires exist, though, drinking blood and generally hanging around at night. America seems to have its fair share of these.

As for other mythological creatures...

Griffins and other hybrid animals were a product of Greek imaginations and were used as a warning for other cultures, as well as a way of securing trade routes.

Most hybrids were either derived from ancient bones that were found by the Greeks and other races, then pieced together, or were used to defend their way of life, explaining that other cultures were 'unholy' compared to theirs. They were also a good way of scaring people who would normally steal goods on trade routes or use these routes to take Greek goods away.

Other mythological beasts stem from tales of heroes, again Greeks being the main creators of these stories. They were used to make the hero look even more heroic when up against these horrific foes, but also as an analogy of the lands the hero was visiting.

Of course, the Greeks weren't the only ones. Buddhism brought its own monsters along, as did the Incas. All of these were used as a warning or a message of some sort. Some of the creatures of Buddhism are derived of chaos and order, others are part of the holy symbols of the religion.

There is much more, but I haven't got time to go through it all now. Maybe a topic for another day if I haven't bored everyone enough already!
Sun 13/07/03 at 09:23
Regular
anyone think vampires are real

vampire - They are the undead who rise from the grave to drink the blood of humans. They are also known as Pey. The victim either dies or becomes a vampire. Believed to be able to take the form of a bat or other animals, or mist. Able to control creatures like rats or wolves and the elements. Have to sleep in coffins or in their grave. Vampires can't cross running water, can't see their reflection in a mirror, can't enter a place uninvited, and can't tolerate the crucifix. Garlic, the crucifix, rowan, and scattering seeds were repellents. It can be killed by cutting off its head, sunlight, or a stake through its heart.

Vrykolakas - He is a vampire that can leave its grave any day except Saturday. He can be killed with fire or lightning.

Pey - A demonic creature that drinks the blood of wounded warriors, a vampire.
Sat 12/07/03 at 23:45
Regular
"Proffesional Eejit."
goatgoat wrote:
> heres wa link where there talking about my nob
>
> http://www.eensyweensy.com/viewnoblessgoat.php?t=182
Sat 12/07/03 at 23:39
Regular
heres wa link where there talking about the blob

http://www.monstrous.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=182
Sat 12/07/03 at 23:31
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Hmmm... I've checked. You don't seem to be on my list.

Delete me and add me again. See if that does anything.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.