GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Evolution what is your view?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/07/03 at 16:47
Regular
i think that God created us!
Fri 11/07/03 at 19:10
Regular
""To the pub...""
There is more likely to be Aliens than God exactly whered he come from ?
Fri 11/07/03 at 19:22
Regular
"8==="
Prepare to be worried.

One theory suggests we are merely cells banding together inorder to survive nothing more nothing less.

Nice thought eh?
Fri 11/07/03 at 19:55
"possibly impossible"
Evolution theory itself might not be so wrong, just the whole idea of 'survival of the fittest' that began life in an age where little was understood and it was believed that a man with heavy eyebrows would automatically be a killer. Trust me, the information given out at the time got weirder. There were huge amounts of research going in to how someone's face governs their moral standings.

Anyway, I still find the whole deliberate engineering thing plausable. There are monkeys and there are men and a huge gap in between, despite the best efforts of scientists to create something that they can use in a cornflakes advert or dodgy hollywood no-brainer movie. Why not another civilisation springing up IN ADDITION to the monkey-men? Why not deliberate meddling from outside forces?

One thing is certain, a closed mind is not the way forward, either from a religious or scientific standpoint. Given enough time and a way of explaining results you can prove pretty much anything given limited understanding. As we go through time we understand more and science changes, but this effect seems to have slowed down of late and established scientists are more likely to go with the current explanations that challenge them. There is a whole 'black-balling' thing going on with any scientist that refutes the current scientific idealogy.
Fri 11/07/03 at 20:05
Regular
evolution is right, religion is wrong

*sets everyone straight*
Fri 11/07/03 at 20:13
Regular
"Selected"
I believe in evolution over creation of man by god.

I'll say the most ignorant thing I've ever said and say that I don't believe we live this life only to be judged how we'll live in the next...
Fri 11/07/03 at 20:14
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Prepare to be worried.
>
> One theory suggests we are merely cells banding together inorder to
> survive nothing more nothing less.
>
> Nice thought eh?

You could say the same thing of society.
With people, not cells. Obviously.
Fri 11/07/03 at 20:16
Regular
"Selected"
Dr Duck wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
> Prepare to be worried.
>
>
> Nice thought eh?
>
>
> You could say the same thing of society.
> With people, not cells. Obviously.

I think thats what he originally meant.
Fri 11/07/03 at 20:29
Regular
This explains perfectly what I feel about evolution and creation. Take the case of the bombardier beetle.

When ever threatened the bombardier shoots out a noxious gas which are at 212 degrees F, out from two tail pipes right into the face of the would be aggressor.

Dr. Hermann Schildknecht, a German chemist, studied the bombardier beetle and learned the beetle makes his explosives by mixing two very dangerous chemicals (hydroquinone and hydrogen peroxide).

This clever little beetle also adds another type of chemical known as an inhibitor. The inhibitor prevents the chemicals from blowing up and enables the beetle to store them indefinitely.

Whenever our little beetle friend is attacked (e.g. by a frog) he squirts the stored chemicals into the two combustion tubes, and at precisely the right moment he adds another chemical (an anti-inhibitor). This knocks out the inhibitor, and a small but violent explosion occurs right in the face of the poor attacker.

Now could this marvellous and complex mechanism have evolved over millions of years? The evolutionist sheepishly responds "yes."

According to evolutionary "thinking" there must have been thousands of generations of beetles improperly mixing these hazardous chemicals in fatal evolutionary experiments, blowing themselves to pieces!

Eventually we are assured, they arrived at the magic formula, but what about the development of the inhibitor?

There is no need to involve the inhibitor unless you already have the two chemicals you are trying to inhibit. On the other hand, if you have the two chemicals, without the inhibitor, it is already too late, for you have just blown yourself up! Obviously, such an arrangement would never arise apart from intelligent foresight and planning. Nevertheless, let's assume that our little beetle friend somehow managed to simultaneously develop the two chemicals along with the all important inhibitor. This solution would be no benefit at all, for it would just sit there as a harmless concoction.

To be of any value to the beetle, the anti-inhibitor must be added to the solution. So, once again, for thousands of generations we are supposed to believe that these poor beetles mixed and stored these chemicals for no particular reason or advantage; until finally, the anti-inhibitor was perfected. Now he is really getting somewhere! With the anti-inhibitor developed he can now blow himself to pieces, frustrating the efforts of the hungry predator! Ah yes, he still needs to evolve the two combustion tubes, and a precision communications and timing network to control and adjust the critical direction and timing of the explosive.

How is anyone going to explain to me that this magnificent little thing came about completely by chance? It's how I feel about all creation. I fail to believe that the wonders around each day, just happened.
Fri 11/07/03 at 21:04
"Mimmargh!"
As Pastor Richards rightly says if you don't have a good credit rating go scr&w yourself, you'll burn in hell.
Fri 11/07/03 at 21:13
Regular
"8==="
mikelar wrote:
> Dr Duck wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
> Prepare to be worried.
>
>
> Nice thought eh?
>
>
> You could say the same thing of society.
> With people, not cells. Obviously.
>
> I think thats what he originally meant.

No I didn't.

I have a similar theory that each cell/atom/quark could somehow be a mini universe. Eat that Matrix!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.