GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Evolution what is your view?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/07/03 at 16:47
Regular
i think that God created us!
Sat 12/07/03 at 18:39
Regular
Dolphins?

I figure that if dolphins had a few more m/billion years to evolve, they could do so peacefully.

Could be wrong though.
Sat 12/07/03 at 17:27
"Mimmargh!"
pb wrote:
> But you're assuming that everyone plays by our rules/morals/ideas.
> Why can't an alien race have no concept of war? What if they invented
> space travel first because they weren't spending time inventing
> weapons? On this planet we tend to create new technology from wars,
> but there are many other factors that push technical limitations.

Well it would be assumed that living things are competing against one another yes? I belive this would have to be universal since all creatures need to survive. Thus our weapons of war are just the result of a natural trait that is to kill or be killed. Therefore any intelligent species would probably be aggressive like us by default since they would have spent millions of years like us as prey until they had the brains to make weapons.

I suppose if such creatures evolved on an isolated island with alomost no predators for millions of years they may have evoloved to be more peaceful or even more co-operative. Though this whole argument only applies if you belive in evolution in the first place.

Hmm...
Sat 12/07/03 at 12:39
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
Have you seen the video of what is apparently a female bigfoot? Think it's a hoax?
Sat 12/07/03 at 12:26
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I can't belieeeeeeeeeve no-one's mentioned Bigfoot!

Also, what if some people evolve upwards and some revert - then we'll have a Beastmaster type scenario with a serious bout of symbiosis. Dibs on keeping the Feral-Snuggly in a sack and throwing him at muscly-men in leather should/when they they attack me. Also, I'll see through Panther-Goatboy's eyes to see what he *really* gets up to at weekends.
Sat 12/07/03 at 12:10
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
What about vivi-section? You against that? If you've seen the pictures i've seen, you would be. I feel like going and blowing the research place up, I suppose it wouldn't really help though, and setting the animals free doesn't work either, with the weird diseases they may have, they could spread a deadly virus to loads of other free animals. There must be another way, there always is.
Sat 12/07/03 at 11:50
"possibly impossible"
It wasn't just the church that held science down, but by no means did they help further education. Just as it took Galileo ages to convince anyone of his ideas, it also took many scientists to convince the world about other ideas, partly because those scientific ideas that are held so dear could not be spoken out against.

Even today many scientists who find conflicting data on any major scientific idealogy find themselves hard pushed to convince anyone to air their views in case research grants are pulled or funding is stopped.
Sat 12/07/03 at 11:43
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
pb wrote:
> Great. God doesn't exist because I can't think beyond the fringes of
> what I already know, and therefore nothing I do not know can be real.
>
>
> Even Science doesn't think like that.

Scientists in the olden days did, but then the Church made people believe their guesses to be fact, such as the Earth is the centre of the universe and the Earth is flat/ square. Even when Galileo asked them to look through a telescope and they saw that they were wrong, they still refused to believe what they had seen.
Sat 12/07/03 at 11:31
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
pb wrote:
> Skorp1on wrote:
> who is to say that
> we are the best? Without technology, we would be very weak, and
> would
> more likely be prey than predator.
>
> But you're assuming that everyone plays by our rules/morals/ideas.
> Why can't an alien race have no concept of war? What if they invented
> space travel first because they weren't spending time inventing
> weapons? On this planet we tend to create new technology from wars,
> but there are many other factors that push technical limitations.

I agree with you, but I was trying to say that if we didn't have our technology, the other inhabitants of planet Earth would take over the role of dominante species, and Humans would be fairly low in the food chain. As for Aliens, I have no idea, maybe they don't have any concept of war. It would explain why UFO's and the like are so technologicaly advanced.
Sat 12/07/03 at 10:13
"possibly impossible"
Great. God doesn't exist because I can't think beyond the fringes of what I already know, and therefore nothing I do not know can be real.

Even Science doesn't think like that.
Fri 11/07/03 at 22:50
Regular
"Proffesional Eejit."
yeah, It was god, hanging with his homies, the sandman, and cuba gooding junior, ALL of which has been proved to be child's stories by me.

ESPECIALLY you, cuba gooding junior.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.