GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Romans and their 'oh so clever' lead piping."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/07/03 at 15:18
Regular
Anyone else noticed how America is headed for some serious internal troubles?

Apparently 50 percent of the countries population cannot afford medical insurance. How long is this going to be tolerated?

How long is the corruption in the government going to go unchallenged?

Basically what i'm saying is the country seems to be eating itself up from within. I predict a lot of violence and unrest in the future.

Basically what i'm saying is however i try to imagine Americas domestic future all I can see is violence.
Fri 11/07/03 at 21:22
Regular
"8==="
Have alook at A-level Philosophy. Basically the history of ideas. It's done in a very history-like way.
Fri 11/07/03 at 21:18
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Protoss wrote:
> Actually I did, though it wasn't ancient History, I just read a lot of
> books and watch a lot of documentaries.

I envy your knowledge. I plan to take history for A level as well. GCSE history is boring as we do about the Cold War. I'd far rather have ancient history like the Romans, Greeks, Vikings etc. Far more interesting!!
Fri 11/07/03 at 21:15
Regular
"8==="
Hedfix wrote:
> Or was it Socrates or Aristotle?
>
> *Is confused*

Might've been Hippocrates.
Fri 11/07/03 at 21:05
"Mimmargh!"
RoJ wrote:
> Protoss, did you take history at A level or something, because you
> know your stuff.

Actually I did, though it wasn't ancient History, I just read a lot of books and watch a lot of documentaries.
Fri 11/07/03 at 21:03
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Protoss, did you take history at A level or something, because you know your stuff.
Fri 11/07/03 at 20:52
"Mimmargh!"
Dr Duck wrote:
> Back to America now?

Nah thats boring now. Lets carry on talking about ancient stuff.
Fri 11/07/03 at 20:51
"Mimmargh!"
Socrates was important in helping his fellow Athenians in divising a battle plan that defeated the Persian fleet of the Emperor Xerxes that was sent against Athens (the cradle of Democracy etc). This was around 480 BC and became known as the battle of Salamis. Anywho if the Persians had of won then all Greece would probably have become a backwater Persian province. Thus maybe no Roman Empire or Industrial Revolution or Democracy may well have been the result. In the short term Athens survived and prospered. Thanks to Socrates in part.

My point though is that despite this Socrates was banished later on because the Athenian Council did not like the teachings of Socrates and found him guilty of corrupting the youth. Guess where he is supposed to have spent his retirement? Why in the Persian Empire of course. LOL.

Remember the lesson; never help your fellow man.
Fri 11/07/03 at 20:35
Regular
"8==="
Dr Duck wrote:
> Back to America now?

Ok. What do you thinks going to happen?

Do you think something like the French revolution'll happen but in America?
Fri 11/07/03 at 20:33
Regular
"8==="
Or was it Socrates or Aristotle?

*Is confused*
Fri 11/07/03 at 20:32
Regular
"8==="
Wasn't Archimedes offered the chance of escape but choose to die because he wanted to support the state?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.