GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Romans and their 'oh so clever' lead piping."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/07/03 at 15:18
Regular
Anyone else noticed how America is headed for some serious internal troubles?

Apparently 50 percent of the countries population cannot afford medical insurance. How long is this going to be tolerated?

How long is the corruption in the government going to go unchallenged?

Basically what i'm saying is the country seems to be eating itself up from within. I predict a lot of violence and unrest in the future.

Basically what i'm saying is however i try to imagine Americas domestic future all I can see is violence.
Fri 11/07/03 at 20:29
Regular
"Not a Jew"
That is true. Our language though, you mustn't forget, has a strong Latin influence in it as well. And the Greeks too were also an astounding race. Their problem was that they killed their most intelligent citizens, for instance Aesop and Archimedes.
Fri 11/07/03 at 20:28
Regular
Back to America now?
Fri 11/07/03 at 20:25
Regular
"8==="
It would be interesting to see how many 'Roman ideas' there were before Greece was integrated into the empire and then compare it to how many 'Roman ideas' surfaced afterwards.....
Fri 11/07/03 at 20:22
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Well said. The Roman empire though is remembered more than the ones you mentioned, although I don't know why.
Fri 11/07/03 at 20:20
"Mimmargh!"
RoJ wrote:
> Just accept the fact that Rome was a magnificent empire.

True, but lets not forget other great empires. What about the Assyrians, the Hittites, Persians, Chinese, or the Babylonians to name but a few?
And lets not forget the Ancient Egyptians.

Also, on the subject of who had the largest empire in history; I belive it used to be the British empire as far as population goes though it was the short lived Mongol empire that was the largest land connected empire; spanning most of China and the Middle-East right into Eastern Europe. And they only stopped their because their leader died. Though it has to be said having the largest empire doesn't make it the best; the Mongols have left no legacy the world has benifited from. In fact they destroyed all the civilization centres and irrigation in the Middle-East for starters; possibly the origins of why the area is relatively poor now.

As far as the Romans were concerned they did indeed 'steal' many Greek ideas but most of their military and administrative ideas were new. Also, while the Romans immiteated the Greek style they came up with many of their own architectural ideas. I won't list examples; you can 'google' for that.
Fri 11/07/03 at 20:07
Regular
lol
Fri 11/07/03 at 20:05
Regular
"8==="
Research = BOSH! Mine! :D
Fri 11/07/03 at 20:04
Regular
Nothing wrong with doing good research :^)
Fri 11/07/03 at 19:58
Regular
"8==="
Histories greatest stealers! :D

ooh! Look at all the lovely Greek ideas......
Fri 11/07/03 at 19:58
Regular
The Roman public health system may not have been perfect, but with the cheap baths and decent water supply and underground sewage system, weren't they better than anyone else at the time. Maybe even the best pre-rennaisance?

Only on the health comparison though.

Seems odd to look at America's public sector health provisions though, for a developed country, and with such a big defence (/attack) budget.
And if you compare to Cuba's impeccable dental health standards...
Then again, that could just be Castro's version of reliable trains. Probably is only token performance legitimacy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.