GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Alien 5..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/07/03 at 10:58
Regular
Taken from comingsoon.net:

"Talking to BBC One, James Cameron said he thought Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines turned out great. He doesn't think the same about Alien 3, however, but he's ready to change all that.

"I couldn't stand Alien 3 - how they could just go in there and kill off all these great characters we introduced in aliens, and the correlation between mother and daughter. It stunk, but hopefully I'll get a chance to rectify all that," Cameron said.

Does this mean he's attached to an Alien 5? "To an extent, yes. We're looking at doing another one. Something similiar to what we did with Aliens. A bunch of great characters, and of course Sigourney. I've even discussed the possibility of putting him [Arnold Schwarzenegger] into the Alien movie".

How about making it an "Alien vs. Terminator" movie?"

Most people's favourite Alien movie is Cameron's one as it's just so bloody great, so having him direct a new one, possibly with Arnie would be one of the best things evah!!
The trouble with the Alien series is that it just went off in a crazy tangent, with all kinds of stupid things happening towards the end of the series. Hopefully *if* this one ever happens it'll do justice to the once excellent series, though knowing how often it is rumoured that James Cameron and Arnie are making films, this might just be more false dreams.
Tue 08/07/03 at 19:30
Regular
Guy Pearce, Brian Blessed, Ah-nuld & Richard E Grant as a squad of marines in Alien 5 would be class.

"THE ALIENS ALIIIVE?! DIVE, MARINEMEN!"

It'd be the best film ever.
Tue 08/07/03 at 18:17
Regular
"That's right!"
Alien 3 was MEANT to be superb. They say the original script is the best unmade film in history. But, as usual in Hollywood, the producers stepped in, and changed everything. THAT is why Alien 3 is pants.
Tue 08/07/03 at 17:33
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Jonathan Nash wrote:
> I fail to see how Alien 3 was "superb"

What was wrong with it? Just because it didn't have lots of big guns, explosions and spaceships.

There were some great characters (Brian Glover and Charles Dance were excellent), some great dialogue and the 'Alien-cam' was superb.

You're just sulking because Arnold Schwarzanegger wasn't in it ...
Tue 08/07/03 at 17:17
Regular
Timmargh wrote:
> Alien = good.
> Aliens = great.
> Alien 3 = superb.

You are insane.
Literally.

I fail to see how Alien 3 was "superb"
Tue 08/07/03 at 17:16
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Alien = good.
Aliens = great.
Alien 3 = superb.
Alien Resurrection = utter b****cks.

Alien 5 shoudn't be made. Terminator 3 shouldn't have been made.

Next thing you know they'll be making another Star Wars movie!

Oh ...
Tue 08/07/03 at 16:49
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Ahnolt should not and could not do "I am Legend" justice at all. Like sagacious said, it's 95% internal fear/pathos/despair.
I dont want to see him standing in the misty morning, smeared in dung with a machine gun being all "Now I haff to keel you doirty vampire, I haff been locked in my house for many, many veeks und now I am angreee"

It needs to be someone like Kevin Spacey, Johnny Depp...an actor that can convey inner feelings without the aid of a knife
Tue 08/07/03 at 16:41
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Totoro wrote:

> I’d still like to see him in I Am Legend, the film that was going to
> be made a few years ago but never happened due to budget constraints I
> think.

I wouldn't. The book focuses on one man's utter depair regarding his situation (being the only human left in a world full of vampires) and thus his pathos needs to be expressed in a convincing manner for the film to work on an emotional level.

Otherwise we'd get Arnie shouting "Damn you all Vampires, I will kill you all, I am angry, at you all. Arnie angry! I'm so very angry, now Arnie sad. I cry like man."
Tue 08/07/03 at 16:06
Regular
"Quuuuiiiiiick"
"Ruuuuuuuunnn"
"Geyt to the chop-par"

YeY Arnold.
Tue 08/07/03 at 11:17
Regular
"That's right!"
Cameron is re-writing True Lies 2 (it had terrorists and planes - not a good mix) but when he's done, I reckon True Lies will be made. Arnie should do Total Recall 2, Conan 3, Alien 5 then the new Terminator.
Tue 08/07/03 at 11:15
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
The only problem is the amount of movies Arnie is rumoured to be making.
Along with his often-rumoured venture into politics, he’s also rumoured to be starring in maybe 2 more Terminator films, possible sequels to Total Recall and True Lies (though I doubt they’ll ever happen), we have him starring in a remake of Westworld, a new Conan film, and the rumoured Crusade.
I’d still like to see him in I Am Legend, the film that was going to be made a few years ago but never happened due to budget constraints I think.

Could he fit Alien 5 into that schedule? Lets hope so.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.