GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Alien 5..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/07/03 at 10:58
Regular
Taken from comingsoon.net:

"Talking to BBC One, James Cameron said he thought Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines turned out great. He doesn't think the same about Alien 3, however, but he's ready to change all that.

"I couldn't stand Alien 3 - how they could just go in there and kill off all these great characters we introduced in aliens, and the correlation between mother and daughter. It stunk, but hopefully I'll get a chance to rectify all that," Cameron said.

Does this mean he's attached to an Alien 5? "To an extent, yes. We're looking at doing another one. Something similiar to what we did with Aliens. A bunch of great characters, and of course Sigourney. I've even discussed the possibility of putting him [Arnold Schwarzenegger] into the Alien movie".

How about making it an "Alien vs. Terminator" movie?"

Most people's favourite Alien movie is Cameron's one as it's just so bloody great, so having him direct a new one, possibly with Arnie would be one of the best things evah!!
The trouble with the Alien series is that it just went off in a crazy tangent, with all kinds of stupid things happening towards the end of the series. Hopefully *if* this one ever happens it'll do justice to the once excellent series, though knowing how often it is rumoured that James Cameron and Arnie are making films, this might just be more false dreams.
Wed 09/07/03 at 15:37
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Skim read the second: not bad at all. The low-tech environment juxtaposed with the hi-tech android (who itself has "low-tech beliefs") etc works well. The influence on the final version filmed is apparent.
Wed 09/07/03 at 15:20
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Just read the first, quite boring really. The Alien is established in the series by now so any mystique surrounding it has evaporated. Therefore the shock element is nullified when it makes an appearance in the lower level cells.

Next script...
Wed 09/07/03 at 14:31
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
It's not very good, I warn you. Ripley isn't in it if I remember.
Read the 2nd one, it's the wooden planet/monks one and rules.
Wed 09/07/03 at 14:27
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Goatboy wrote:
> The sagacious one wrote:
> However what I want to know:
> do you know if the original script appears on the web somewhere? I
> for
> one would love to read it.
> ---
>
> http://www.planetavp.com/amr/scripts/A3Twohy.txt
>
> Ba-da-bing.

Goatboy you are a marvel.
Wed 09/07/03 at 14:17
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
That was the draft everyone thinks is the "best unmade script", it's pretty clumsy.
They then took that script and expanded on the religious iconography and added the wooden planet idea and monks:

http://www.planetavp.com/amr/scripts/Alien3F-W.txt
Wed 09/07/03 at 14:14
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
The sagacious one wrote:
However what I want to know:
> do you know if the original script appears on the web somewhere? I for
> one would love to read it.
---

http://www.planetavp.com/amr/scripts/A3Twohy.txt

Ba-da-bing.
Wed 09/07/03 at 14:12
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The original Alien 3 script is supposedly set on board a spherical ship in space made out of wood and inhabited by monks. Ripley is rescued by them and she does allot of soul searching or something like that, and then there's the alien which is running round eating people. Sounds pants to me, but then I haven't actually read it.
Wed 09/07/03 at 14:02
"Darth Vader 3442321"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Alien 3 was MEANT to be superb. They say the original script is the
> best unmade film in history. But, as usual in Hollywood, the producers
> stepped in, and changed everything. THAT is why Alien 3 is pants.

Alien 3 was great, though they did make a mistake in killing off Newt and Dwain Hicks from the previous film. However what I want to know: do you know if the original script appears on the web somewhere? I for one would love to read it.
Tue 08/07/03 at 21:05
Regular
seen that matrix spoof with justin timberlake and stiffler?
Tue 08/07/03 at 21:03
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Yeah, although you would have to watch out for his copying move.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.