GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Alien 5..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/07/03 at 10:58
Regular
Taken from comingsoon.net:

"Talking to BBC One, James Cameron said he thought Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines turned out great. He doesn't think the same about Alien 3, however, but he's ready to change all that.

"I couldn't stand Alien 3 - how they could just go in there and kill off all these great characters we introduced in aliens, and the correlation between mother and daughter. It stunk, but hopefully I'll get a chance to rectify all that," Cameron said.

Does this mean he's attached to an Alien 5? "To an extent, yes. We're looking at doing another one. Something similiar to what we did with Aliens. A bunch of great characters, and of course Sigourney. I've even discussed the possibility of putting him [Arnold Schwarzenegger] into the Alien movie".

How about making it an "Alien vs. Terminator" movie?"

Most people's favourite Alien movie is Cameron's one as it's just so bloody great, so having him direct a new one, possibly with Arnie would be one of the best things evah!!
The trouble with the Alien series is that it just went off in a crazy tangent, with all kinds of stupid things happening towards the end of the series. Hopefully *if* this one ever happens it'll do justice to the once excellent series, though knowing how often it is rumoured that James Cameron and Arnie are making films, this might just be more false dreams.
Tue 08/07/03 at 21:02
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> Neo would win.
>
> EASY

you're probably right, how about smith instead then. fair fight?
Tue 08/07/03 at 20:59
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Borat Sagdiyev wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> alien vs predator vs terminator vs X-men vs Superman vs Spiderman
>
> Geeks dream.
>
> you forgot batman. I'm not so sure about superman, he'd 'gay it up' a
> bit with his red y-fronts over his blue spandex. I'd like to
> substitute superman with Neo.
>
> (Neo would either have to be able to use his powers outside the
> matrix, or everyone else would have to be plugged in)

Neo would win.

EASY
Tue 08/07/03 at 20:59
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> alien vs predator vs terminator vs X-men vs Superman vs Spiderman
>
> Geeks dream.

you forgot batman. I'm not so sure about superman, he'd 'gay it up' a bit with his red y-fronts over his blue spandex. I'd like to substitute superman with Neo.

(Neo would either have to be able to use his powers outside the matrix, or everyone else would have to be plugged in)

wicked
Tue 08/07/03 at 20:55
Regular
Superman would SO win.
Tue 08/07/03 at 20:53
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Borat Sagdiyev wrote:
> alien vs predator vs terminator
>
> now that would rock the house

alien vs predator vs terminator vs X-men vs Superman vs Spiderman

Geeks dream.
Tue 08/07/03 at 20:51
Regular
alien vs predator vs terminator

now that would rock the house
Tue 08/07/03 at 20:44
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Vice wrote:
> or made martin clunes the terminator

I couldnt help but laugh.
Tue 08/07/03 at 20:42
Regular
"we escape....."
or made martin clunes the terminator
Tue 08/07/03 at 20:28
Regular
If they'd put Brian Blessed & Richard E Grant in T3, it'd be a sure thing.

Blessed as the good Terminator, Grant as the bad Terminator. Excellent.
Tue 08/07/03 at 19:55
"possibly impossible"
hm. I can't understand why, having so much good material in the comics, they didn't use the sources at hand to make both 3 and Resurrection from those. The comics carried on from Aliens in excellent form, so Alien3 was a bit of a let-down in my eyes.

Still, compared to a lot of other modern sci-fi Alien3 is miles above the rest, though it does pale in comparison to the first two.

Still have my doubts about T3 though...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.