GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Alien 5..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/07/03 at 10:58
Regular
Taken from comingsoon.net:

"Talking to BBC One, James Cameron said he thought Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines turned out great. He doesn't think the same about Alien 3, however, but he's ready to change all that.

"I couldn't stand Alien 3 - how they could just go in there and kill off all these great characters we introduced in aliens, and the correlation between mother and daughter. It stunk, but hopefully I'll get a chance to rectify all that," Cameron said.

Does this mean he's attached to an Alien 5? "To an extent, yes. We're looking at doing another one. Something similiar to what we did with Aliens. A bunch of great characters, and of course Sigourney. I've even discussed the possibility of putting him [Arnold Schwarzenegger] into the Alien movie".

How about making it an "Alien vs. Terminator" movie?"

Most people's favourite Alien movie is Cameron's one as it's just so bloody great, so having him direct a new one, possibly with Arnie would be one of the best things evah!!
The trouble with the Alien series is that it just went off in a crazy tangent, with all kinds of stupid things happening towards the end of the series. Hopefully *if* this one ever happens it'll do justice to the once excellent series, though knowing how often it is rumoured that James Cameron and Arnie are making films, this might just be more false dreams.
Tue 08/07/03 at 10:58
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Taken from comingsoon.net:

"Talking to BBC One, James Cameron said he thought Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines turned out great. He doesn't think the same about Alien 3, however, but he's ready to change all that.

"I couldn't stand Alien 3 - how they could just go in there and kill off all these great characters we introduced in aliens, and the correlation between mother and daughter. It stunk, but hopefully I'll get a chance to rectify all that," Cameron said.

Does this mean he's attached to an Alien 5? "To an extent, yes. We're looking at doing another one. Something similiar to what we did with Aliens. A bunch of great characters, and of course Sigourney. I've even discussed the possibility of putting him [Arnold Schwarzenegger] into the Alien movie".

How about making it an "Alien vs. Terminator" movie?"

Most people's favourite Alien movie is Cameron's one as it's just so bloody great, so having him direct a new one, possibly with Arnie would be one of the best things evah!!
The trouble with the Alien series is that it just went off in a crazy tangent, with all kinds of stupid things happening towards the end of the series. Hopefully *if* this one ever happens it'll do justice to the once excellent series, though knowing how often it is rumoured that James Cameron and Arnie are making films, this might just be more false dreams.
Tue 08/07/03 at 10:59
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Even though I know the original Alien was a better film, for some inane reason I enjoy Aliens Special Edition more.
Tue 08/07/03 at 11:03
Regular
"That's right!"
"I've even discussed the possibility of putting him [Arnold Schwarzenegger] into the Alien movie"."

Oh... my... God. That would be THE best casting decision in history.

"Come on, kill me! Come on, do eet now! You damn duuurty alie-an scum!"

I reckon they should do it as a prequel to 4, based either between 2 and 3 or as 3 happens. Cameron said he can't stand Weaver, so I doubt she'll be in it, which means they could do that. Remember when they said they had to wait 17 days or something for the rescue party? What if that rescue party arrives. OK, so the planet was blown up at the end, but they could just say that it was scorched, the planet's in tact and (somehow) there are aliens still on it, or they go onto the ship (the one the marines came in, I think in Alien 3 they ejectected from it because of the fire) and there are aliens on THAT! Arnie leading a squad of marines? Yes please.
Tue 08/07/03 at 11:07
Regular
"That's right!"
Totoro wrote:
of course Sigourney.

------

Hmm, missed that bit. Strange, as Cameron blames HER for wrecking the Alien series. They could easily do it without her, and I'd actually prefer it that way.
Tue 08/07/03 at 11:09
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Me too, leave out Sigourney and put Arnie in there instead. The result would be like Predator but in space and with Aliens and bigger guns.
Tue 08/07/03 at 11:10
Regular
"That's right!"
*drools*

Oh yes...

"Come on, do eet!"

I'm already wetting my pants.

And Cameron giving T3 the thumbs up? Should be good, then!
Tue 08/07/03 at 11:15
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
The only problem is the amount of movies Arnie is rumoured to be making.
Along with his often-rumoured venture into politics, he’s also rumoured to be starring in maybe 2 more Terminator films, possible sequels to Total Recall and True Lies (though I doubt they’ll ever happen), we have him starring in a remake of Westworld, a new Conan film, and the rumoured Crusade.
I’d still like to see him in I Am Legend, the film that was going to be made a few years ago but never happened due to budget constraints I think.

Could he fit Alien 5 into that schedule? Lets hope so.
Tue 08/07/03 at 11:17
Regular
"That's right!"
Cameron is re-writing True Lies 2 (it had terrorists and planes - not a good mix) but when he's done, I reckon True Lies will be made. Arnie should do Total Recall 2, Conan 3, Alien 5 then the new Terminator.
Tue 08/07/03 at 16:06
Regular
"Quuuuiiiiiick"
"Ruuuuuuuunnn"
"Geyt to the chop-par"

YeY Arnold.
Tue 08/07/03 at 16:41
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Totoro wrote:

> I’d still like to see him in I Am Legend, the film that was going to
> be made a few years ago but never happened due to budget constraints I
> think.

I wouldn't. The book focuses on one man's utter depair regarding his situation (being the only human left in a world full of vampires) and thus his pathos needs to be expressed in a convincing manner for the film to work on an emotional level.

Otherwise we'd get Arnie shouting "Damn you all Vampires, I will kill you all, I am angry, at you all. Arnie angry! I'm so very angry, now Arnie sad. I cry like man."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.