GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"US put £25 million price tag on Saddam."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/07/03 at 18:10
Regular
The military authorities in Iraq are offering a $25m reward for information leading to the capture of former president Saddam Hussein.
The top US official in Iraq, Paul Bremer, said $15 million was being offered for similar information about Saddam's two sons, Uday and Qusay.

"I have certainly not forgotten Saddam Hussein and his sons," Mr Bremer said in a message broadcast to the Iraqi people.

"They may or may not still be alive. Until we know for sure, their names will continue to cast a shadow of fear over this country."

The whereabouts of Saddam Hussein has been the source of much speculation since Baghdad fell to US-led forces on 9 April.

The $25m matches the reward the US is offering for information leading to the capture of Osama Bin Laden, the al-Qaeda leader missing since the fall of the Taleban regime in Afghanistan early in 2002.

----------------

So. Now they admit they failed to kill him. Earlier this year they insisted he was dead, now they ask for information on his whereabouts. So the whole war was bungled, and there are still no weapons of mass destruction. A few days ago the most people yet had been killed in the whole war.
Sat 05/07/03 at 19:14
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Practical Magic wrote:
> Blank wrote:
> Oh yeah, and 9/11 can't have happened any earlier BECAUSE IT'S THE
> 11TH OF SEPTEMBER! IT'S NAME IS A DATE FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! > pedantic>
>
> 1) Attacks happened in America.
> 2) Hence, the date is referred to by the American dating system which
> places month number before day number.
> 3) Try again next time groupie.

I haven't a clue what you're going on about now Belldandy. Once again you've taken what was meant to be a light hearted post (hence the pedantic tag on the end - I assumed that would be a big enough bloody hint for you) and gone the overly serious route on a response.

All I was saying is that the 11th of September couldn't have happened earlier, because it is the 11th of September. If it had happened on the 10th of September, it would still not be the 11th of September. Do you understand this basic humour?

One more point; how does this make me a groupie? I made what was intended to be (before you got all stoked up) a humerous comment, which is unrelated to anything Goatboy or anyone else has said. You might want to base your accusations of "GROUPIE!" in a little more fact next time.
Sat 05/07/03 at 17:37
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
I could reply to LL Cool ver T.2d but to be honest I'll summarise so as not to be a total bore; you have no clue what you are talking about other than that which the media, and selected parts of it at that, have fed you.
Sat 05/07/03 at 17:36
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Blank wrote:

1) Attacks happened in America.
2) Hence, the date is referred to by the American dating system which places month number before day number.
3) Try again next time groupie.
Fri 04/07/03 at 23:09
Regular
"bWo > You"
I love this idea of there being 'freedom' in Iraq, and what a freedom it is!

"People of Iraq, you who have been so evilly oppressed by a vile dictator for so many years, we are your Western friends. We believe that a sign of friendship is to remove law and order. Hell, it's not freedom if you can't take your neighbour's stuff!
"And water? When you have American freedom, you don't need any damn water! Besides, what's all that stuff that in your rivers?"

FAR AWAY VOICE: "It's dirty and full of disease!"

"Disease is just another scary word for bacteria! Drink it and be merry. You know what I like about this country? Your resolve! You guys don't need electricity! You can do without it! That's why we knocked it out for a little while!
"Now, to come to some 'nasty' issues. We're not *actually* going to give you guys democracy - we can't risk Islam! No, instead we're going to be extra kind and GIVE YOU LEADERS! You'll vote for people who we think are best for you - you liking this idea, right?"

But I didn't think that the war was bad per se. You see, dictatorships can almost never be good for living standards, at least that's what history has told us. I opposed this war because we, the people of the UK and America, were lied to so very many times. This war was about human rights, then terrorism, then WMD... for God's sake, guys, just tell us it's about regime change, will you? THEN you can tell us how great it'll be without Saddam, which is a much better idea, as you'll have some good points then. There's no need to lie to us, no one's going to stop you now, are they? You've undermined our international law, which is the only thing that keeps some countries in check (although others, Israel, Syria et al still break the rules). Why? To make the law tighter? How's that so? This sorrupt, Zionist neo-con Bush administration (it's true, lads, they are) is parading around, taking over any country they please. And now there's Guantanamo Bay - we'll kill guys whether they're guilty or not! Honestly, as it's been said before, most of the evidence they'll use will not hold up in a civilian court. Talk about stacking up the odds!

When will it all end?
Fri 04/07/03 at 22:27
Regular
"um..."
Blank wrote:
> Ashley wrote:
> what a rip off! George bush could have had beckham for that price!
>
> Who's saying they aren't one and the same?
>
> Kinda puts it in perspective really. Same money for two of the world's
> most wanted as for someone whose entire profession is basically
> trivial.

If every person in Suffolk put in £38 we could buy Beckham for Ipswich and if everyone pays just over a fiver a week we could pay his wages.

seriously though if some Iraqi finds Saddam whats the betting the Americans say " heres $25,000,000-$24,000,000 for immunity in the US plus that'll be $1,000,000 for expenses to get you here.
Fri 04/07/03 at 22:22
Regular
"um..."
Keeping with the subject of weapons of mass destructions on google.com type Weapons of Mass Destruction in the box and click I'm Feeling Lucky that will tell you what to do
Fri 04/07/03 at 21:08
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Ashley wrote:
> what a rip off! George bush could have had beckham for that price!

Who's saying they aren't one and the same?

Kinda puts it in perspective really. Same money for two of the world's most wanted as for someone whose entire profession is basically trivial.
Fri 04/07/03 at 20:55
Regular
what a rip off! George bush could have had beckham for that price!
Fri 04/07/03 at 20:47
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
Blank wrote:

I meant somethin' similar, i.e a nasty attack that kill's lots of people!
Fri 04/07/03 at 20:46
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
What do you mean? If we'd have gone all the way in 91, without Saudi support, which we didn't have, how many fanatics would have been created. After all, it would have been seen as the west being the aggressors, un-lawfully invading an Arab nation and all that. That would have pi$$ed off scores of Middle Easterns. Then, more people would have wanted to hurt the west, thus, bringing about a terrorist attack similar to that of the 9/11 attacks, a lot sooner than they were. That just seem's like common sense to me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.