GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football Transfer Talks"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/07/03 at 16:08
Regular
A place to put all the latest info, facts and rumours surrounding the latest transfers.

So Becks is at Real. Man Utd signed Bellion. Barca want Kewell and could well sell Kluivert to Arsenal to get him.
Inter want Giggs, Man utd are close to getting Ronaldinho but PSG want close to £31 Million for him now.
Thu 03/07/03 at 15:12
Regular
Solskjær wrote:
> Harry Kewell WON'T sign for Liverpool!
>
> What on Earth is there at Anfield that he wouldn't be able to get at
> Man United or Arsénal?!?

Kewell supported Liverpool as a kid so i suppose it would be like a dream come true for him.
Thu 03/07/03 at 16:20
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Eric Djemba-Djemba has signed for Utd for £3.5 mil

Don't you just love his name? :)

A good move by United - signing a couple of decent players with great potential.

All we need now is a big name like Ronaldiniho and a decent right back and roll on next season.

(oh and hello everyone, as you can see - im back!)
Thu 03/07/03 at 23:47
Regular
"Colourless"
Solskjær wrote:
> Harry Kewell WON'T sign for Liverpool!
>
> What on Earth is there at Anfield that he wouldn't be able to get at
> Man United or Arsénal?!?
>
> He's got greater ambition than that! He's the type of player that
> NEEDS regular first-team football in the Champions' League.
>
> And, anyway, it's not like he'd be able to fit into Houllier's plans
> with all those Frogs and waste-of-money foreigners, anyway.

I agree with your comment about "what can he get at anfield that he cant get at highbury or united, BUT....u can't say he wont fit in with the "frogs" at anfield, look at arsenal, they've got just as many, if not more.
Tue 08/07/03 at 04:30
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Kewell HAS been talking to Houlier for around 6 months... i reported this way back in early february... the deal WILL be done tuesday morning (around the time you read this most likely)

Kewell in - Heskey out... thats how its gonna end up in the coming weeks.
Tue 08/07/03 at 09:44
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Actually there was a hitch this morning...

He probably hasn't agreed to the clause in his contract where he has to go around stealing penny sweets off kiddies.

;)
Tue 08/07/03 at 12:06
Regular
"Long time no see!"
If people think Kewell IS going to sign for Liverpool just because he supported them as a youngster, then you should know by now that boy-hood dreams don't always matter as much as you may think in Football when big-money moves to clubs in Europe are on the cards.

Look at Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, for example.
He was always a Liverpool fan as a boy, and look at where he ended up - their biggest rivals, besides Everton.
The temptation was just too-much.

And even recent-mover David Beckham deserves a mention here.
A boy-hood Man United fan who got his dream-move to Old Trafford and would apparently "never leave" the `Theatre of Dreams´...
But, it seems the temptation of even-more money and "guarrenteed" success in Europe - aswell as world-wide - was too much for even him to say no, this time.

And look at Kewell - a player who wants to leave Leeds for a better chance at winning bigger-things (or, at least, SOMETHING!)
Tue 08/07/03 at 12:07
Regular
"Long time no see!"
If people think Kewell IS going to sign for Liverpool just because he supported them as a youngster, then you should know by now that boy-hood dreams don't always matter as much as you may think in Football when big-money moves to clubs in Europe are on the cards.

Look at Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, for example.
He was always a Liverpool fan as a boy, and look at where he ended up - their biggest rivals, besides Everton.
The temptation was just too-much.

And even recent-mover David Beckham deserves a mention here.
A boy-hood Man United fan who got his dream-move to Old Trafford and would apparently "never leave" the `Theatre of Dreams´...
But, it seems the temptation of even-more money and "guarrenteed" success in Europe - aswell as world-wide - was too much for even him to say no, this time.

And look at Kewell - a player who wants to leave Leeds for a better chance at winning bigger-things (or, at least, SOMETHING!), and he's also got some demands for more-money, too.

Can he really get all-that at Liverpool??
Or would he be better-off elsewhere?
Tue 08/07/03 at 16:13
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Solskjær wrote:
> Look at Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, for example.
> He was always a Liverpool fan as a boy, and look at where he ended up
> - their biggest rivals, besides Everton.
> The temptation was just too-much.

You should mean Man United. Are you drunk?
Owen supported Everton, but went to 'Pool. As did Fowler and McManaman.
Thu 10/07/03 at 12:34
Regular
"Long time no see!"
No, Solskjaer WAS a Liverpool fan, as a boy!
I should know! :D
Thu 10/07/03 at 13:54
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Indeed he was

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.