GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Takeshi's Castle"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/06/03 at 13:24
Regular
Anyone who's got cable will find ithard pressed to miss this golden plum on the Challenge TV tree. It's the most sadistic, cruel, humiliating, racists, sexist programme there is - and it's also the funniest thing I've seen for ages. In a nutshell, 100 crazy Japanese nutcases go about hurting themselves in the most degrading fashions imaginable. Picture if you will, riding a giant lizard rodeo whilst trying to hit a giant pink bat with a water pistol. That's one of the games. Lose and you're out forever! The best one is when they have to cross this wobbly bridge whilst they're pelted with rubber cannon balls. This bloke yesterday got hit in the back of the head, which caused his fdace to smack the edge of the bridge and he fell off. Ouch.

They had a kids special (more like "special kids") the other day...except they played the same adult-sized games as the adults. Those crazy Japs.
Fri 11/07/03 at 19:48
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Indeeed.
Fri 11/07/03 at 15:06
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I like the one where they go down the slide in the teacup, only ever seen 1 person not fall out.
Quality program, shows how It's A Knockout should be done
Fri 11/07/03 at 14:15
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea it's quite amusing to see grown people in bird suits but other than that not that funny.

Now Avalance that's a funny game. I couldn't stop laughing for about 5 minutes when the contestant and about 2 guards got rolled all the way back down the hill with about 12 boulders after them. Now that's comedy.
Fri 11/07/03 at 07:24
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
monkey_man wrote:
> Has anyone seen that game where they dress in the bird costume and are
> winched across a pond, whilst simultaneously trying to catch a golden
> egg with their legs? It's as wacky as it sounds, but they only had a
> glimpse of it in the opening credits. It wouldn't surprise me if
> somebody got killed on it...
Yeah, I've seen it. Once. It wasn't that good really.
Fri 11/07/03 at 01:49
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
Been watching it for ages on Sky and still haven't got bored off it.
Thu 10/07/03 at 16:16
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Has anyone seen that game where they dress in the bird costume and are winched across a pond, whilst simultaneously trying to catch a golden egg with their legs? It's as wacky as it sounds, but they only had a glimpse of it in the opening credits. It wouldn't surprise me if somebody got killed on it...
Thu 10/07/03 at 16:07
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
I made a topic about this a few months ago. Damn you to hell! :D

I like Rice Bowl Down Hill :D
Thu 10/07/03 at 16:04
Regular
"Ah the mystic porta"
indeed extremly crazy
Mon 30/06/03 at 23:52
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Starlight wrote:
> I remember seeing something like this a few years back
>
> One game was getting all the contestants to lie down with the seas
> tide going over them, they then get some nose plugs that pull open
> wide the nostrils while the tip of the seas salty water flows right up
> them.
>
> And there were many crazy others involving spiders, scorpions, horses
> and beer.

That was Endurance i think.

And yes there have been some winners on Takeshi but it doesn't seem like they win anything other than the honour of storming the castle. All that pain and no prize. Crazy.
Mon 30/06/03 at 23:17
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I first saw Takeshi's Castle in Spain on German TV. It was hilarious and I didn't expect to see it again. It's good they have brought it over here. I haven't missed an episode yet. It is total crazyness.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.