GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm really, REALLY not bothered about missing Glastonbury."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/06/03 at 12:04
Regular
Suede, REM, David Gray - that would have been my friday ruined.

Radiohead clashing with Super Furry Animals on the Saturday - 2 of my favourite bands ON AT THE SAME TIME GAWAHAWHADMDEMAFEMA!!!

Moby on the Sunday - I'd rather have an enema from a swingball.

And now it's piddling down.
Tue 01/07/03 at 00:15
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
The Scratch Perverts were great, but there wasn't a lot of scratching, funnily enough. It'd have been nice to see some hardcore Prime Cuts stuff, but it was mostly a DJ set with the MC leaping around, pilled up to the eyeballs.

To be honest, I've never even really heard any Idlewild stuff properly, they just strike as being another one of those mediocre Feeder-style bands that do one good single every 3 years and churn out album after album of average stuff. Maybe I'll get into them one day.

And the reason I didn't watch REM (apart from the fact I don't really like them) is that I was too busy being blown away by Primal Scream. Best show of the festival, I reckon.
Tue 01/07/03 at 00:16
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Well, I'm jealous.

I would have seen REM maybe, even though I have more Primal Scream albums and probably bigger fan, doesn't make sense.

Anyway... I saw Swastika Eyes on tv and thought it was great.

Should have seen Manics :P

The Streets... pffft his voice was too
Tue 01/07/03 at 00:23
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Royksopp (okay)

Royksopp are awesome, but i don't suppose the concerts would be exactly lively.
Tue 01/07/03 at 04:12
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Bands I saw:

Mogwai - high on seeing so many famous names playing in the same valley as me and determined to see them all, it took me about six or so songs to realise that guy standing at the front was never going to start singing. Nice music, but as boring as planks to watch.

The Music - fan-bluddy-tastic for the three songs I could stay for until my girlfriend decided she doesn't like moshing and wanted to move back a couple of hundred metres. I got the hump and blew the whole gig out. Shame.

Idlewild - exact opposite from The Music - I was expecting a nice chilled out set (heh) and found myself in the middle of a riot. By this point I was really fooked off, so we went and sat nearby. Shame, as the gig was really good.

Electric 6 - really good performers. Gay bar probably the song of the festival.

REM - not an enormous REM fan, but they were utterly fantastic. Utterly, utterly fantastic. I wouldn't be suprised if Stipe looks back on it as the best gig he's ever done. The show of the festival.

Supergrass - a bit underwhelming, although the blow up doll in the crowd was ace.

Flaming Lips - they were effectively playing to the queue to get in for Radiohead, I'd never heard any of their stuff and some of it was frankly naff, but they put on a really good show. Playing catch with tent-sized balloons is ace!

Radiohead - We managed to get to about 10 rows from the front, and it was outstanding, although somehow not quite as good as I was hoping it would be (Street Spirit and Paranoid Android didn't really hit the mark). In my opinion Lucky was the best song of the set, a right old singalong.

That girl that left Sugababes - sat outside the tent she was playing in, seemed pretty good, was certainly very pleased to be there.

Manic Street Preachers - absolutely bluddy fantastico, only wish I hadn't stood 800 miles away

Moby - is utterly awesome live, and was rolling out the classics
Tue 01/07/03 at 13:51
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I said the Roots were genius.
Tue 01/07/03 at 14:24
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
The sound was terrible in the dance tent, I had to leave the Roots after 15 minutes in tears......

MSN does not work

I got a ticket on Wednesday.
Tue 01/07/03 at 14:25
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
Everyone is just jealous. It is clear.

The burgers are £2.50, you crazy Scot.
Tue 01/07/03 at 14:39
Regular
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> How are they hypocritical? Notice I'm not questioning the 'whiners'
> part of your statement.

--

They sing about how crap life is. I'm sure it's terrible being critically acclaiming & having more money than you know what to do with, and being able to sodding anything they want and still get loved because Creep & PA were hits last decade.
Tue 01/07/03 at 14:42
Regular
Mr Snuggly wrote:
>
> To be honest, I've never even really heard any Idlewild stuff
> properly, they just strike as being another one of those mediocre
> Feeder-style bands that do one good single every 3 years and churn out
> album after album of average stuff. Maybe I'll get into them one
> day.

--

Feeder are generic. Idlewild's first album, 1000 Broken Windows, was OK. Nothing special, apart from Roseability. However, In Remote Part was the best album of last year, I reckon. Get American English, The Remote Part & Live In A Hiding Place. Aboslutely brilliant songs, especially The Remote Part. Seriously, these guys are nothing like Feeder and similiar crapfest bands. Give them a chance.
Tue 01/07/03 at 14:43
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
They can sod anything they want? Oo-er...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.