GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm really, REALLY not bothered about missing Glastonbury."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/06/03 at 12:04
Regular
Suede, REM, David Gray - that would have been my friday ruined.

Radiohead clashing with Super Furry Animals on the Saturday - 2 of my favourite bands ON AT THE SAME TIME GAWAHAWHADMDEMAFEMA!!!

Moby on the Sunday - I'd rather have an enema from a swingball.

And now it's piddling down.
Mon 30/06/03 at 21:39
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Blank wrote:
> Jebus, I don't envy you bud. Some real crap on there.
>
> The Streets? Gimme a break, it's just a guy with a dictaphone for
> Christ's sake.

Yeah? Tell that to the 10,000 people jumping up and down to him last night in the dance tent. It was the nuts.
Mon 30/06/03 at 21:44
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
Glastonbury only has one or two good bands on around a certain area of time. So depending on what time you start to watch it(if you do watch it that is) then your mind would be made up by what is on the tv infront of you. This only goes to people that didn't go to Glastonbury.
Mon 30/06/03 at 22:15
Regular
You didn't see Idlewild, Snuggly? Tut tut.
Mon 30/06/03 at 22:20
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Not much of a rock fest is it. Mostly poncy bands if you ask me.
Mon 30/06/03 at 22:27
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Stryke wrote:
> You didn't see Idlewild, Snuggly? Tut tut.

Nah, they blow. They're Gene for a new generation. And the reason it wasn't a 'rock fest' is because it's not a rock festival per se, although 80's Matchbox and The Libertines were pretty a-rockin'. And we caught a glimpse of The Darkness.

*sniggers*
Mon 30/06/03 at 22:42
Regular
Idlewild rock.

Modern Radiohead are just hypocritical whiners.
Mon 30/06/03 at 23:13
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
How are they hypocritical? Notice I'm not questioning the 'whiners' part of your statement.
Mon 30/06/03 at 23:24
Regular
"Selected"
Did the scratch perverts actually perform? All I saw (on the ultra poor phil jupitus/some woman Glastonbury 'coverage') was them play smells like teen spirit with no mixing/scratching or anything....
Mon 30/06/03 at 23:52
Regular
"not dead"
monkey_man, Suede are great live.

I wasn't a huge fan of them, but when they played the Corn Exchange last year, they were absolutely superb.

I saw Radiohead do Glasto in 97. This set doesn't appear to be much different, though apparently Thom didn't cry because the lights were in his eyes this time.

Snuggly, Idlewild are nothing like Gene. Gene had one good song, For The Dead, though. But most of Gene's songs were about him being gay. Worst offender, "Left Handed" an alergoric song compering left handedness to gayness. I'm left handed, and not at all gay!!1!

Er, what else. The Darkness are growing on me. It's worrying.

I might go in a few years time again.
Mon 30/06/03 at 23:54
Regular
"fake polystyrene ma"
Why didnt you see REM! They were awesome from what i saw on bbc3 and bbc2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.