GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"whats your ten worst bands"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 28/06/03 at 19:26
Regular
There are some bands that make you feel happy.and some bands that make you feel like why the hell am I listing to this tripe.so I'm going to tel you my personal worst.

1)deftones (hate em)
2)Tori amos (hate em too)
3)Powder finger(and em)
4)Hive
5)Propeller heads
5)Monster magnet
6)cher(holy Sh%t how could i forget)
7)jennifer lopez (Hate em)
8)jennifer Love Hewit (both)
9)Snoop dog

there you have it my list of my worst bands (idiots) whatever you want to call them.
Mon 30/06/03 at 16:49
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Worst music?

All R&B rubbish with "homeys" shouting "Yeah, yeah," and waving their hands about like epileptic windowlickers.

Every song in the top ten.

Every boy/girl band to grace the earth.

Anything "nu metal" - whatever that means.

...and Eminem, of course. What a prat.
Mon 30/06/03 at 18:51
Regular
"you've got a beard"
wait and bleed...
any reference to the Slipknot version?? did one band cover the other?

i don't really like slipknot but wait and bleed was alright..
hehe, infact, the 2 songs i liked off that first (major) album were the 2-minute ones with pop song arrangements :)
Mon 30/06/03 at 18:52
Regular
"you've got a beard"
oh, i missed the box above that...
i've had a long day :)
Mon 30/06/03 at 18:53
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Unbeliever wrote:
> Worst music?
>
> Anything "nu metal" - whatever that means.

...so you criticise it, yet you're not sure what it is.

tell me, have you ever considered a career at the Daily Mail? :)

although you're right, nu-metal is cack
Mon 30/06/03 at 19:05
Regular
"8==="
Very_Metal wrote:
>
> although you're right, nu-metal is cack

Limp Bizkit's music is all right. The lyrics are appalling.
Chimera have a half decent album.
Metallica went a bit nu-metal with 'I disappear'
Spineshank are nu-metal, they are good.

Nu-metal is like trip-hop. It's a lazy journalistic term to lump a load of bands together. Any genre that has Limp Bizkit, Spineshank and Chimera in. Is clearly far too wide a genre.

Bands have had a nu-metal sound/approach before nu-metal existed. I would say Deftones, Everclear, Faith No More, RHCP and Rage Against the Machine (cited as a big Limp Bizkit influence).

Nu-mteal is a lazy journalistic term for a lot of different styles. Saying all nu-metal is cack really encompasses far too many different styles, which I doubt you actually think are all cack.
Mon 30/06/03 at 19:22
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
*nods in agreement with Hedfix*
Tue 01/07/03 at 18:49
Regular
"you've got a beard"
to be honest, i think nu-metal stopped being music about 4 years ago and became a fashion instead.

Nu-metal to me ecompasses not only lazy journalism, as you say, but also lazy music making. bands like Everclear and Faith no More are/were superb bands who put a lot of effort into their sound and style. As a result there's a noticable difference between their songs. the whole "image over content" attitude and sound of most nu-metal bands are what puts me off them, it's all baggy trousers, chains, vests and bending over. it's tedious, it's repetitive, it's derivative and it's forced. Total Guitar magazine (i think) had "Linkin Parks top 5 riffs, tabbed!!!" a couple of issues ago and i kid you not, there was not a sing one that didn't involve the same sequesnce of notes and not one of them ventured past the 5th fret... except on the odd power chord. THAT'S lazy songwriting and i just feel if you're being paid an obscene amount of money to do a job most people would kill for, you should at least put some effort in, like their Everclear/F.N.M/Rage predecessors.

happily, Nu-metal was pretty short lived and only a few remnants of total dross remain, a lot of those bands have grown up, refined their sound and have moved out of the all-encompassing generic nu-metal label.. which can only be a good thing!!

but for the record, i did, and still do, think all TRUE nu-metal is cack :)
Tue 01/07/03 at 19:28
Regular
"Couldn't Give a stu"
Hedfix wrote:
>Limp Bizkit's music is all right. The lyrics are appalling

you got that right but i think they rule.probably 1 of the most well known songs from Limp Bizkit Is Nookie (and not the remix,the original).Limp bizkit is my top band.
Tue 01/07/03 at 20:36
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Why do people hate Limp Bizkit for their lyrics? Fred Durst just sings about what he thinks, but some of their songs are a bit daft- I mean what was the point of Hot Dog?
Tue 01/07/03 at 22:23
Regular
"8==="
It'll be interesting to hear how they sound without Wes.

Oh and Nazi I judging by your name I'd thought you'd be more of a 'Romper Stomper soundtrack' person.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.