GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I Have Hulk On DVD"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/06/03 at 19:49
Regular
I haven't watched it yet though, as I've also got Bruce Almighty,which needs watched.

My dad got them while in Thailand, however they are in English, and not jumpy, as I've tested both.

The question to now ponder, is, how can I have Hulk on DVD when it hasn't even premiered yet?

:D
Sun 29/06/03 at 14:26
Regular
"-Lance-Vance-Dance-"
i can get any fake dvds which arent out yet...
Sun 29/06/03 at 15:15
Regular
Can you get me the Dragonball Z movie?

DIDN'T THINK SO
Sun 29/06/03 at 17:10
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
I have in the region of 60. Beat that :D
Sun 29/06/03 at 18:44
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Kiriyama wrote:
> I have in the region of 60. Beat that :D

Roughly 250 legal ones, and around 60 'dubious' ones...
Wed 02/07/03 at 23:51
Regular
"we escape....."
Uggggggggghhhhhhhh...........!!!!!!!! I have just finished watching this film on admittedly poor quality DVD i can safely say it's the worst movie i've seen in a good few years.

Ang Lee has gone about the right way to destroy a classic cult TV show, it's a double blow for me as i love Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. The main problem with Hulk is that it focuses so much on drama that there is practically no action. For the first 90 minutes it's a combination of poor acting, In depth explanation of pointless concepts such as the effects of gamma and a very bad plot which as you'd expect for this type of film is pretty non-existent. This would be ok if this was an action movie but frankly it take 90 minutes for action to occur, and when it does it is extremely mild. If Ang Lee casted Eric Bana as lead role he deserves a slap, the man was awful and his interpretation of anger took the form of a constopated man, they should've just brought back the brilliant Bill Bixby. Nick Nolte was almost laughable at points, while jennifer connolly didn't try hard enough to make me believe she even knew 'Bruce Banner/The Hulk', her attempts at emotion were quite crude at points; hard to believe she was nominated for an oscar. The Animation of the Hulk in my opinion was pretty awful although it some point they got away with it, overall he looked very poor, they tried to be too clever whereas they should just used a real man again, like the original. The Animation was at it's poorest half way through when the hulk broke free from under some rubble, it looked like something i could draw, although meant to be comic book like i understanded i expected more from the animation to add some element of realism. When the action finally arrived i was again very disappointed, nothing extraordinary happened, and stupid FX like the Hulk jumping the distance of ten miles in a single go. Next to the Cameras where they tried to use a mix of Comic Strip cuts with 24 esque views, this really didn't work as it made confused as what was going on where. I think the worst point about the film was that it lasted about 2 hours 15 minutes, and boy did it drag, i was bored after 20 minutes and after that point i scarcely registered what was happening and being sed, i hung in there just on the chance that anything interesting would happen, but little occured. Bixby famous catch phrase was only used once in the whole film too and that was in the last scene, and in a foreign language. Overall a complete waste of time and £5, the film is too slow and takes a long time for anything to happen, it tends to depend on some sort of plot and tries to be a drama, when clearly it was just meant to be an action film. The action that does appear is in small quantity's and is quite dull. to be kind would be to give it 2/10. My advice to you is don't bother, NO REALLY DON'T BOTHER. Go and see X-men 2 instead if you want to see an action film how it's meant to be done.

I had to get that off my cheast from the start of watching that film i just had to inform someone of it's crapness.
Thu 03/07/03 at 00:02
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
So, you thought that Bill Bixby should have been given a leading role, and a big beefy man painted green should have played the Hulk? You know, I believe there's already a TV programme that might take your fancy...
Thu 03/07/03 at 09:11
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Vice wrote:
> Ang Lee has gone about the right way to destroy a classic cult TV
> show, it's a double blow for me as i love Crouching Tiger Hidden
> Dragon.
---

Therein lies the problem.
It's not destroying a classic cult TV show, it's adapting from the original Marvel Comics. The TV show was a poor attempt at neuturing a story about rage, alienation, isolation and being frightened of yourself.
If you've read the Marvel stuff, then you'll realise how close Lee kept the script and ideas.
"Next to the Cameras where they tried to use a mix of Comic Strip cuts with 24 esque views, this really didn't work as it made confused as what was going on where"
Except the framing, editing/wipes are frame-perfect for the original comic style - deliberately taken from the comics for atmosphere and loyalty to a much-loved franchise.

And if you love Ang Lee, you should be familiar with his concurrent themes of alienation, repressed emotions, trance-like behaviour and Kubrick-like distance from his subjects as in The Ice Storm, Eat Drink Man Woman and, yes, even Crouching Tiger.
Or did you like the kung-fu and thought the talky bits were rubbish?

Look, saying you didnt like the movie is all well and good, but if you are unfamiliar with the source material (thinking the movie ruins a "classic tv show") and haven't seen much Lee outside of CTHD, then you aren't going to like it.
It's not a brainless X-Men2 type summer movie, it's Ang Lee applying his usual style and themes to source material that is perfect for his emotional directorial abilities.
Thu 03/07/03 at 09:49
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Vice wrote:
> they should've just brought back the brilliant Bill Bixby.

It would have been a tough task, he's been dead for a few years.
Thu 03/07/03 at 13:21
Regular
"we escape....."
ah that's a shame about bill bixby. Anyway i never read the comics like Goatboy said, but i doubt the majority of people who are going to see the film have. It just dragged out so much i was expecting an action movie as action is what i assosciate with marvel characters, they could have saved time in explaining the background and even that i found a bit sketchy. I just thought i was going to see a movie with some good action, and half decent acting. But there was none of this. This movie will probably do well though as spiderman was a success so people might see this one if they liked spiderman, plus there's gonna be loads of PR too. I guess if i want to experience the hulk i just watch the series or go on the ride in florida.
Thu 03/07/03 at 13:34
Regular
"we escape....."
> And if you love Ang Lee, you should be familiar with his concurrent
> themes of alienation, repressed emotions, trance-like behaviour and
> Kubrick-like distance from his subjects as in The Ice Storm, Eat Drink
> Man Woman and, yes, even Crouching Tiger.
> Or did you like the kung-fu and thought the talky bits were rubbish?

Sorry that's just stupid you can't say that the Hulk was a stroke of genius by Ang Lee as he was able to cast characters unable to show emotion. So how did Crouching tiger show repressed emotions because i remember it being a great mix of drama with two coherent love stories and good 'Kung-Fu' action which showed a more spiritual sense to fighting. Sure there was romance in the Hulk, but the hollow acting made it farcical and anyway in my opinion hulk is meant to be an action movie as it's about a marvel comic book action hero but it was made into a drama. And where did i say i loved Ang Lee? i sed i loved Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.