GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tragic"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/06/03 at 19:55
Regular
Cameroon international Marc-Vivien Foe has died.
The midfielder collapsed during his side's 1-0 Confederations Cup win over Colombia.
It was initially thought he swallowed his tongue, but the former Manchester City and West Ham man tragically died just after the match finished.
Play was held up for six minutes as the stricken player, winning his 62nd cap, was taken to the touchline to receive attention.

A doctor from FIFA confirmed the news at the medical centre of Lyon football club's Stade Gerland shortly after the match.
"The French doctors tried to reanimate him for 45 minutes. During these 45 minutes, we had unfortunately no reaction from the player," Adam Muller said.
He added the cause of death was "not absolutely clear. We prefer (to wait for) an autopsy."
Foe, a Lyon player, scored nine goals in 34 games in a season-long loan at Manchester City last year.
The 28-year-old played for West Ham between 1999 and 2000 and scored eight goals in 64 games for Cameroon, playing in the 2002 World Cup.

NO JOKE THIS IS TRAGIC.
Thu 26/06/03 at 22:52
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I just saw the story, nothing more you can say other then, what a waste.
Thu 26/06/03 at 22:44
Regular
A heart attack. A HEART ATTACK! At 28 years old. It is a huge tragedy for the world of football. I am a spurs fan and i would have loved to see him in a spurs shirt. He was a quality player and will be hugely missed
Thu 26/06/03 at 22:33
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
I was in work when this happened, worked in entertainment so saw it in work.
Pretty shocking
Thu 26/06/03 at 22:26
Regular
"es argh"
Horrifying, just saw the replay, a far away view, he seemed to fall straight over on his face.

Purely horrific
Thu 26/06/03 at 21:58
Watch channel 5, they keep showing it.
Thu 26/06/03 at 21:16
Regular
Phi1, where did you get the video from?
Thu 26/06/03 at 21:10
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
The video of him collapsing is horrible.

Just, like that. Collapsing without any warning.
Thu 26/06/03 at 20:54
Regular
Suspected heart attack :c(
Thu 26/06/03 at 20:17
Regular
"we escape....."
It's such a sad day for football. I am a West Ham fan and was very sad to just hear the news before the confiderations cup other semi-final between France and Turkey which should have been cancelled, Seeing the players from both these nations break down like this was very upsetting. It was good to see though when Henry scored he tributed his goal to Foe. Marc-Vivien Foe still had much of his career left and only 28 years old, he seemed like a nice guy too and was very prolific for man city last season, it's unbelievable that's something like this has happened to someone so young.
Thu 26/06/03 at 20:15
Foe, who spent last season on loan at English club Manchester City from French club Olympique Lyon, was carried off on a stretcher after collapsing 15 minutes from the end of the match, won 1-0 by Cameroon.

A FIFA spokesman said that his heart stopped after he was taken from the pitch. Medical staff tried for 45 minutes to restart his heart, without success.

"This is a very sad day for football for FIFA and for the player's family, this is all we can say at the moment," a FIFA spokesman said.

"Given this situation neither coach Winfried Schaefer of Cameroon or Colombia's Francisco Maturana will be speaking to the media.".

There will be an autopsy to determine the circumstances of his death.

Foe, 28, played more than 60 games for Cameroon and formerly played for West Ham United and RC Lens.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.