GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tragic"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/06/03 at 19:55
Regular
Cameroon international Marc-Vivien Foe has died.
The midfielder collapsed during his side's 1-0 Confederations Cup win over Colombia.
It was initially thought he swallowed his tongue, but the former Manchester City and West Ham man tragically died just after the match finished.
Play was held up for six minutes as the stricken player, winning his 62nd cap, was taken to the touchline to receive attention.

A doctor from FIFA confirmed the news at the medical centre of Lyon football club's Stade Gerland shortly after the match.
"The French doctors tried to reanimate him for 45 minutes. During these 45 minutes, we had unfortunately no reaction from the player," Adam Muller said.
He added the cause of death was "not absolutely clear. We prefer (to wait for) an autopsy."
Foe, a Lyon player, scored nine goals in 34 games in a season-long loan at Manchester City last year.
The 28-year-old played for West Ham between 1999 and 2000 and scored eight goals in 64 games for Cameroon, playing in the 2002 World Cup.

NO JOKE THIS IS TRAGIC.
Fri 27/06/03 at 23:53
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Lindgren wrote:
> Didn't say I can't do it. Said I don't know how to do it. I tried what
> you say and it doesn't work on mine. It's bringing up the
> "Edit" menu.

Bah.

I said AltGr+The Letter.
It's between the Ctrl key and the Windows key at the bottom right.
You must be pressing the Alt key, and not AltGr.
Fri 27/06/03 at 23:51
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
Does anyone know if the final is actually going to be played? or haven't Fifa decided that yet.
Fri 27/06/03 at 23:31
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Azul wrote:
> Whát dó yóú méán
> yóú cán't dó thé
> áccént?
> Hold alt+altGR at the bottom right.

Didn't say I can't do it. Said I don't know how to do it. I tried what you say and it doesn't work on mine. It's bringing up the "Edit" menu.
Fri 27/06/03 at 23:00
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Whát dó yóú méán yóú cán't dó thé áccént?
Hold alt+altGR at the bottom right.
Fri 27/06/03 at 22:57
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
It's tragic news. I think the final should go ahead though, I'm sure he'd want Cameroon to go on and try their best to win. I think it's a bit odd the players all wearing his name and number though. They should be out there as themselves on their shirts in the final, not him. It takes away his uniqueness to an extent doing that. There should only have been one Foe (don't know how to do the accent on the PC over the e) on the pitch in normal circumstances, his absence should be noted, not thrust into the limelight on every player's back.
Fri 27/06/03 at 22:27
Regular
All the Cameroon players will be wearing Foes name and number on their shirts in the final. They are also thinking of re-naming the tournament after him.
Fri 27/06/03 at 19:50
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
As clichéd as it may be, that's probably true.
Fri 27/06/03 at 19:34
Regular
The final should go ahead. It's what he would have wanted.
Fri 27/06/03 at 19:13
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Also, a really nice thing has been done by Man City.

They've, what's the word, 'retired' the number 23 shirt that Foe played in.
There's also talk of the next Confederations Cup being named after him.

About the final, I've suddenly just changed my mind.
Of course, it's going to be extremely hard for both sides to play under the circumstances, but I feel that it will be a momentus occasion, and will be in honour of him.
Fri 27/06/03 at 19:09
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
His family was in the crowd the time that it happened. I think it's 3 kids that he's go, not sure though, may only be 2. They're really young too if I remember. It must have been a terrifying site for the children, and his wife to witness such a horrible event.

It's really a sad loss to the world of football.

Sepp Blatter only found out about it at the beginning of the other semi between France and Turkey, the same time the players found out. It was an extremely sad sight to see these guys standing out on the pitch in tears as they lined up for the anthems. There was a strange kind of significance to the French national anthem as it was played.

To see Foe just collapsing live on the pitch though was quite a sight. It's something you'd never expect.

I feel that the finals shouldn't go on, but the French side really will play their hearts out in memory of Marc. It's strange, he was extremely fit.

Again, it really is a shame.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.