GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tragic"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/06/03 at 19:55
Regular
Cameroon international Marc-Vivien Foe has died.
The midfielder collapsed during his side's 1-0 Confederations Cup win over Colombia.
It was initially thought he swallowed his tongue, but the former Manchester City and West Ham man tragically died just after the match finished.
Play was held up for six minutes as the stricken player, winning his 62nd cap, was taken to the touchline to receive attention.

A doctor from FIFA confirmed the news at the medical centre of Lyon football club's Stade Gerland shortly after the match.
"The French doctors tried to reanimate him for 45 minutes. During these 45 minutes, we had unfortunately no reaction from the player," Adam Muller said.
He added the cause of death was "not absolutely clear. We prefer (to wait for) an autopsy."
Foe, a Lyon player, scored nine goals in 34 games in a season-long loan at Manchester City last year.
The 28-year-old played for West Ham between 1999 and 2000 and scored eight goals in 64 games for Cameroon, playing in the 2002 World Cup.

NO JOKE THIS IS TRAGIC.
Fri 27/06/03 at 18:22
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Foe was a great player. The fact that he died of a heart attack on the pitch makes it tragic. Yes, lots of people die daily, but this is different- he was a great footballer. God knows how he died from a heart attack, at 28. But Billy Bremner died quite young- must be over-exercise, I guess.
Fri 27/06/03 at 15:56
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Pah!

Thousands of people die everyday for different causes. Do you feel for them as well?

I'll admit, it was a harsh way to go, but that's life.
Fri 27/06/03 at 15:16
Regular
"One More Chance"
I feel for his wife and children.
Fri 27/06/03 at 15:15
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Sdrawkcab wrote:
> What does everyone think about the final? Should it go ahead? Should
> it be up to his family?

Did they postpone the 1972 Olympics when the Jewish athletes were killed? I think not. The show must go on.
Fri 27/06/03 at 15:12
The match footage was worse, as they focussed on him all the way out the pitch.
Fri 27/06/03 at 15:10
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Nothing the BBC does now suprises me, they're a sick organisation. This is a very tragic story and they don't even have the courtesy to give it the respect and time it deserves.
I never actually saw the match but i saw the front page of the Sun today and the picture of him lying on the ground with his eyes bulging out, it's a horrible thing to see. My thoughts will be with his family.
Fri 27/06/03 at 14:09
What does everyone think about the final? Should it go ahead? Should it be up to his family?
Fri 27/06/03 at 14:01
He had a two page article on him in the Daily Mail, as well as the back page.
Fri 27/06/03 at 13:27
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
I'm absolutely gutted by this news :(

I read about it first on the teletext at about 10pm last night, and I've been in a depressed state since.

Rest in peace Foe: Gone, but never ever to be forgotten.
Fri 27/06/03 at 11:58
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Never a nice thing to see or hear about.

Man City have retired the number 23 jersey in his honour. A nice mark of respect.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.