GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tragic"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/06/03 at 19:55
Regular
Cameroon international Marc-Vivien Foe has died.
The midfielder collapsed during his side's 1-0 Confederations Cup win over Colombia.
It was initially thought he swallowed his tongue, but the former Manchester City and West Ham man tragically died just after the match finished.
Play was held up for six minutes as the stricken player, winning his 62nd cap, was taken to the touchline to receive attention.

A doctor from FIFA confirmed the news at the medical centre of Lyon football club's Stade Gerland shortly after the match.
"The French doctors tried to reanimate him for 45 minutes. During these 45 minutes, we had unfortunately no reaction from the player," Adam Muller said.
He added the cause of death was "not absolutely clear. We prefer (to wait for) an autopsy."
Foe, a Lyon player, scored nine goals in 34 games in a season-long loan at Manchester City last year.
The 28-year-old played for West Ham between 1999 and 2000 and scored eight goals in 64 games for Cameroon, playing in the 2002 World Cup.

NO JOKE THIS IS TRAGIC.
Tue 01/07/03 at 20:17
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
If they did, then they're probably just unhappy about the tragic death of Foe: I mean, it's out of honour!
Tue 01/07/03 at 12:01
Did anyone notice that when Sepp Blatter presented the trophy, everyone booed him?
Tue 01/07/03 at 11:53
Regular
"Long time no see!"
It's terrible to see such a talented, hard-working footballer go like this, at a time when his country would've needed him most, too.

He may have been a Man City player (:P), but I still have to feel for the loss of such a player - one of Fergie once had his eye-on, too, I believe.

He will be missed - and not just by his native country.
I thought the idea of wearing his shirt was a nice idea. But, perhaps they could've worn those shirts for the entire duration of the game... Even though it would've probably given the commentator's a load of headaches!

Playing the Cup Final was the right idea - but perhaps it was a little too soon? Being the inconsiderate so-and-so's that FIFA are, though, I wasn't too surprised to see them even considering postponing the fixture by even a few days.

It was a nice tribute to Foé, even though they didn't managed to win. They held on well against the former-`World Champions´, and gave it their all, for just one man.

I'll be interested to see the cause of his death, when the doctors finally get the answers from him. They way he just dropped like that... It really makes you think about how easy it can be to be there one-minute, and to then be gone the next...

And, this comes only a month-or-two after the BBC did a documentary of 'Drugs in Football', and how there is a common one doctor's are unable to detect - one that has caused the deaths of several well-know Italian players in the past, also.
Mon 30/06/03 at 22:10
"slightlyshortertagl"

Mon 30/06/03 at 19:52
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
1-0 France. I think Foe wouldn't have been happy to see this loss.
Sun 29/06/03 at 02:13
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Apparently his last words were, spoken at half time, "Even if we die on the pitch, we have to win this semi final".

And Cyclone, the Confederations Cup I think is a tournament for the winners of the different confederations or areas around the world. Ie South America, Africa, Europe, Asia etc. Turkey are apparently a "Wildcard" because Germany wouldn't do it.
Sat 28/06/03 at 16:29
Regular
"thegodfather"
Foe was a good player,unfortunately we never saw the best of him at West Ham,Redknapp never gave him a decent run in the team.

When Keegan took him on loan at Man City last season he was one of their best players,I think it's a great touch that his Cameroon team mates and friends will all wear his name on their shirt's in the final,a nice tribute.
Sat 28/06/03 at 09:52
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
FIFA is letting the final go ahead, because it's what a lot of people want, notably the teams, and people who have tickets for the match.
Sat 28/06/03 at 00:42
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It is of course horrible news. At 28 its unthinkably young.

Somebody I knows step daughter completed several 'challenges' in Australia (swum accross Melbourne harbour etc) and died 3 days later, just like that.

The final should go ahead, and I don't think the tournamnet should be named after him. I know it is a terrible thing, and his family must be distraught, but as somebody said, the show must go on.

And, what the hell is the Confederations Cup? I see it on CM the whole time and never know what it is!
Fri 27/06/03 at 23:54
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Damn.
In my first one, I said Alt+AltGr, which makes no sense whatsoever.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.