GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Muuh, spiders!!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/06/03 at 11:24
Regular
I hate spiders, but the worst thing is going into the bathroom late at night, turning on the light and finding there are loads all around you. Sometimes I wake up and they're squashed in my sheets too. It's like the spiders in my house are all charles Bronson in Deathwish, or something.
Wed 25/06/03 at 17:09
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
The sagacious one wrote:
> I'd leave Spiders alone; it's not like they've ever killed anyone is
> it?

Well...

Anyway. I don't kill them. If they're small I'll get them in a cup or soemthing and put them outside. If they're big I'll scream and get my mum to get rid of it.

I can't believe her though, she goes over to this big fat arsed spider, with blood dripping from it's fangs after it has just eaten some kid down the road and she cups her hands and picks it up.

I hate it.

Urgh.

They better have spider control at Uni or I'm gonna die!

But you shoulnd't kill them. They kill bad things like wasps and flies, which is good.
Wed 25/06/03 at 19:15
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Strange this, I had to deal with a maseeve spider last night. I was just sitting down to a game of Monkey Ball, and I see this thing running over the doormat. Anyway, I watch it as it goes behind the TV (by this point I've stood up....less vulnerable that way), then when it comes out I try to scare it back to where it came from - so it's closer to the door. I get it back there, and it's right next to the door. So I open the door. Does it go out?

Does it hell. Stupid s##t.

It ends up going under some papers, and when I scare it out it runs under the couch. As I'm waiting for it to come out of the other side, it starts climbing the furniture. Now it's a whole new ball game. I try to hit the other side of the arm, but it just runs faster and doesn't fall off. It ends up on top of the settee running around to the other side. When it gets there, it starts to climb down the other arm.

The next bit scared me sh#tless.

It was about a quarter of the way down, and it jumped off onto the floor. That's like me jumping off my house.

So it was lost again, and eventually it turned up near the bathroom door. I told my sister to get an ice cream tub (empty, I wasn't giving the thing a treat) and somehow got it in there. I closed the lid, and threw the tub outside.

See how I used present tense for a sense of immediacy? Ace.

Anyway, I let it out this morning, and it seemed fine. For some reason it had done a bit of a web in there, when there were clearly no flies at all.
Wed 25/06/03 at 20:47
Regular
i think the element of surprise is the spider's deadliest weapon.

i was once watching telly when all of a sudden i spotted a huge-ass spider on the wall just above the skirting board behind my TV. because of it's Jo-Brand sized ass i let out an "ootcha bugg*r!" and quickly pointed out the bloodthirsty spider staring straight into my eyes.
Wed 25/06/03 at 20:49
Regular
Mess wrote:
> Exactly. Did you know the average person eats around eight spiders in
> their sleep throughout their life?

if you mean tiny little cute money-spiders....
Wed 25/06/03 at 20:51
Regular
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Also, up until last year, my bedroom was up in the attic. Think about
> how many spiders are in YOUR attic. I had to deal with that every
> night, heh.

strangely enough, i have NEVER seen a spider in my attic since it was floored. in between all the crap, dust, rubbish and useless items that go up there i have never seen one.
Wed 25/06/03 at 20:53
Regular
"Light of the world"
I don't have a phobia of spiders and I have noticed something indeed worrying!

Spiders plot against those that are scared of them because they know they will be too frightened to kill them...therefore they live in huge swarms at the most vulnerable

i.e. my boyfriends house - his mum has an extreme phobia of spiders and when you see someone this worked up about them it is not a pretty sight! Also my boyfriend has the same phobia - There are always spiders in his house, decent sized ones as well...Everyone I know who has a phobia of spiders seems to encounter them regularly in their homes where as me and people that don't seem to have a problem with them don't (i think)

Although my bf is getting better and can handle 'stomping on them' or 'firing at them with a BB gun' I still think that usually you will find more spiders in the homes of the aracnophobis!
Wed 25/06/03 at 21:41
Regular
theres about six in our bathroom.

We have an agreement. They only mess around on Vicki's toothbrush, and I dont kill them.
Wed 25/06/03 at 22:15
Regular
i don't hate spiders, indeed I respect their ruthless killing ability and 'adapt to anywhere' skills. The idea of having one or more crawling on me (bigger than a money spider) scares the hell out of me though.

I was considering getting a tarantula to 'confront my fear' but am unsure.

its the way they move you see, it's creepy, and they can see you no matter where you are.

theres something not right about that.
Wed 25/06/03 at 22:18
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I still maintain that if spiders realised how much everyone was afeared of them they could rule the world.
Wed 25/06/03 at 23:12
Regular
Blank wrote:
> I still maintain that if spiders realised how much everyone was
> afeared of them they could rule the world.

they do, to quote starship troopers :

"we humans may think we are the pinacle of creation, but arachnids have an evolution that stretches back billions of years"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.