GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Advice Pweese!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 23/06/03 at 21:16
Regular
There's a girl I like. Help me! She's actually the daughter of my dad's mate (heh, I'm a foot in the door :D). Anyway, she laughs at my jokes and the such like and smiles at me. She's also been very sympathetic with the personal problems I've had lately. She called me a "good mate". What do I do from here? I want to fun her.

Note to self: make sure she wears skimpy top again.

:D
Mon 14/07/03 at 07:09
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Superb :D
Wed 25/06/03 at 04:23
"I love yo... lamp."
Goatboy wrote:
> Kiriyama wrote:
> She called me
> a "good mate". What do I do from here?
> ---
>
> You don't go anywhere.
> You are a "good mate". This means she sees you as her male
> confident.
> You will *never* get her. This isn't being mean, these are the rules
> in life.
> The following things mean you will never, ever stand a chance of
> bagging her:
>
> "You're a good mate"
> "You're really sweet"
> "You're really nice, a good person"
> "I think of you like a brother"
> "I feel comfortable with you, I dont feel threatened"
> "I can talk to you like a mate"

Never had to deal with the brother one. All the others I have gotten past at one time or another. My favourite ways are:

#1 Be a hero. Sure you don't know when something bad is going to happen for you to save her, but if the opportunity does present itself, seize it.
#2 Be mister charming. Be the good friend, be kind, be polite, be a gentleman, be generous. All at the one time. If everyone else thinks your brill then jealousy can on occasion come into play. If it does, then she'll want you.
#3 Chat her up. With a completely straight face. If it works excellent. If not, the moment she looks in the slightest uncomfortable, laugh and pretend it was a joke. That will get you of jail 'til you try something else.
#4 Risk everything and tell her straight. Some times it works, some times it doesn't.
#5 Don't listen to me, Im currently single. Although it does get very complicated there.
Wed 25/06/03 at 02:54
What the... Saved by the Bell... Screech? 14 and you thinking of sex... WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO???
Wed 25/06/03 at 00:36
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Kyz22 wrote:
> Be subtle.
>
> When she walks into the room say, "Hey nice ass" and then
> she'll get naked and jump on your... wait, I have watched too many of
> 'those' movies.

LMAO
they really warp your views on social events huh? :)
Tue 24/06/03 at 16:17
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
SHEEPY wrote:

> I'm pretty much useless with the opposite sex and try to use sarcasm

I can see it now:

"Hi, you're weeeeeeeel good looking."
"Sarcastic waaanker" *kick in SHEEPY balls*
Tue 24/06/03 at 16:14
Regular
"Excommunicated"
When I say laid... I mean I don't.
Tue 24/06/03 at 16:14
Regular
"Excommunicated"
And have a mullet

I'm pretty much useless with the opposite sex and try to use sarcasm and humour when I feel umcomfortable. Yet, I'm such a sexy beast I still get laid.

Ahhhh
Tue 24/06/03 at 16:10
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
If you put this into a "Saved By the Bell" context, you are Screech. Although you are generally a nice person, you shall never get the girl of your dreams. However, you can overcome this by dying your hair blonde, slicking it back and tucking your polo shirt into your jean shorts - then you will be Zak and every girl will want you. Don't try and be AC Slater though, you'll just end up wrestling with men.
Tue 24/06/03 at 13:09
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Kyz22 wrote:
So what if it is a runner-up prize, better than nothing.
--

So you fancy Girl A, but instead go for Girl B because A thinks you're "nice"???

Bwahahahahahaha
Sure
Tue 24/06/03 at 13:06
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Goatboy wrote:
> You don't go anywhere.
> You are a "good mate". This means she sees you as her male
> confident.
> You will *never* get her. This isn't being mean, these are the rules
> in life.

No dude, thats not necesarily ture, I speak from past experience. I was 'with' one of my female friends for a good few months (one of my longer relationships).

> The following things mean you will never, ever stand a chance of
> bagging her:
>
> "You're a good mate" - This is a total no go, NEVER try and change this.

> "You're really sweet" - Nope, Goaty is wrong, this is one of the few nice comments the species will give you and it can be taken in a friend
way OR the other way (the good way)

> "You're really nice, a good person" - Again, it can be taken both ways but it is often followed by, 'but I would prefer if we stayed friends'.

> "I think of you like a brother" - Urgh, incest. No no. Stay mates!

> "I feel comfortable with you, I dont feel threatened" - Break this trust, take advantage! TAKE IT! Or, if you are a decent nice person, stay friends and pull one of her mates.

> "I can talk to you like a mate" - Can be both ways, unless you engange in girly chit-chat with her, but they you are most likely interested in boys.

If you think it would be awkward, stay as mates, but if you really like her then try it out, life is too short not to. If she wants it to go no further than mates, dont push her, she will talk to her mates about how sweet you are and you have a good chance of pulling one of them instead. So what if it is a runner-up prize, better than nothing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.