GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Must Have DVD's?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/06/03 at 01:21
Regular
Right, look at your DVD collection. Any good movies?
What I want is suggestions to DVD's that are not only great movies but also have great extras on the DVD.

Please really think about it and don't just name films that are fairly average and you would only really watch once.

Cheers for your suggestions.
Tue 24/06/03 at 16:13
Regular
"AKA 2PacForever306"
Avoid Predator on DVD, trust me it is awful in terms of picture quality and extras, better off buying the vid.
Tue 24/06/03 at 16:09
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
The Hitcher, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Miracle Mile, Benny & Joon
Tue 24/06/03 at 15:59
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Oh, and anything with Jim Carrey in it, also! :)
Tue 24/06/03 at 15:57
Regular
"Long time no see!"
The best DVDs I have are:

The Matrix
Fight Club: Special Edition 2-disc set
The Office: Series 1
The Animatrix

I've also got a special-edition version of Armageddon, but I never really thought the film was quite THAT great.

I've also got these 3 on-the-way:

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Steven Spielberg's A.I. (Artificial Intelligence): Special Edition/2-disc
The Sixth Sense: Special Edition 2-discs

And although I don't have them, I also reckon you should get all-three Die Hard films, the original Predator film, and maybe something like one of the Buffy seasons - seasons 1-5 no more than £39.99 from www.cd-wow.com .
Tue 24/06/03 at 14:50
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
It is one of the very few good films with Leonardo Di Caprio in, and is not simply a story based solely around him getting his shirt off.

I must admit I am a fan of films with history involved, not just "theres a bomb in the building, lets kill some terrorists whilst wearing a white vest" stuff.

I thought the film was excellent and the cast were very good, as was the storyline.
Tue 24/06/03 at 14:45
Regular
Day Lewis was good though.
Tue 24/06/03 at 14:44
Regular
Didn't think much of Gangs.

It was just some poncy love story with a couple of fights, set around the history of New York.

To make it worse I had a crew of giggly girls sitting behind me, everytime Leonard Dicapricorn came on screen you could almost hear them swooning and they just wouldn't stop talking.

3hrs of this, accompanied by a pants film and cinema seats from hell was just not much fun.
Tue 24/06/03 at 14:38
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Just 6 days until Gangs Of New York is out on DVD :-D
Tue 24/06/03 at 13:41
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Or†ega wrote:
> Mystique wrote:
> DIE HARD box set (4 discs)
>
> hah, mine has 6 discs :P

Yep, the American one's much better, it has all 3 films and is a proper trilogy boxset, unlike that rubbish region 2 one.
Tue 24/06/03 at 13:38
Regular
Mystique wrote:
> DIE HARD box set (4 discs)

hah, mine has 6 discs :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.