GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My cat, it gets old now..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/06/03 at 09:59
Regular
One of my cats is getting on a bit. She's a really nice cat, good coat, good temperament. She must be about 12 now, and it's starting to show. She hardly jumps anymore and has to take the stairs one at a time. She did catch a bird the other day though. It's sad when animals get old...
Sat 21/06/03 at 23:55
Regular
"gsybe you!"
My cat Pippin is about 7.

Hes lovely. I often wake up with him lying by my face looking at me.

And he jumps about a lot.
Sat 21/06/03 at 20:39
Regular
"Gtag=NOTORIOUS JCP"
Foreman wrote:
> I've had six cats in total and 2 of them have died at a very young
> age. I had four girls and two toms.
>
> Trixey is the oldest at 6 years, followed by Fluffy (4) Polly (3) and
> Susi (2-3).
>
> Tiger used to be the oldest and should be 9 years old. He got hit by a
> car when he was 5 and we had him put down because he was suffering.
>
> I had two kittens, and named the one after Tiger to find that 8 months
> later he gets killed by a car.
>
> I have now said that I won't be naming anymore cats Tiger.

our cat bagpuss was about a 14 when he got hit by a car killed.
they didnt even bother to stop.
Sat 21/06/03 at 19:35
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I've had six cats in total and 2 of them have died at a very young age. I had four girls and two toms.

Trixey is the oldest at 6 years, followed by Fluffy (4) Polly (3) and Susi (2-3).

Tiger used to be the oldest and should be 9 years old. He got hit by a car when he was 5 and we had him put down because he was suffering.

I had two kittens, and named the one after Tiger to find that 8 months later he gets killed by a car.

I have now said that I won't be naming anymore cats Tiger.
Sat 21/06/03 at 19:26
Regular
"Gtag=NOTORIOUS JCP"
i had to have my dog put down at the age of 15 on 3rd june 1999
still makes me sad just thinking about him.

never had the chance to say good bye, because i was away
Sat 21/06/03 at 19:25
Regular
"Hmmm....."
> If you're an animal lover, it can be a real tough time losing a pet
> who's been around for so long, and it can be difficult to replace
> them.

So true. I lost my 12 year old dog, Holly, two days before my 18th birthday. Probably the worst day of my life, since I couldn't remember her ever NOT being there.

It would have been even worse, but she wasn't herself for the last 3 months of her life since she had a brain tumour. The last week, she was struggling to breathe.

It broke my heart when she looked into my eyes as the vet injected her with the overdose of anasthetic and the pain just seemed to slip away.
Sat 21/06/03 at 18:09
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
It's really bad when you see a neurotic animal. I'll tell you a story if you want...
Sat 21/06/03 at 18:07
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
dw wrote:
> My dog was born a few days away from me.
>
> We grew up together. When we were both 14, she died. For an actual
> fact, she died on 29th June 2002.

Same as me. We got the dog 3 months after me and she died when I was 14. She was a nice dog. I learnt how to walk using that dog. I'd hold onto her as she walked around the house and I'd learn how to walk by it.

Still got 3 dogs now.

One's 14, so she's only got a little time left. One's 7 and a half, she's starting to get old but is always up for a good ruck if you really annoy her. I'll sit there slapping her around the face and she'll try and bite me (proper bite) when she get's really pisssed off!

And we've got the little 'puppy' although she's nearly 2 now. She's still a puppy. Hopefully though, we'll have some puppies from her within a couple of years.

The cat is ~about~ 12. she's rescued so we don't really know. When we first got her she was soooooo scared. She just hid upstairs all day. Now she's come a long way from that. She sleeps with the dogs sometimes (don't be immature!) and she'll come over to anybody now for a 'cuddle.' And she doesn't run away when you get near her anymore!
Sat 21/06/03 at 17:58
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
I don't think I could do that, I wouldn't want t forget about my dog, and if I bought a new one, I think I would probably forget sooner. I won't let that happen.
Sat 21/06/03 at 17:47
"High polygon count"
Some of you will remember me posting here when my cat Buster died.

October 2nd, 2001. Stuck in my head as permanently as my own birthday.

He was about 13, but it wasn't the old age that got him - it was Feline Lymphoma - or cancer.

I still miss him, still haven't replaced him, and still get teary-eyed when I think about him.

If you're an animal lover, it can be a real tough time losing a pet who's been around for so long, and it can be difficult to replace them.

But then there are those who just go out and buy another almost straight away. Personally, I don't see how they do it - but it doesn't mean that they loved their pet any less.

Hope you have several more happy years yet.
Sat 21/06/03 at 15:52
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
I don't think i could leave my dog in a kennel. I would worry about her too much.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.