GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"N64 vrs Playstation"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/02/01 at 13:31
Regular
Which is the best N64 or Playstation?

It has got to be the N64!!!

I leave YOU to choose.
N64 or Graystation?
Mon 28/05/01 at 18:17
Ok, a question... If someone made a console with just one game on it, for £150, but that game was the greatest game ever and you really wanted it. Would you buy it?
Mon 28/05/01 at 17:43
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
I love SSX and Timesplitters but I have an N64. I play on them when I go round to my friends house. It's not thegame console you buy, it's what games they have on it. Well the console has to also be good to have good games.
Mon 28/05/01 at 14:25
Every console has it's own brilliant games.
N64 has Goldeneye, Perect Dark and Mario
PSOne has WWF Smackdown 2 (it's good, despite it's appauling loading times), ISS Evo 1 and 2 and also Crash Bandicoot.
PS2 has Timesplitters, SSX and Tekken.

Just enjoy what all the consoles have to offer and stop with the console wars debates. They are getting a bit annoying now.
Mon 28/05/01 at 13:58
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
I agree. You shouldn't hate a console. You should try them all.
Mon 28/05/01 at 00:38
Jeez, this sort of topic was going on when I was 14 Megadrive -v- Snes. This is pathetic. Why you can't just enjoy your console without abusing others, is beyond me.

Just get on your console, enjoy it, and stop trying to annoy people by it. And for the ones biting, then you play on your consoles. If you say nothing, these topics wont appear.

I rest my case.
Sun 27/05/01 at 23:57
Regular
cool, another CM freak. There are others out there! Anyway just one point, i wouldnt call the pauses on the psx "brief". The games take forever loading! Smackdown2 was the worst. My brother bought it for his psone, but sold it after a few weeks becasue of the fliipin loading before every game.
Sun 27/05/01 at 22:00
To be honest I'm a little tired of hearing the 'Whoose console is best?' war of words.

Each system each has it's own pros and cons.

For example the N64 is cartidged based so there are no noticable load times as apposed to the playstation which does have brief pauses for loading.

While on the other hand, because N64 uses cartridges, it's games are somtimes £20 more expensive than the PS CD based games.

The PS has more games too which is good for choice. however this tends to mean quantity over quality. The N64 however, has less choice but more quality.

Sad fact is the N64 is almost dead while the PS still has a half decent supply of games still comming.

So I guess it's just personal preferance. But to start bad-mouthing one just because you own the other is a bit sad really.

The solution is to just have both like I do :o) Bit expensive to have both but hey! :)

I had the N64 first then got a playstation. And to be honest I hardly play on my N64 anymore. In fact I only play on my PS every now and then because I'm a Championship Manager freak :o)

anyway ... enough ramblings from me :o)

Have fun whichever system you own ... that's what it's all about :)
Sun 27/05/01 at 20:18
bet u couldn't rack up 2000 kills in a 1 hour game could u?
Sat 26/05/01 at 20:01
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
You are wrong residentevilfan. Playstation is not as good as N64. No way. I hate the playstation and i'm not just saying that because I own an N64 because I also own a Dreamcast and N64 is a lot better than that as well (dreamcast is still better than playstation though). In my opinion N64 is the best console out at the moment and although a lot of the games are kiddy they are still great games (mario, banjo-kazzoie/tooie for example). There are loads of non kiddy games as well though like goldeneye, perfect dark and shadowman. Although I say that N64 is the best console out at present I have never played a PS2 although to be honest I don't think it looks that great and again, I'm not just saying that. I do think it will become a great console in the future with class games such as Metal Gear Solid 2 and Gran Turismo 3 coming out but there really aren't enough games out at the moment to make it the best console and for 300 quid it's also too expensive. Anyway by the time MGS2 and GT3 are out the Gamecube will probably be out as well and and no matter how much you say PS2 will be better, I say - NO CHANCE!!! Just wait for Perfect Dark Zero, Wave Race:Blue Storm, Metroid, and Rogue Squadron 2. You may say that they are just sequels to old games but so are MGS 2 and GT3. Anyway they are sequels to already great games. However, I have one doubt about PD Zero and that is that I have no idea how you improve on PERFECTion. Hold on a minute, I thought that about Goldeneye and then Perfect Dark came out. Oh well , I know I can trust rare to come up with something absolutely amazing. Just think of online play with PD Zero.
Anyway, as well as being wrong about the playstation and N64 you are also wrong about Dreamcast. It isn't bad. There are SOME really great games but there just isn't enough of them. Soul Calibur, Shenmue and MSR are the best but i've played all of those to death (with the exception of soul calibur because that just never gets boring). None of the games last as long as the great N64 games (again with the exception of soul calibur).
While i'm here I may as well express my opinions on the how the next generation console war will go. X-Box will just be a PC hooked up to a TV so I'm not going to be getting that. However, having said that, the PC does have some really great games but again, having said that, I already have a PC so why would I want another. In my opinion though it will still sell by the millions because it is made by microsoft, the definition of quality. The PS2 will also sell brilliantly (and already has) but only because of the success of the original playstation. I don't think it's all it's cracked up to be. Then we come to gamecube, the JESUS of them all. I don't think it will sell the most though. In fact I probably think both PS2 and X-Box will outsell it because whenever anybody thinks of Nintendo they immediately think of kiddies games. This is a shame because I think Nintendo and Rare (who only develop for nintendo machines) provide the best and most enjoyable video games around. I know which console I'm getting. I can't wait.

Oh and by the way. This is just a short message to Meeky.
"I would beat you at Perfect Dark any day!!! Bring It!!!"
Sat 26/05/01 at 11:48
Well done Dan_uk at least someones smart enough to see sence i'm really don't know why i'm writing this but it gets my word count up which is good but anyway i shall just keep this ridiclous argument up with Ant (well i haven't seen him 4 ages) and residentevilfan who really shouldn't be saying the PSX is better than the n64 because he has to get a game cube to play his little Resident evil game he he well that proves the resident evil developers think GC is better than PS2

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.