GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who will buy an X-Box???"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/02/01 at 15:58
Regular
Im curious as to how many people have already decided to buy an X-Box. Can you keep your answers brief, like "yes" or "no" and then a quick explanation, I dont really want people going into details like the pipelinig architecture of the X-Box RISC CPU etc etc.

I'll start: I will buy one. Possibly not on day of release, it depends on the price.

Ingsy
Fri 22/06/01 at 10:34
YES
I will buy one it will kick the crap out of the PS2, After all has Microsoft ever really failed with anything?
Fri 22/06/01 at 14:29
Regular
"Back For Good"
NO WAY, It may have alot more polagons or whatever but it has an awful frame rate,jumps,crashes and needs a brand new Coffee table from MFI to support it's weight. i think the xbox is just a PC with joystick support and video out that'll play all new PC releases but underneath it all, It's just an excuse to get Bill gates and all his geeky chums into E3. and at £300 whoa nelly who's gona buy that when you can get a PS2 with a hard drive or a Gamcube for half the price.
Fri 22/06/01 at 14:41
Regular
"accidental superher"
Ö=ResŒvilfan=Ö wrote:
> NO WAY, It may have alot more polagons or whatever but it has an
> awful frame rate,jumps,crashes and needs a brand new Coffee table
> from MFI to support it's weight. i think the xbox is just a PC with
> joystick support and video out that'll play all new PC releases but
> underneath it all, It's just an excuse to get Bill gates and all his
> geeky chums into E3. and at £300 whoa nelly who's gona buy
> that when you can get a PS2 with a hard drive or a Gamcube for half
> the price.

awful frame rates...haven;t anything about that....
crashes...haven't heard anything about that.....
don't exaggerate the weight please
actually i think you'll find it isn't just a pc with joystick support....as many of the releases won't be going to the PC....duh
well the x box will already have a hard drive with it (i don't know how big but frankly you don't need a hard drive bigger than 15 GB at most)....
Fri 22/06/01 at 19:29
Regular
"Back For Good"
well the x box will already have a hard drive with it (i
> don't know how big but frankly you don't need a hard drive bigger
> than 15 GB at most)....

yeah true, The PS2 is soon to get a 40gb hard drive and I've heard there bringing a bigger and better model out each year,Isn't 40 wopping gigs enough?? thats fine for me thanks.
Fri 22/06/01 at 19:31
Regular
"Back For Good"
awful frame
> rates...haven;t anything about that....
crashes...haven't heard
> anything about that.....
don't exaggerate the weight
> please
actually i think you'll find it isn't just a pc with
> joystick support....as many of the releases won't be going to the
> PC....duh

duh?, mmm well if your just listening to microsoft then your probably not going to hear about it's bad parts are you? no just like with every console. All you have to do is look at programmes like cybernet and bits and read reviews to get the overall picture
Sat 23/06/01 at 15:05
Regular
"accidental superher"
ok firstly you frankly don't need that big a hard drive, and having it that big just increases the cost....

somehow i just have a feeling that there won't be any of this frame rate problem...i mean where did you find this info or did you just make it up yourself...

if it did have that sort of problem developers wouldn't want to be producing for it....duh..
Sun 01/07/01 at 01:19
I'm definately buyin one (and I'll get a gamecube too!). For a start they've pinched some of the best software houses and designers around (been waitin too long for HALO), and they've got an evil empire like MS behind them to give them all the cash they needed for dervelopment.

And give up on the "windows is crap" stuff, it ain't so bad considering everyone in the world has a different machine - diff. hardware,software,plugins, the lot! It does pretty well considering it wasn't tailor made for each. If I stuck you in someone elses house for the first time, not only do you not know where the bathroom is, chances are your butt would be too fat to fit on the toilet seat.
Tue 03/07/01 at 19:20
You wrote:

And give up on the "windows is crap" stuff, it ain't so bad considering everyone
in the world has a different machine - diff. hardware,software,plugins, the lot! It
does pretty well considering it wasn't tailor made for each.

In Reply...

A fair point however the more you mess about with the PC the more you realise that the compatability problems with hardware etc.. is all dealt with by the BIOS. Windows doesnt do anything that impressive except take up resources that should be available for application software.
Thu 05/07/01 at 17:27
Regular
I wish i could afford a PS2 a 'Cube and an X, but i can't. I think i'll go where Sega gives the most 3rd party support, which seems to rule out the PS2.
Thu 05/07/01 at 20:28
Regular
"I'M BACK"
i will buy an Xbox
who wont its absolutly amazing!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.