GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who will buy an X-Box???"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/02/01 at 15:58
Regular
Im curious as to how many people have already decided to buy an X-Box. Can you keep your answers brief, like "yes" or "no" and then a quick explanation, I dont really want people going into details like the pipelinig architecture of the X-Box RISC CPU etc etc.

I'll start: I will buy one. Possibly not on day of release, it depends on the price.

Ingsy
Wed 09/05/01 at 00:29
Regular
"Back For Good"
READ THIS MESSAGE

The X box is microsoft that says it all.look at windows it's full of "this program has performed an illegal operation" (bugs) and is not very good but everyone likes it because it's now the only one.The cheeky B**tards have nicked some playstation 2 games and will just keep producing the naff box because they can afford too.it's going to be awful i recommend a dreamcast for £99 a Ps2 which has bad titles but the near future looks very bright or for kids a gamecube but never EVER SUPPORT MICORSOFT.

only PC fans will buy the x box because they live in a different planet called the internet and don't know anything about console gaming
Wed 09/05/01 at 18:51
residentevilfan wrote:
never EVER
> SUPPORT MICROSOFT.

Yeah, because I don't want Bill Gates to get any more money.

(this is the 400th post in the Xbox forum!)
Wed 13/06/01 at 15:33
Yes - Got mine pre-ordered.

Because :

I get the feeling the PS2 is going to go the same way as the Dreamcast. It's games are easily pirated and these games are too easy to get hold of.

I also believe the X-Box has the most to offer the hardcore gamer.

Not sure about the Cube, might get one for my son for Xmas. Nintendo have a way with certain types of games that he likes to play.

In conclusion : A big YES,
Sat 16/06/01 at 13:36
"I love yo... lamp."
I'll buy an X-box.True I am a Pc owner but I also own a N64 Sega etc.In fact I even have my old Spectrum.Anyway whats your excuse?I bet that you own a PC too coz you posted a message which means that you're online.The X-box will make Microsoft a loss in production costs.Hardware costs more to make than it sells for so if you hate Microsoft that much buy an X-box but don't buy any games.I also recommend that everyone owns a DC but the Ps2 is just a waste of money.The GC is a Nintendo which means that it will have good games.The X-box will definitly will have good games for definite though.And only idiots who don't know anything about computers get illegal operation messages.The only othet reason is other people using your PC.My own Pc which I only use doesn't get illegal operations although the other one, the one that other people are allowed to use does occasionally get illegal operations but I can nearly always carry on as normal.So Reidenteveil fan, my verdict is that you are just stupid if you make unfounded comments about the X-box.Buy one and the best games on it and you will enjoy yourself I guarantee that if your normal.
Bigles

residentevilfan wrote:
> READ THIS MESSAGE

The X box is microsoft that says it all.look at
> windows it's full of "this program has performed an illegal
> operation" (bugs) and is not very good but everyone likes it
> because it's now the only one.The cheeky B**tards have nicked some
> playstation 2 games and will just keep producing the naff box
> because they can afford too.it's going to be awful i recommend a
> dreamcast for £99 a Ps2 which has bad titles but the near
> future looks very bright or for kids a gamecube but never EVER
> SUPPORT MICORSOFT.

only PC fans will buy the x box because they
> live in a different planet called the internet and don't know
> anything about console gaming
Sat 16/06/01 at 13:39
"I love yo... lamp."
Sorry about the last message not being brief.The X-box will be a great console so I will buy one.
Biggles
Sun 17/06/01 at 10:34
No
It wont fit in my house and it is not very good.
Sun 17/06/01 at 16:10
Regular
"accidental superher"
Ben - PS2 Addict! wrote:
> No
It wont fit in my house and it is not very good.

well you house must be really really small then (do people call cardboard boxes houses??)
and how do you know it is not very good....
Sun 17/06/01 at 20:41
well you house must be really really small then
> (do people call cardboard boxes houses??)
and how do you know it is
> not very good....

No it was an exaggeration but it is still huge, way too big for a videogame console and I know it isn't good because the range of games at E3 was very poor and the PS2 and GC had much better showings. Also, did u hear about the xbox's announcement where they were showing off the "power" and the console crashed? hummmm.........
Mon 18/06/01 at 14:31
Regular
"accidental superher"
No it was an exaggeration but it is still huge, way
> too big for a videogame console and I know it isn't good because the
> range of games at E3 was very poor and the PS2 and GC had much
> better showings. Also, did u hear about the xbox's announcement
> where they were showing off the "power" and the console
> crashed? hummmm.........

i still disagree with you about the games...there are loadsa good ones that will be coming out on the x box...and most of the good games that are out/will be going to the ps2 will also come to the x box....

fair enough the machine is quite big...but frankly i don't care about the looks and size that much....i mean when you are playing a game, are looking at the screen or the actual console....

ps2 and gc both look really good too but i'm just saying don't underestimate the x box
Mon 18/06/01 at 19:28
No I wont buy an Xbox

I love management sims (hang on thats the only genre I play) and no console has got good enought AI for good management sims!

Seeya!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.