GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Confused..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/06/03 at 22:45
Regular
Do you ever get the feeling that your real self, who you actually are, is held back because you get into a certain way of life, and daren't change how you are, or who you are ?

That's kind of what I'm wondering about recently. My room is filled with things I supposedly like - comics, books, figures, consoles and tons of stuff from over the years. I'm wondering how much of it I really do like, and what is just still here because I'm afraid to abandon things, to change.

On the wall by the side of my bed a large American flag hangs, covering part of the wall. Recently part of me wonders why that is still there, what it stands for now... whether it is something I still want to hang there.

There's just loads of things like that, things I have I wonder why I still have them, why I even bought them in the first place, it's like part of me doesn't want to let go of something I used to like, or in some cases, believe in.

As most of you may know, as Belldandy, I had some pretty strong beliefs in certain things, but beliefs are tested and recently my belief in them has susided in many cases, but as you've maybe seen, I still slip back to them every so often. It's like I've changed my mind but daren't commit to something new for some mystifying reason.

I'll be amazed if any of this makes any sense to anyone, I'm a little confused right now about some things.
Tue 10/06/03 at 23:14
Regular
"we escape....."
Lindgren wrote:
>
> I agree with this. People change. It's a part of maturing. I think
> deep down we all know what our real self is like. A lot of just choose
> not to share it with everyone else. Maybe what we believe people
> expect from us has a lot to do with that.

Yeah certainly, i think that whenever people are alone that's the best time they can realise who their true self is. I also feel it would take a lot of deep thought to find your true self and i doubt it's a question that will ever be answered for many of us.
Tue 10/06/03 at 23:14
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Borat Sagdiyev wrote:
> those two sentences are a bit of a paradox to me. what have you been
> swigging tonight? :D

Yeah, I noticed it when I posted it. I meant that I know what he means, but my hair thing is just an irrelevant side note. Err.....yeah.
Tue 10/06/03 at 23:21
Regular
"cachoo"
SHEEPY wrote:
> And why do you have an American flag on your wall?

Heh, one of my wall's in painted with the American flag.. looks nice..
Tue 10/06/03 at 23:24
Regular
.. Never in any house have i seen a english flag ..
Tue 10/06/03 at 23:26
Regular
I wouldn't worry about it. Every so often and I find that something isn't me and chuck it in the bottom of the warddrobe, and in the process find some old things I do feel a connection with and bring them back out.

You'd probably be surprised to know that my personality in real life is practically an opposite to how I behave on the internet.
Tue 10/06/03 at 23:26
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I have the Irish flag hanging out my bedroom window. Kind of a thing everyone in the area does for the football matches. We're playing Georgia tomorrow.
Tue 10/06/03 at 23:28
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Whitestripes wrote:
> You'd probably be surprised to know that my personality in real life
> is practically an opposite to how I behave on the internet.

Same here. I'm a very quiet person outside the internet, don't express opinions much at all.

But here the whole non-face-to-face environment I feel brings out the best, and sometimes worst, in me.
Tue 10/06/03 at 23:34
Regular
Lindgren wrote:
> Whitestripes wrote:
> You'd probably be surprised to know that my personality in real life
> is practically an opposite to how I behave on the internet.
>
> Same here. I'm a very quiet person outside the internet, don't express
> opinions much at all.
>
> But here the whole non-face-to-face environment I feel brings out the
> best, and sometimes worst, in me.

You sound like me but when i was younger I'm more confident nowadays plus having a good heart helps so when i want to express something i will.
But sometimes i feel so low i can't be bothered to try talking at all.
Tue 10/06/03 at 23:37
Regular
Yeah.

The chances of me confronting someone or starting a heated argument outside of the internet is about 5%.

It's one extreme to the other :\
Tue 10/06/03 at 23:38
Regular
yeah, I used to be introverted, but recently my confidence has increased, and this morning I threw a guy down a flight of stairs ..... err

*note to self, SR users know too much*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.