GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Confused..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/06/03 at 22:45
Regular
Do you ever get the feeling that your real self, who you actually are, is held back because you get into a certain way of life, and daren't change how you are, or who you are ?

That's kind of what I'm wondering about recently. My room is filled with things I supposedly like - comics, books, figures, consoles and tons of stuff from over the years. I'm wondering how much of it I really do like, and what is just still here because I'm afraid to abandon things, to change.

On the wall by the side of my bed a large American flag hangs, covering part of the wall. Recently part of me wonders why that is still there, what it stands for now... whether it is something I still want to hang there.

There's just loads of things like that, things I have I wonder why I still have them, why I even bought them in the first place, it's like part of me doesn't want to let go of something I used to like, or in some cases, believe in.

As most of you may know, as Belldandy, I had some pretty strong beliefs in certain things, but beliefs are tested and recently my belief in them has susided in many cases, but as you've maybe seen, I still slip back to them every so often. It's like I've changed my mind but daren't commit to something new for some mystifying reason.

I'll be amazed if any of this makes any sense to anyone, I'm a little confused right now about some things.
Tue 10/06/03 at 22:45
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Do you ever get the feeling that your real self, who you actually are, is held back because you get into a certain way of life, and daren't change how you are, or who you are ?

That's kind of what I'm wondering about recently. My room is filled with things I supposedly like - comics, books, figures, consoles and tons of stuff from over the years. I'm wondering how much of it I really do like, and what is just still here because I'm afraid to abandon things, to change.

On the wall by the side of my bed a large American flag hangs, covering part of the wall. Recently part of me wonders why that is still there, what it stands for now... whether it is something I still want to hang there.

There's just loads of things like that, things I have I wonder why I still have them, why I even bought them in the first place, it's like part of me doesn't want to let go of something I used to like, or in some cases, believe in.

As most of you may know, as Belldandy, I had some pretty strong beliefs in certain things, but beliefs are tested and recently my belief in them has susided in many cases, but as you've maybe seen, I still slip back to them every so often. It's like I've changed my mind but daren't commit to something new for some mystifying reason.

I'll be amazed if any of this makes any sense to anyone, I'm a little confused right now about some things.
Tue 10/06/03 at 22:47
Regular
"Proffesional Eejit."
belldandy!
Tue 10/06/03 at 22:49
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
It makes sense to me. I discovered a while ago that I had a potentially life-threatening illness and it made me re-assess myself and my life. I had a good cleanout of my room because I felt the stuff in it wasn't part of me anymore, it wasn't what I was about. Practically everything went out, I repainted and it felt like starting again.
Tue 10/06/03 at 22:54
Regular
yeah I know what you mean PM, when I moved out of my parents I threw away a lot of my old stuff. at first it felt like a bad thing to do, but I learnt that it's more important to get on with your life, and a change is good for the soul. ironically I am back at my parents now, but my lifestyle has certainly changed a lot since I originally moved out.

keep the things that ARE really important though, such as things that are linked to important memories
Tue 10/06/03 at 22:55
Regular
"we escape....."
But surely your real self is a person trying to look for a new way of life, so isn't it just a constant charade of changing your disguise instead of finding your true self. Therefore surely your true self is your original state. Although i do agree that i am unaware of my true self, but that's a question that we will forever ask ourselves, as humans most of us are never fully satisfied with life. Well that's my outlook anyway, although it probably just confused you even more.
Tue 10/06/03 at 23:01
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I know what you mean 'Dandy. I was thinking something similar about my hair today, although I know that's not really what you mean.
Tue 10/06/03 at 23:01
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Vice wrote:
> But surely your real self is a person trying to look for a new way of
> life, so isn't it just a constant charade of changing your disguise
> instead of finding your true self.

I agree with this. People change. It's a part of maturing. I think deep down we all know what our real self is like. A lot of just choose not to share it with everyone else. Maybe what we believe people expect from us has a lot to do with that.
Tue 10/06/03 at 23:04
Regular
Blank wrote:
> I know what you mean 'Dandy. I was thinking something similar about my
> hair today, although I know that's not really what you mean.

those two sentences are a bit of a paradox to me. what have you been swigging tonight? :D
Tue 10/06/03 at 23:09
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I usually 'tidy' my room once a year and only real keep things I like or for sentimental calue.
Tue 10/06/03 at 23:11
Regular
"Excommunicated"
And why do you have an American flag on your wall?

Are you American?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.