GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Balls to you, Sky!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/06/03 at 20:56
Regular
So, some joker in programming at Sky has decided to move Alias to Sky One Mix as of next week.

What a way to lose half the audience!

A cracking show, just getting really interesting, and they move it to a backwater channel.

Great if you have Sky Digital, no use at all if you get Sky through cable.

I was going to buy the DVDs anyway when they're released, but now I have to wait for the Season 2 discs to see the rest of the series.

Obviously done to increase viewers for what is essentially a repeats channel, but a Very Bad Move in my opinion. There's no way in hell I'm switching to Sky Digital from NTL - we have TV, broadband and telephone from NTL, AND I can record terrestrial TV while watching Sky without needing to fork out an extortionate amound for Sky+ or a second installation (same thing as far as I know!)

So balls to you, Sky - and expect an e-mail of complaint very soon.
Thu 19/06/03 at 19:01
Regular
HMm, I don't watch it, but, I will say, is Sky One Mix is crap. Everyone with Sky Digital in my area is getting a crappy low quality signal, which makes most channels jump every 10 seconds. Sky One Mix is the worst of them all.

But, I can see Sky's logic behind this, I mean, SKY One is a Sky channel, so, why should they let it be shown on an unnofficial receiver?
Thu 19/06/03 at 20:34
Regular
"Wobble"
maddmun wrote:
> But, I can see Sky's logic behind this, I mean, SKY One is a Sky
> channel, so, why should they let it be shown on an unnofficial
> receiver?

That makes no sense. If they don't want non-Sky subscribers to view it, why sell them the rights to show it in the first place?

Companies like NTL don't get to show Sky One for free, you know - they do have to pay Sky for the rights.
Thu 19/06/03 at 20:46
Regular
Chemical Brother wrote:
> maddmun wrote:
> But, I can see Sky's logic behind this, I mean, SKY One is a Sky
> channel, so, why should they let it be shown on an unnofficial
> receiver?
>
> That makes no sense. If they don't want non-Sky subscribers to view
> it, why sell them the rights to show it in the first place?
>
> Companies like NTL don't get to show Sky One for free, you know - they
> do have to pay Sky for the rights.

YOu think I don't know this?

What companies like Sky do however is analyse when their channels are watched the most and take action accordingly.

They see that Alias is watched by many people and move it to an exclusive channel to get more subscribers, as subscribers bring in more money.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.