GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Balls to you, Sky!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/06/03 at 20:56
Regular
So, some joker in programming at Sky has decided to move Alias to Sky One Mix as of next week.

What a way to lose half the audience!

A cracking show, just getting really interesting, and they move it to a backwater channel.

Great if you have Sky Digital, no use at all if you get Sky through cable.

I was going to buy the DVDs anyway when they're released, but now I have to wait for the Season 2 discs to see the rest of the series.

Obviously done to increase viewers for what is essentially a repeats channel, but a Very Bad Move in my opinion. There's no way in hell I'm switching to Sky Digital from NTL - we have TV, broadband and telephone from NTL, AND I can record terrestrial TV while watching Sky without needing to fork out an extortionate amound for Sky+ or a second installation (same thing as far as I know!)

So balls to you, Sky - and expect an e-mail of complaint very soon.
Tue 10/06/03 at 20:56
Regular
"Wobble"
So, some joker in programming at Sky has decided to move Alias to Sky One Mix as of next week.

What a way to lose half the audience!

A cracking show, just getting really interesting, and they move it to a backwater channel.

Great if you have Sky Digital, no use at all if you get Sky through cable.

I was going to buy the DVDs anyway when they're released, but now I have to wait for the Season 2 discs to see the rest of the series.

Obviously done to increase viewers for what is essentially a repeats channel, but a Very Bad Move in my opinion. There's no way in hell I'm switching to Sky Digital from NTL - we have TV, broadband and telephone from NTL, AND I can record terrestrial TV while watching Sky without needing to fork out an extortionate amound for Sky+ or a second installation (same thing as far as I know!)

So balls to you, Sky - and expect an e-mail of complaint very soon.
Tue 10/06/03 at 21:02
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
But if you're not a Sky Digital Customer then they won't care what your letter of complaint is ? If you could get all the channels on every network then there'd be no point in competing networks exisiting.

If you want all Sky has, then get Sky. Otherwise moaning is like me writing to Nintendo to complain I can't play a Vice City PS2 disc on the Gamecube i.e. stupid.
Tue 10/06/03 at 21:04
Regular
i can see your point, but it would invoke more emotion in me if the program in question wasn't mass produced garbage, like 99% of sky ones 'shows' at the moment.

the simpsons is the only thing watch on that channel
Tue 10/06/03 at 21:30
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
www.google.com

Search for bittorrent, and use it to download Alias episodes.
Tue 10/06/03 at 21:39
Regular
"Wobble"
Practical Magic wrote:
> But if you're not a Sky Digital Customer then they won't care what
> your letter of complaint is ? If you could get all the channels on
> every network then there'd be no point in competing networks
> exisiting.

Ordinarily I would agree, but what I find out of order is that they are moving it mid-series. If they'd started it on Sky Mix, fair enough. But they've shown all of S1 one and half of S2 on Sky One. Now they suddenly want to move it.

Last I knew, a few months ago when a friend subscribed, there's a month or so waiting time for Sky Digital anyway - so even if I did decide to switch (which I'm not) chances are I still couldn't get it in time anyway!
Tue 10/06/03 at 21:39
Regular
"Wobble"
El Blokey wrote:
> www.google.com
>
> Search for bittorrent, and use it to download Alias episodes.

Thanks, I think I will!
Tue 10/06/03 at 21:42
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
I think everyone can condone piracy under these circumstances.

Damn Sky.
Tue 10/06/03 at 22:48
Regular
"I'm Great."
Why Sky, WHY? Is there any point in the move? Mid series and they move it. Will they be showing it on Sky later in the week though? Well atleast I can get a friend to tape it for me/
Tue 10/06/03 at 23:27
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Think its being shown on Sky 1 on a Saturday. So you will still be able to see it, but 5 days later.
Tue 10/06/03 at 23:38
Regular
"I'm Great."
Thanks adrian. Will it be in place of Buffy on saturdays as that would make sense?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.