GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hah! Suck on this, Universal!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/06/03 at 17:16
Regular
It appears that some smart alec at Universal has leaked The Hulk onto the net two weeks before it's even released in AMERICA. Quite amazed to be honest, downloading the 800MB VCD (great quality) off of BT now :)

*Waits for someone to tell him that Universal didn't make the film* :D
Tue 10/06/03 at 21:03
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
It's not really free, it takes time. Honestly for me, the rare occasions I do do it is so I don't have to endure the crappy cinema.
Tue 10/06/03 at 20:49
Regular
"Festivus!"
'Practical Magic' failed to mention that it is free, and that is probably the main reason.
Tue 10/06/03 at 20:45
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Do you EVER go to the cinema to watch movies? All I ever see you talk
> about is downloading films. Why would you wanna see some nasty
> version on your PC anyway, when you can wait two weeks and see it on a
> 20ft high cinema screen like it was supposed to be shown?

Here's how I'd answer that;

1) The Cinema in town is nicknamed "The Flea Pit"

2) Every time I have ever gone to the further away Showcase or UCI there is either kids messing around, morons on mobiles, generally someone interupting or being annoying.

3) If you do venture out to the cinema it's either bus fare, or parking fee, adding further cost to seeing the film.

4) You have to sit through about 20 minutes of trailers for stuff you don't give a toss about, because it's not enough that you've paid like £7 and bought overpriced junk food, oh no, you then have to watch a pile of stupid adverts because they know you're going nowhere.

5) Most Internet copies are not nasty, as you put it, if you know where to get them or someone who does. All the ones I've seen are minimum retail VHS quality and most border on DVD quality with no flaws. That means for little to no expense I can watch a movie, in my own home, uninterupted by general morons, and then if it good I will buy it on DVD. It's easy to burn them to CD/DVD yourself as well, and watch on a DVD player on a bigger screen. 32 Inches of screen suits me fine.

Now, if the film companies had any brains they'd release more films straight to DVD, or on pay per view, until then expect the Internet to continue being a source of films for many many more people. Cinema's suck.
Tue 10/06/03 at 20:31
Regular
"we escape....."
Memorandum wrote:
> Neither Jim Carrey or that other guy are in Dumb & Dumberer.

He does have a name! Jeffs Daniels. He was in arachnaphobia geez. Anyway i heard Bruce Almighty is hilarious, can't wait to see it, looks great.
Tue 10/06/03 at 20:27
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I saw a brief trailor(sp) and I was wondering how they got them to look so young, so now I know. They look really similar though.
Tue 10/06/03 at 20:25
Regular
No, its two ney guys, supposed to be the high school years.

I think its going to be crap, based on what I saw of the trailer - basically, I think it will ruin memories of what to me is a classic comedy. Carrey didn't want to return, I think because the Farrelly brothers aren't directing, or they couldn't afford his salary demands or something.
Tue 10/06/03 at 20:24
Regular
"8==="
They have to justify the cost of broadband somehow. :)
Tue 10/06/03 at 20:24
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Neither Jim Carrey or that other guy are in Dumb & Dumberer.
Tue 10/06/03 at 20:21
Regular
"Excommunicated"
He has no friends

haw haw

See Dumb and Dumberer is it Jim Carry and the other guy? Somebody told me it wasn't.
Tue 10/06/03 at 20:15
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Do you EVER go to the cinema to watch movies? All I ever see you talk about is downloading films. Why would you wanna see some nasty version on your PC anyway, when you can wait two weeks and see it on a 20ft high cinema screen like it was supposed to be shown?

I don't get that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.