GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hah! Suck on this, Universal!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/06/03 at 17:16
Regular
It appears that some smart alec at Universal has leaked The Hulk onto the net two weeks before it's even released in AMERICA. Quite amazed to be honest, downloading the 800MB VCD (great quality) off of BT now :)

*Waits for someone to tell him that Universal didn't make the film* :D
Tue 10/06/03 at 23:24
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Practical Magic wrote:
> 5) Most Internet copies are not nasty, as you put it, if you know
> where to get them or someone who does. All the ones I've seen are
> minimum retail VHS quality and most border on DVD quality with no
> flaws. That means for little to no expense I can watch a movie, in my
> own home, uninterupted by general morons, and then if it good I will
> buy it on DVD. It's easy to burn them to CD/DVD yourself as well, and
> watch on a DVD player on a bigger screen. 32 Inches of screen suits me
> fine.
>
> Now, if the film companies had any brains they'd release more films
> straight to DVD, or on pay per view, until then expect the Internet to
> continue being a source of films for many many more people. Cinema's
> suck.

There are alot of bad internet copies around. Once a film is first released then the cam versions are bad. They have bad audio and picture. A few days after release you start seeing copies with direct audio and better picture. The best copies are found when some one gets hold of a proper DVD copy either by a screen used for giving to award judges etc, or by having a early version of the retail copy.

I think that with the improvements in broadband film companies should offer a pay service in getting films. They could charge monthly or by downloads. They could offer films in various sizes so people on slower connections dont have to spend a day getting the best quality. I dont think it would even harm the cinemas as even though you have all the copies on the internet alot of people still go to the cinema. This way people who want to actually watch the film at home instead of a cinema can, and the movie company wouldnt lose money. Maybe even if they put some sort of encryption to try and limit the files to be burnt only once and copies only working on the computer that downloaded them.
Tue 10/06/03 at 23:17
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Kiriyama wrote:
> Quite amazed to be honest, downloading the 800MB VCD (great quality)

Should be 1.3Gb. Also not great quality, as you can tell its a VHS copy. As its a workprint of the film there are lots of sound effects missing as well as SFX not finished. See Hulks shorts disappear, as well as the bad helicopter crash thats looks very fake, also you see a un finished rendered version of the Hulk.
Tue 10/06/03 at 23:09
Regular
"oaps.org"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> I'd never download them before seeing them
> at the pictures. Maybe it's just me.

look you is staff and you can't be seen to condone piracy can you?

maybe thats why you appear to have a problem with those who don't have a such high morals hmmmmm?
Tue 10/06/03 at 22:38
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
You don't necessarily have to watch it on a monitor...
Tue 10/06/03 at 22:30
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
How about not take her to the cinema ?
Tue 10/06/03 at 21:32
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Plus what would you rather do:

A. Take a girl to the cinema.
B. Sit and watch a computer screen with her.
Tue 10/06/03 at 21:29
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Pyon wrote:
> 'Dude where's Jim Carrey'?
>
> What the hell?

"Dumb And Dumberer" which I can see being a Dude Where's My Car-esque movie which is lacking Jim Carrey hence the title "Dude Where's Jim Carrey". Meh.
Tue 10/06/03 at 21:24
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Practical Magic wrote:

> Now, if the film companies had any brains they'd release more films
> straight to DVD.

Rather than make more money from releasing them at the cinema AND on DVD? That's never gonna happen. And surely everyone's used to overpriced food and mewling brats at cinemas these days? It's all part of the experience, surely.

Cinema pros far outweight the cons for me I'm afraid. For films like the Hulk, Matrix, T3 etc. I'd never download them before seeing them at the pictures. Maybe it's just me.
Tue 10/06/03 at 21:14
Regular
"Festivus!"
'Dude where's Jim Carrey'?

What the hell?
Tue 10/06/03 at 21:11
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
"Dude Where's Jim Carrey" will probably be awful but I still want to see that along with Anger Management and Bruce Almighty. June is a good month for comedy at the cinema.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.