GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hah! Suck on this, Universal!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/06/03 at 17:16
Regular
It appears that some smart alec at Universal has leaked The Hulk onto the net two weeks before it's even released in AMERICA. Quite amazed to be honest, downloading the 800MB VCD (great quality) off of BT now :)

*Waits for someone to tell him that Universal didn't make the film* :D
Wed 11/06/03 at 16:32
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Hedfix wrote:
> They have to justify the cost of broadband somehow. :)

Indeed :D
Wed 11/06/03 at 16:31
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
SHEEPY wrote:
> He has no friends
>
> haw haw

Bah I do, but I'm impatient and I have ADSL, so when I put the two together, I can get The Hulk. And I'll go see it when it comes out anyway...
>
> See Dumb and Dumberer is it Jim Carry and the other guy? Somebody
> told me it wasn't.

No, foo' - it's totally new people - Eric Christian Olsen and Derek Richardson, in fact.
Wed 11/06/03 at 16:28
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Do you EVER go to the cinema to watch movies? All I ever see you talk
> about is downloading films. Why would you wanna see some nasty
> version on your PC anyway, when you can wait two weeks and see it on a
> 20ft high cinema screen like it was supposed to be shown?
>
> I don't get that.

Not nasty, pretty decent, actually. And any films I download that ARE decent, I do go see them. In fact, I've been to see the Matrix three times at the cinema and have seen the pirate ONCE :)
Wed 11/06/03 at 15:49
"I love yo... lamp."
The cinema is much better. It is the way films were meant to be seen. Sure some cinemas are dumps, but in Glasgow we have the UGC, the worlds tallest cinema, and the Odeon in the city centre, another newer Odeon on the Quay, a UCI in Clydebank in the west and a Showcase and another UGC in the east.

With all of them being good, comfortable cinemas, I really don't have a problem with flea pits. I don't think it would be worth the hassle of downloading a poor quality copy.

I fancy seeing Dumb and Dumberer. The trailer looked good, and the guys are dead ringers.
Wed 11/06/03 at 13:57
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Hedfix wrote:
> They have to justify the cost of broadband somehow. :)

:)
nah, having the means to get blown to pieces on Unreal Tournament by players 100 milion times better than me is all the justification i need :)
oh, and the fact that GTA 1 is a free download from the Rockstar site!!
Wed 11/06/03 at 13:56
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> That's got nothing to do with it. I stated my points about why I'd
> never download a movie before it came out at the cinema. Nothing to
> do with high morals, as anyone who knows me will tell you.

But you do buy DVDs of films that you haven't seen at the cinema, and I presume you enjoy them.

And most of the films that people bother downloading are DivX files from DVD screeners that are practically indistinguishable from DVD quality.

So, casting morality aside, what's the difference?
Wed 11/06/03 at 12:13
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
No, that's the point.
Wed 11/06/03 at 11:42
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
You have morals?
Wed 11/06/03 at 11:00
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
ManicMyna wrote:
> Mr Snuggly wrote:
> I'd never download them before seeing them
> at the pictures. Maybe it's just me.
>
> look you is staff and you can't be seen to condone piracy can you?
>
> maybe thats why you appear to have a problem with those who don't have
> a such high morals hmmmmm?

That's got nothing to do with it. I stated my points about why I'd never download a movie before it came out at the cinema. Nothing to do with high morals, as anyone who knows me will tell you.
Wed 11/06/03 at 09:12
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
All the ones I've got are from DVD Screener discs converted to SVCD. Like adrian says, anything thats a cam copy isn't worth the effort as it will be crap. If the original isn't sourced from a DVD screener then it really is a waste of time, no sense lowering standards :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.