GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wow, look at this!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/06/03 at 14:56
Regular
I've found a host that offers everything that freeola offers, including, php, MYSQL, CGI-BIN unlimited e-mail forwarding 50-POP3/IMAP adresses, and I can't remember what else they offer.Oh and you don't have to dial up and it's free.

I'm not gonna tell you the name of these hosts cos i'd probably get a beating from the freeola moddy, but I'm sure the likes of Fill and blahpro know hwo i'm talking about cos I seen them on the hosts forums.

guessed yet?
Sat 07/06/03 at 14:56
"I hate that!!!"
I've found a host that offers everything that freeola offers, including, php, MYSQL, CGI-BIN unlimited e-mail forwarding 50-POP3/IMAP adresses, and I can't remember what else they offer.Oh and you don't have to dial up and it's free.

I'm not gonna tell you the name of these hosts cos i'd probably get a beating from the freeola moddy, but I'm sure the likes of Fill and blahpro know hwo i'm talking about cos I seen them on the hosts forums.

guessed yet?
Sat 07/06/03 at 14:58
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Staghosting?

100meg space but a 1 gig bandwidth limit.

Still good though.
Sat 07/06/03 at 14:58
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
.. that stag one??
Sat 07/06/03 at 15:00
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Although the fact that they state they've just been hacked and lost all of their data doesn't really fill me with much confidence.
Sat 07/06/03 at 15:02
"I hate that!!!"
yes, very good, considering it's free, pity their server is down tho else I would've transferred or signed up, because allthough I think freeola is fandabie doosie it's not very convenient for me cos I can't upload stuff to my own domain cos I can't dial up.

BTW I take it the 1 gig band with limit would affect sites with say 100 visitors a day (give or take) in which case I wouldn't be bothered by it cos I only get no more than 30 a day
Sat 07/06/03 at 15:03
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
They kept a backup of the data though which is more than Freeola have done.

Still, if I was to host all of my video files on there, I'd hit that 1 gig in under a day!

Good old NTL and their lack of bandwidth! I'm gonna transfer it all the Freeola over the summer though so it looks better.
Sat 07/06/03 at 15:06
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
If you've only got a text site ike you have, you may be OK although chat forums store logs which can fill up very quickly.

Text sites are fine but as soon as you get a few downloads and pictures up there, it could easily go down.

It's only 33.3 meg a day remember, so that's just over a meg of downloads per person you have. (going at 30 per day)
Sat 07/06/03 at 15:06
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Doughnut Monster© wrote:
> BTW I take it the 1 gig band with limit would affect sites with say
> 100 visitors a day (give or take) in which case I wouldn't be bothered
> by it cos I only get no more than 30 a day.

Although it depends on the size of each page, I expect you can get a lot more than 100 per day (assuming that limit is 1GB a day??).
Sat 07/06/03 at 15:07
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
phi11ip wrote:
> It's only 33.3 meg a day remember.

ok, my last post doesn't count now :)
Sat 07/06/03 at 15:07
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
BLAHpro isn't there.

It's Tom.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.