GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"St Anger - well well..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/06/03 at 10:42
Regular
Yeah, it's not bad, although that drum sound is by far the worst I've heard since AJFA. >_<
Mon 09/06/03 at 11:57
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
The only thing I wasn't too keen on was the pingy snare sound, but I think they've retreated from the massive studio production sound.
A back-to-basics coda that, after 10 years being poofs, I'm happy to see.

And the DVD is excellent, Rob Trujillo bringing the Suicidal rock.
Mon 09/06/03 at 11:52
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Doesn't anyone else think the production is sucky? It sounds to me like it was done in someones back bedroom.
Mon 09/06/03 at 10:59
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Very_Metal wrote:
> there's a few little tricks he used to disguise it as well, it really
> shows live.

see Goatboys post below....
Mon 09/06/03 at 10:57
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Axl Dickinson wrote:
> And is Lars actually a bad drummer? I've never heard that before.
> Admittedly I know absolutely nothing about drumming but I've heard off
> so many people that he is one of the best drummers in the world and he
> sounds amazing to me. I've never heard anyone call him a bad drummer.
> I don't want to believe he's bad either. I just love him. He's so
> mockable but he's so the man.

don't get me wrong, he's a good drummer, just not as good as he thinks he is....
there's a few little tricks he used to disguise it as well, it really shows live.
Mon 09/06/03 at 10:40
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Heard it now, and it's cool.
Mon 09/06/03 at 10:04
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
It's a nod to their old stuff in a lot of the lyrics, talks about hitting the lights etc and it's fat-free, red-faced shouty Metallica again.
Hurrah

Lars Ulrich is a mediocre drummer at best. He is goddamn awful at keeping a beat going for more than a couple of bars and feels the need to thump his toms instead of just playing.
If you listen to bands like Helmet, Prong, Clutch etc it's a simple, driving beat.
Or Tool, with time signatures that I cannot get my head around and play along to - Danny Carey is on a whole different plane of talent.

Ulrich simply smashes his toms and drops snare hits every other bar, especially on albums like Master of Puppets and Justice. You dont need to be a drummer to notice it, stick on any song and see if he keeps the beat for more than a bar without "dugga dugga diggity dugga" pointless tom action.

Except on St Anger - still has 2 or 3 different patterns per song but he's eased back from his can't-play disguise and just plays with the song.
Fri 06/06/03 at 16:48
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Any tracks like ' Welcome Home (Sanitarium)' or 'Disposable Heroes' on the new album?
Fri 06/06/03 at 13:53
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I've heard the song St Anger, didn't really like it.

"St. Anger round ma NEEEEHCK! He neveh gets re-speheck!"
Fri 06/06/03 at 10:42
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Yeah, it's not bad, although that drum sound is by far the worst I've heard since AJFA. >_<

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.