GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"St Anger - well well..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/06/03 at 10:42
Regular
Yeah, it's not bad, although that drum sound is by far the worst I've heard since AJFA. >_<
Mon 09/06/03 at 18:37
Kiriyama wrote:
> Goatboy wrote:
> Mr Snuggly wrote:
> I want to hear it now. But I bet I still hate it. Goaty, swap you
> a
> Metallica CD for a NERD CD?
>
> --
>
> Will do for a Johnny Cash one..
>
> Hah! Didn't Metallica help him out on his alb?
>
> And anyone who disses St. Anger can die a horrible death! :D

You obviously have no taste in metal
Mon 09/06/03 at 18:36
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Goatboy wrote:
> Mr Snuggly wrote:
> I want to hear it now. But I bet I still hate it. Goaty, swap you
> a
>
> --
>
> Will do for a Johnny Cash one..

Hah! Didn't Metallica help him out on his alb?

And anyone who disses St. Anger can die a horrible death! :D
Mon 09/06/03 at 18:25
St. Anger is a weird song. It could have been so much better, and i agree with Rosalind that the production sounds terrible, the levels are all wrong.

It starts off promising with a fairly decent metalish riff but then the drummer just mucks the whole song up with a terrible beat, with an annoying snare drum. When that finishes he brings in a cool double kick bit but its very quiet, not quite up to the standard of Stamping Ground or Chimaira.

The singing is also terrible, he looks like he is going to die any second. The bass'st cant sing to save his life, his annoying efforts do nothing for the song.

Overall its a shoddy half hearted effort, its not "old school" metal, but its not "Nu" metal either. Its sort of caught somewhere in between. I havnt heard the rest of the albumn but if this song is its best i dont think i will be getting it
Mon 09/06/03 at 17:37
Regular
"Festivus!"
After proclaiming I hate that song for so long, St. Anger is actually starting to be an enjoyable song, rather than a crappy attempt at nu-metal.

Damn my changing ways.
Mon 09/06/03 at 17:02
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> I want to hear it now. But I bet I still hate it. Goaty, swap you a

--

Will do for a Johnny Cash one..
Mon 09/06/03 at 16:57
Regular
"\\"
Bleeders wrote:
> Yeah, it's not bad, although that drum sound is by far the worst I've
> heard since AJFA. >_<

Yep. Much too pingy on the snare. BUT only the snare is bad.

Maybe the choking of the crash cymbal was a bad idea aswell, but theyre metallica. They can get away with it.

"Another pointless fact about my life"
One of my freinds* asked the other day if we'd heard of metal lica. Twas funny.

*we actually hate him
Mon 09/06/03 at 16:10
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
OK, I confused about this.

I like heavy metal. I like rock. The Metallica I know, and don't particularly like, are a bunch of grown men thrashing away at power chords and then palm-muting whilst someone in the background hits some tom-toms quite fast and gets sweaty over it.

Yet, everyone else I talk to about them seems to see a totally different group - one even comparing them to early Led Zep stuff.

Am I just listening to the wrong stuff? I don't like that new single, I didn't like that one they did a couple of years ago, and I'm not fond of that older song they keep playing between The Deftones and Linkin Park on eMpyTV2. I want to like them because everyone else does (The SM:TV mentality), but I don't think I ever could. Someone change my mind, please.
Mon 09/06/03 at 15:45
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I want to hear it now. But I bet I still hate it. Goaty, swap you a Metallica CD for a NERD CD?
Mon 09/06/03 at 13:19
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Good.
Because the recent stuff was absolutely awful. They even lost a bass player because of their rock-lite.
Mon 09/06/03 at 13:16
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I don't think it's Trujillo's influence, I think they're just pandering to the fans after realising they've lost a lot recently.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.