GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Well, *I* thought Reloaded was good."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/05/03 at 18:34
Regular
Just got back from seeing it with a bunch of college mates. One of my other mates saw it and said it was crap, but didn't want to say why so it wouldn't be spoilt for us.

Now I want to know what was wrong with it in his eyes.

The Matrix started well, slowed down then had an amazing last twenty or so minutes (everything from Neo walking into the government building)

Reloaded started slow then picked up pace. The rave/love scene was pointless. The first 10/20 minutes or so just made it look like Neo and Trinity were desperate to have sex, not that they were in love.

But the Neo/100 Smiths scene was amazing. The fight with the humans was good, and the car chase was what made me decide "Yeah, this film rules."

Neo doing a Superman and flying really fast to save his bird was really good, but it was painfully obvious she was going to die and he'd bring her back.

I think I was the only one who wasn't bothered by Neo frying the machines at the end. I accepted it because either he has powers outside the Matrix, or they are, in fact, in another sort of Matrix or something similar.

Looking forward to the sequel and the DVD of this one. Balls to anyone who said it's pants, it's blatantly not. It's an entertaining film, nothing more, nothing less. And that's all that matters.
Sun 25/05/03 at 09:52
Regular
"I love Dave music"
People who didn't like Reloaded are looking for the wrong things IMHO. The Matrix films are not about:

Great acting
Complex multi-layered plots
Realism <-- Come on, you're moaning "that bit didn't look real", take a step back here and think about the story in general

BUT, they are about:

Looking way too cool
An amazing idea
Stunning special effects
Fighting
Fighting
Cool soundtrack
Fighting

Sometimes it is allowed to go and watch a film and just have some FUN!
Sun 25/05/03 at 17:17
Regular
I thinksed the Matrix Reloaded was better than the first.

If someone who watched Reloaded first, then the original, they would be disappointed with it, it's just because the MAtrix was unlike anything ever before, whereas in Reloaded you had seen half of the stuff done before.

The French Guy was hilarious.

"I'm off to take a pees" (Except in his hilarious French accent)
Or his cake that gave the girl an orgasm

:D
Sun 25/05/03 at 18:14
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I really enjoyed it. The fights were brilliant, the film oozed 'cool', the dance/love scene was pretty poor, but I can see why it was there. The car chase/motorway was incredible. As were all the bits I've forgotten already. Probably. The philosophy was pretty cool, altohugh perhaps a bit extended.

Brilliant fun.
Sun 25/05/03 at 18:19
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
The GingerLord wrote:
> The Matrix films are not about:
>
> Complex multi-layered plots

Sun 25/05/03 at 18:25
Regular
"Yours or Mine"
Saw it yessterday night thought it was amazing can not wait till the next one. Shame that the keyman had to die
Sun 25/05/03 at 18:30
Regular
Thankyou oh so much for not mentioning there were spoilers in this post. I was delighted to read about Trinity's death and resurrection and Neo's frying of the machines outside the Matrix before I watched the film - I enjoy having surprises ruined.

Idiot.
Sun 25/05/03 at 18:31
Regular
Oh, and by the way, I was being sarcastic :D.
Sun 25/05/03 at 19:11
Regular
If you don't want to be spoiled, don't read a thread about the film.

Cretin.
Mon 26/05/03 at 17:01
Regular
Cretin indeed!

And I'm sorry if I came off I little harsh with that comment - I'm going to see the film in a couple of days and it didn't really spoil anything.
Mon 26/05/03 at 21:06
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
I thought it was pretty good. Except for the whole first half-hour of Star Wars episode 1-ness.

"Blah blah blah council? Blah blah ship docking! Blah blah blah blah diret orders blah blah blah blah."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.